Zach Wilson is just fine, he's right where he should be, this fanbase has lost their minds!

JetsRay

31 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

Fear of getting hit

thats it right there.

i looked it up and Zach has been hit 7 times in 5 games. thats is tied for lowest in the league.

the best QBs .... Herbert 28, Burrow who plays tonight 27, Mahomes 25, Brady 21... Flacco 17 in 3 games.

he needs to grow a pair and stay in there and make a play. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Otoh, Josh Allen wasn't great his first 2 years either (though probably better than ZW) but I'm sure the Bills are happy they didn't give up on him.

Josh Allen was always a special athlete even before he turned it on as a passer. The dude runs a legit 4.5 at 238 he's always tough to tackle. 

Zach wilson has no special traits he's just a slight dude who makes bad decisions. At least Allen could make a living running those first two years 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Allen was always a special athlete even before he turned it on as a passer. The dude runs a legit 4.5 at 238 he's always tough to tackle. 

Zach wilson has no special traits he's just a slight dude who makes bad decisions. At least Allen could make a living running those first two years 

Arm strength.  He's also really good at escaping the rush with his little moves (though I think that'll catch up to him).  And he has a quick release.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

No he is not. I would have benched him for that bullsh*t lob he threw. The dude is being selfish. It's not about you Zach. Play your role. Zach is trying to be Mahomes and killing the team in the process. 

Exactly. And it’s not like he couldn’t come back and start next week. How many times was Sanchez benched when he did same sh!t as rookie, but was back in next week.. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Arm strength.  He's also really good at escaping the rush with his little moves (though I think that'll catch up to him).  And he has a quick release.

He does have arm strength but turning your back to the pass rush isn't a good habit 

12 hours ago, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is a 2nd year QB, still developing, still learning, and is right where he needs to be.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders. This fan base is an embarrassment, and many of you should be ashamed.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance.

Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

He moved the ball, made great throws, the first TD to Conklin was an amazing throw. Our running game was not running on all cylinders just yet with JRob playing in his first game on a limited pitch count because he's had 3 days of practice in our system.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience.

gonna let you in on a little secret.....zach wilson sucks balls

• Haha 1

Zach will be fine. Yes a few bad throws he will improve. It’s all footwork and confidence right now. He needs to have the confidence to step up in the pocket and not fade away when he does he does just fine. They don’t call that pick back and as some has said we are up 17-3 and he makes very different decisions. I think he felt momentum slipping and didn’t want it to get away so forced things and he’s not good enough to rush yet.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Garnder Minshew is a pipe dream at this point.  Eagles are thinking Super Bowl this season.  If anything happens to Hurts, they are not turning the team over to Ian Book.  Can't see the Eagles parting with MInshew in season.

That window has closed but it was right there. JD has done a good job overall but as I said since LAST offseason, mega foul up to not have a credible plan B QB on roster in case the guy wasn’t ready for prime time and needed bench seasoning.

JD is smart though and no way in gods green earth he bets his career on this QB in 2023. There WILL be an alternative brought in who has some modicum of upside. Not a corpse or has been. Better late than never.

And if he doesn’t? I ain’t watching this dreck.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, doitny said:

thats it right there.

i looked it up and Zach has been hit 7 times in 5 games. thats is tied for lowest in the league.

the best QBs .... Herbert 28, Burrow who plays tonight 27, Mahomes 25, Brady 21... Flacco 17 in 3 games.

he needs to grow a pair and stay in there and make a play. 

Thank you, I've been saying this since he was at BYU. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

That window has closed but it was right there. JD has done a good job overall but as I said since LAST offseason, mega foul up to not have a credible plan B QB on roster in case the guy wasn’t ready for prime time and needed bench seasoning.

JD is smart though and no way in gods green earth he bets his career on this QB in 2023. There WILL be an alternative brought in who has some modicum of upside. Not a corpse or has been. Better late than never.

And if he doesn’t? I ain’t watching this dreck.

I'm concerned that there might be a mutiny next year if Wilson keeps playing like this and there isn't a legitimate alternative on the roster. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, maury77 said:

I'm concerned that there might be a mutiny next year if Wilson keeps playing like this and there isn't a legitimate alternative on the roster. 

JD has demonstrated he knows how to build a team. There is no chance the QB is gift wrapped the starter role next year nor “wins” it after a sham competition. Don’t worry about that.

I am not a Zach Wilson homer, but I am absolutely disgusted by the treatment he’s received from the fans and media.

Everyone was just waiting for him to have a bad game in which the Jets lose so they can pump the narrative that he’s holding this team back. The media is working to create a QB controversy and the fans are eating it up. 

Zach Wilson may suck, but there are a lot of problems with this offense. This notion that a the Jets are a legit contender with Jimmy Garrappolo at QB is not true. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 2

2 minutes ago, Mario said:

I am not a Zach Wilson homer, but I am absolutely disgusted by the treatment he’s received from the fans and media.

Everyone was just waiting for him to have a bad game in which the Jets lose so they can pump the narrative that he’s holding this team back. The media is working to create a QB controversy and the fans are eating it up. 

Zach Wilson may suck, but there are a lot of problems with this offense. This notion that a the Jets are a legit contender with Jimmy Garrappolo at QB is not true. 

Well, we DID score more points with Joe Flacco, so there is that.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmm Ray good to see you posting and still having the energy to respond to all of the vitriol you KNEW was coming when you made the OP! :) 

My question to you is when the field opened up on quite a few of those 3rd downplays you mentioned instead of Zach throwing up a prayer why not scrabble for the 5 yards and pick up the first down? 

Nothing there, but space and he refuses to take what the DEFENSE IS GIVING HIM!!

Do I want Zach banished and to never play for the Jets again????????? NO!!!!!

That would be silly!

But I do want the young man to exercise better judgment when he is the starting QB for the New York Jets and so should you!!

Thanks pal, same to you!

There was only one play that I recall where he escaped the pocket and had the chance to run for the first down but instead tried for a TD pass to Conklin down the seam.

Look, we are on the same page. I'm not at all happy with some of his decision making, but to say he hasn't progressed, and that after one year where he missed time due to injury, and after only being back for 5 games so far this year (and we are 4-1 during that time), writing him off after one loss when there was plenty to still like what you saw from him yesterday is ridiculous.

I mean heck, anybody watching the Browns/Bengals game? Burrow looks horrible, they aren't doing anything on offense, Burrow is making mistakes, should the Bengals write him off? Does Burrow suck?  

The NFL is a hard league, some of the fans here should give the vitriol a rest and realize Zach is not that far off. He's 22 yrs old, 2nd year, still learning, developing, and playing behind an OL that has been a carrousel. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, maury77 said:

next year? how about in another week or 2. Moore was just the tip of the iceberg. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Do you really think he had a bad game yesterday or just a few bad plays?  I was freaking pumped the way he was playing until the first pick.  

I know the refs are the refs especially in a Patriot game, but Barrios and Wilson were mugged on third down plays where it looked like bad passes, but the were on the money fi the guys didn't et held.    

Call me crazy, but that was his best game (second best performance after the 4th quarter in Pittsburgh). 

Exacly!

A few bad plays...

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

One bad game? You're kidding right. The Jets have won inspite of Zachs play. In his 4 wins he has thrown 1 TD, has averaged 173 yards a game and has a completion percentage  below 55% and a QBR of 47. If you add in his QBR from Sunday, it drops to 41. This is not winning QB play in the NFL. Breece Hall is why we won, not Zach. Zach is a freaking roadblock to winning. 

This is nothing but a bunch of crap.

Won in spite of Zach?  The two drives Zach dominated in that Pittsburgh game was all Zach Wilson, your'e a fool!

13 hours ago, Trotter said:

Not sure if you were at the game and if not maybe that is why you are struggling with the comments from others. There are receivers open and by open several yards on at least 10 plays that immediately come to mind yesterday while he is doing the hoop de doo back there. Maybe that is not projected watching the game on tv but it is plain in sight at the game.

Mims specifically comes to mind on at least 3 plays where he is literally waving his arms.

He does not see the field - it is simply a fact. Does time fix that - who knows but I think the majority are telling you probably not. 

You know, sick of this damn town and fans. If Wilson can’t get better, then why is Gino Smith better when he was the worst decision maker with the worst mechanics to ever play at the pro level in his first like 7 years. But, hey Wilson has to be Joe Montana in his second season after only 18 starts or he is a bust that should be benched. If at one point he is not the one we will go in a different direction knowing we are still in good shape with a top 10 D and some good pieces on O. But, let’s see how things go between now and after the bye week before we jump to too many conclusions.

Robert Saleh is fully committed to Zach Wilson as Jets starter

By Brian Costello / NY POST

Anyone hoping to see a change at quarterback for the Jets is going to be waiting a while.

Jets coach Robert Saleh said Zach Wilson will be the team’s quarterback for the rest of the season unless he is injured.

“Zach’s our quarterback,” Saleh said Monday.

Wilson’s status as starter only became a question after Sunday’s three-interception performance in the 22-17 loss to the Patriots. All of Wilson’s interceptions were horrible decisions and throws that killed any chance the Jets had of winning the game.

Since returning from his knee injury in Week 4, Wilson has helped the Jets go 4-1, but he has largely been a supporting cast member. He had a strong fourth quarter against the Steelers in his first game back but did not throw a touchdown pass in wins over the Dolphins, Packers and Broncos. He also did not throw an interception in those three games, which was part of a formula for winning that relied on the running game and strong defense.

In his five games this season, Wilson has completed 54.9 percent of his passes for 1,048 yards with three touchdowns and five interceptions. His QB rating of 71.0 is 34th out of 35 qualifying quarterbacks, ahead of only Steelers rookie Kenny Pickett.

37333410-09CE-49ED-87CB-95A5B5BE7003.thumb.webp.afedd1d2d0b3646184af172853bd45cb.webp
Despite his Week 8 struggles, Robert Saleh is sticking with Zach Wilson as his QB. Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

Still, Saleh expressed unwavering support of Wilson on Monday.

“I think Zach’s going to continue to get better. I think he’s a lot better than he was a year ago,” Saleh said. “I expect him to continue to get better. Do I expect it all to be clean? No, every quarterback has their days. But he’s our quarterback because we think he’s going to get better and he’s going to continue to prove why he was the number two pick.”

A funny thing has happened to the Jets this season. Entering the year, the feeling was the young Jets would all go through a growing year, Wilson included. But the Jets are now 5-3 and the playoffs are realistic possibility, except they’ll need better play from Wilson. At the moment, it feels like the Jets are ahead of schedule, but Wilson is still lagging behind.

Saleh pointed to the good that Wilson has shown this season.

“The guy is 4-1 coming back as a starter,” Saleh said. “He does have a lot to do with that — avoiding all the sacks, being able to throw away the ball, keeping us on track, keeping us on schedule. There’s a lot of things that don’t blow up the stat page, but from a coaching standpoint there’s a lot of things that he’s done that keep us at least from imploding. [Sunday] was not a good game from a decision-making standpoint. He did a lot of good things in the game, too. There were a lot of explosive plays that he had and a lot of good things but those three critical mistakes were backbreaking, which he recognizes.”

The Jets now face the Bills this week before the bye and another game against the Patriots. With star running back Breece Hall out for the season, the Jets are going to need Wilson to give them better play than he has over the last month.

“I’ve got full confidence in Zach,” Saleh said. “We all do. It’s not like he hasn’t had bad games before and he’s stepped up and has followed it with good days. With the way he preps and the way he practices and the questions he asks, we’ve got faith that he’ll continue to find ways to get better.”

Saleh said he did not give any thought Sunday to pulling Wilson for backup Mike White.

Team captain C.J. Mosley said the Jets have Wilson’s back.

“He’s an NFL player,” Mosley said. “He knows exactly what’s going on and he knows what winning football looks like and he knows what losing football looks like. When it comes to making sure his head is in the right place or having his back, I mean everybody in the building has his back. Everybody knows what he’s capable of and he knows what he’s capable of.”

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

This is nothing but a bunch of crap.

Won in spite of Zach?  The two drives Zach dominated in that Pittsburgh game was all Zach Wilson, your'e a fool!

Looks like Brian Costello  agrees with me

Since returning from his knee injury in Week 4, Wilson has helped the Jets go 4-1, but he has largely been a supporting cast member. He had a strong fourth quarter against the Steelers in his first game back but did not throw a touchdown pass in wins over the Dolphins, Packers and Broncos. He also did not throw an interception in those three games, which was part of a formula for winning that relied on the running game and strong defense.

In his five games this season, Wilson has completed 54.9 percent of his passes for 1,048 yards with three touchdowns and five interceptions. His QB rating of 71.0 is 34th out of 35 qualifying quarterbacks, ahead of only Steelers rookie Kenny Pickett.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/robert-saleh-is-committed-to-zach-wilson-as-jets-starter/

• Upvote 1