Zach Wilson is just fine, he's right where he should be, this fanbase has lost their minds!

JetsRay

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

You know, sick of this damn town and fans. If Wilson can’t get better, then why is Gino Smith better when he was the worst decision maker with the worst mechanics to ever play at the pro level in his first like 7 years. But, hey Wilson has to be Joe Montana in his second season after only 18 starts or he is a bust that should be benched. If at one point he is not the one we will go in a different direction knowing we are still in good shape with a top 10 D and some good pieces on O. But, let’s see how things go between now and after the bye week before we jump to too many conclusions.

This is actually the funniest post in the thread. 
it starts off with you ripping everyone for being too impatient with Zach. Then you conclude with… “let’s give him one more week before we jump to conclusions.”

Jimmy Fallon Omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is a 2nd year QB, still developing, still learning, and is right where he needs to be.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders. This fan base is an embarrassment, and many of you should be ashamed.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance.

Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

He moved the ball, made great throws, the first TD to Conklin was an amazing throw. Our running game was not running on all cylinders just yet with JRob playing in his first game on a limited pitch count because he's had 3 days of practice in our system.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience.

Zach is 3-1 since returning. 3-1. He played a pretty poor game yesterday and the world is falling off the edge.  Rodgers, Stafford, Carr, Herbert and many other established QB's have had bad games this year. For a raw and on the job training QB,  It's part of the growing process.  BTW, Burrows was just humiliated by the Browns tonight. Burrows. You know, the QB that went to the SB last year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

This is nothing but a bunch of crap.

Won in spite of Zach?  The two drives Zach dominated in that Pittsburgh game was all Zach Wilson, your'e a fool!

and so was those first 3 qts where he completed 25%. but people seem to forget that. he might not have had to have those 2 4th qt drives if he did anything for 3 qts

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Zach is 3-1 since returning. 3-1. He played a pretty poor game yesterday and the world is falling off the edge.  Rodgers, Stafford, Carr, Herbert and many other established QB's have had bad games this year. For a raw and on the job training QB,  It's part of the growing process.  BTW, Burrows was just humiliated by the Browns tonight. Burrows. You know, the QB that went to the SB last year. 

yeah i know Burrows the guy who throw 34 TDs last year and lead his team to the SB. compared to Zach who wont reach 10-12 TDs and lead his team to nothing. 

yeah i know.

15 hours ago, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is a 2nd year QB, still developing, still learning, and is right where he needs to be.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders. This fan base is an embarrassment, and many of you should be ashamed.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance.

Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

He moved the ball, made great throws, the first TD to Conklin was an amazing throw. Our running game was not running on all cylinders just yet with JRob playing in his first game on a limited pitch count because he's had 3 days of practice in our system.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience.

Try watching the game next time. Zach has been atrocious and this D has carried his ass for way too long. We haven’t played against a half decent QB yet. That’s about to change this week. I’m guessing 45-10 whooping with Zach the great throwing 3 more picks. 

49 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Robert Saleh is fully committed to Zach Wilson as Jets starter

By Brian Costello / NY POST

Anyone hoping to see a change at quarterback for the Jets is going to be waiting a while.

Jets coach Robert Saleh said Zach Wilson will be the team’s quarterback for the rest of the season unless he is injured.

“Zach’s our quarterback,” Saleh said Monday.

Wilson’s status as starter only became a question after Sunday’s three-interception performance in the 22-17 loss to the Patriots. All of Wilson’s interceptions were horrible decisions and throws that killed any chance the Jets had of winning the game.

Since returning from his knee injury in Week 4, Wilson has helped the Jets go 4-1, but he has largely been a supporting cast member. He had a strong fourth quarter against the Steelers in his first game back but did not throw a touchdown pass in wins over the Dolphins, Packers and Broncos. He also did not throw an interception in those three games, which was part of a formula for winning that relied on the running game and strong defense.

In his five games this season, Wilson has completed 54.9 percent of his passes for 1,048 yards with three touchdowns and five interceptions. His QB rating of 71.0 is 34th out of 35 qualifying quarterbacks, ahead of only Steelers rookie Kenny Pickett.

37333410-09CE-49ED-87CB-95A5B5BE7003.thumb.webp.afedd1d2d0b3646184af172853bd45cb.webp
Despite his Week 8 struggles, Robert Saleh is sticking with Zach Wilson as his QB. Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

Still, Saleh expressed unwavering support of Wilson on Monday.

“I think Zach’s going to continue to get better. I think he’s a lot better than he was a year ago,” Saleh said. “I expect him to continue to get better. Do I expect it all to be clean? No, every quarterback has their days. But he’s our quarterback because we think he’s going to get better and he’s going to continue to prove why he was the number two pick.”

A funny thing has happened to the Jets this season. Entering the year, the feeling was the young Jets would all go through a growing year, Wilson included. But the Jets are now 5-3 and the playoffs are realistic possibility, except they’ll need better play from Wilson. At the moment, it feels like the Jets are ahead of schedule, but Wilson is still lagging behind.

Saleh pointed to the good that Wilson has shown this season.

“The guy is 4-1 coming back as a starter,” Saleh said. “He does have a lot to do with that — avoiding all the sacks, being able to throw away the ball, keeping us on track, keeping us on schedule. There’s a lot of things that don’t blow up the stat page, but from a coaching standpoint there’s a lot of things that he’s done that keep us at least from imploding. [Sunday] was not a good game from a decision-making standpoint. He did a lot of good things in the game, too. There were a lot of explosive plays that he had and a lot of good things but those three critical mistakes were backbreaking, which he recognizes.”

The Jets now face the Bills this week before the bye and another game against the Patriots. With star running back Breece Hall out for the season, the Jets are going to need Wilson to give them better play than he has over the last month.

“I’ve got full confidence in Zach,” Saleh said. “We all do. It’s not like he hasn’t had bad games before and he’s stepped up and has followed it with good days. With the way he preps and the way he practices and the questions he asks, we’ve got faith that he’ll continue to find ways to get better.”

Saleh said he did not give any thought Sunday to pulling Wilson for backup Mike White.

Team captain C.J. Mosley said the Jets have Wilson’s back.

“He’s an NFL player,” Mosley said. “He knows exactly what’s going on and he knows what winning football looks like and he knows what losing football looks like. When it comes to making sure his head is in the right place or having his back, I mean everybody in the building has his back. Everybody knows what he’s capable of and he knows what he’s capable of.”

what do you expect him to say. they all have your back until they dont.

its like the mob, they love you right before they wack you.

did you make Tommy? 

well we had a problem and there was nutting we could do about it.

what do you me?

he gone, there was nutting we could do about it

what do you mean hes gone? you were just throwing him a party for his promotion?

thats whats going to happen after the Buffalo game.

Zach is gone and there is nutting we could do about it.

32 minutes ago, doitny said:

what do you expect him to say. they all have your back until they dont.

its like the mob, they love you right before they wack you.

did you make Tommy? 

well we had a problem and there was nutting we could do about it.

what do you me?

he gone, there was nutting we could do about it

what do you mean hes gone? you were just throwing him a party for his promotion?

thats whats going to happen after the Buffalo game.

Zach is gone and there is nutting we could do about it.

Thanks, now I know they’re beating Buffalo outright next week haha.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, doitny said:

thats it right there.

i looked it up and Zach has been hit 7 times in 5 games. thats is tied for lowest in the league.

the best QBs .... Herbert 28, Burrow who plays tonight 27, Mahomes 25, Brady 21... Flacco 17 in 3 games.

he needs to grow a pair and stay in there and make a play. 

Wow - that's a fantastic find.  It does explain a ton!  He is not that dude in the pocket... and even outside of the pocket he is scared of getting hit...

He is not comfortable playing against grown men in the NFL.

I'm also still worried that Zach believes he is better than he is, and that he's not particularly coachable.  When you continue to make the same mistakes over and over again - its not a mistake...its a choice!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

You know, sick of this damn town and fans. If Wilson can’t get better, then why is Gino Smith better when he was the worst decision maker with the worst mechanics to ever play at the pro level in his first like 7 years. But, hey Wilson has to be Joe Montana in his second season after only 18 starts or he is a bust that should be benched. If at one point he is not the one we will go in a different direction knowing we are still in good shape with a top 10 D and some good pieces on O. But, let’s see how things go between now and after the bye week before we jump to too many conclusions.

I love the Geno story... and hate how his success is now be weaponized as a new "outlier" example/argument to "prove" points:

• Troy Aikman
  • Peyton Manning
  • Josh Allen
  • And now Geno Smith

With that said, Zach will have to learn humility, and have his opportunities taken away to reach his inner Geno level of potential.

In fact, the Geno Smith "patience" argument is an argument for benching Zach and letting him mature on the bench as a back-up.

• Upvote 3

I would also add that the narrative about Geno being bad for 7 years is just not accurate...  he didn't play after he left the Jets.  (Behind Eli, Phillip Rivers, and Russell Wilson)

The Giants coaching staff did want Geno to start over Eli Manning in 2017... bc he was outperforming the vet in camp, and they eventually made it happen for 1 game.  Geno put up a QB rating of 84 or 85 in the one game that he played.  The backlash to benching Manning got the Coach and the GM fired.  Not Geno sucking. 

His only significant playing time after that was 4 starts last year in Seattle where he produced a 103 QB rating and a 5TDs to 1 int ratio.  He played consistently well last year and consistently well this year.   This year over 8 games, 107 QB rating and 13TDs to 3 int ratio.  It also might be good to note in 3 seasons with Seattle he's had to play in 2 different offensive systems.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

I would also add that the narrative about Geno being bad for 7 years is just not accurate...  he didn't play after he left the Jets.  (Behind Eli, Phillip Rivers, and Russell Wilson)

The Giants coaching staff did want Geno to start over Eli Manning in 2017... bc he was outperforming the vet in camp, and they eventually made it happen for 1 game.  Geno put up a QB rating of 84 or 85 in the one game that he played.  The backlash to benching Manning got the Coach and the GM fired.  Not Geno sucking. 

His only significant playing time after that was 4 starts last year in Seattle where he produced a 103 QB rating and a 5TDs to 1 int ratio.  He played consistently well last year and consistently well this year.   This year over 8 games, 107 QB rating and 13TDs to 3 int ratio.  It also might be good to note in 3 seasons with Seattle he's had to play in 2 different offensive systems.

Who knows what would have happened if Geno didn’t get punched in the face. He might still be the QB here. I think Geno would have had a good year with that Jets offense. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Try watching the game next time. Zach has been atrocious and this D has carried his ass for way too long. We haven’t played against a half decent QB yet. That’s about to change this week. I’m guessing 45-10 whooping with Zach the great throwing 3 more picks. 

Aaron Rodgers is more than a half decent QB. Honestly have never seen a fan base of a 5-3 team panic to the extreme of the miserable Jets "fans" in this forum. Its honestly embarrassing. Not sure why I came back to this forum, after staying away for many years, due to the constant negativity of all of the professionals who know how to coach., GM, and make crucial decisions for a team. We finally have a good season and you people are miserable human beings. My last post in this pathetic forum. Jetsfan80 and all the rest of you, go on living your pathetic, negative lives. So many good things about this season. Gonna enjoy it with my family. Great thing about kids, they just cheer for their players and when they dont do well, they still love their team and their players. They dont give up 8 games into a 5-3 season.. But again,. you all go on and be pathetic. Its what you do.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

His QB rating of 71.0 is 34th out of 35 qualifying quarterbacks, ahead of only Steelers rookie Kenny Pickett.

He would need to be elite from here on out to have a chance to be top 16 in QB Rating as I bet several posters here that he WOULD NOT. Not looking forward to collections — took public shaming campaigns to get the Darnoids to pony up their lost bets.

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Ummmmmm Watch Burrow play behind a bad OL compared to Zach and I dare you to tell me their similar ?

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

He's 4-1.

A QB that puts up 360 yds passing isn't playing poorly, there were several poor plays, dumb decisions, and mistakes that are common for a QB in his second year, all fixable.

Re: your Burrows quote, spot on!

8 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I’m not sure where the correlation of Gino to Zach comes to play.

I am not and I don’t think others have stated that Zach needs to be anyone else.

he needs to show growth and he needs to give the team confidence that he can be the qb of the future.

many including myself simply have not seen that yet.

I am not suggesting to bench Zach and play anyone else. Personally my goal was for him to play the season and see if he is the guy.

My only  counter to that now is with the growth snd success the team has shown and some if the chatter out of the locker room - can saleh afford to let Zach play out the rest of the year if he does not progress at the expense of the rest of the team?

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

This pretty much summarizes where we currently are with Zach. Maybe he can progress from here, but the evidence so far is not looking good.

And what are the primary traits of every starting QB in the league?

And this take is completely wrong!

He doesn't know where to go with the ball and making horrible/reckless decisions.

It's lazy analysis based on nothing, and who is Ben Fennell?

10 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Ummmmmm Watch Burrow play behind a bad OL compared to Zach and I dare you to tell me their similar ?

What exactly is your point here?

Burrow is playing behind an OL that was retooled over the off-season, 4 new starters including high caliber players like Collins.

Zach is playing behind an OL that has 4 different starters at ROT, 3 different starters at LOT, and now the 2nd starter playing at ROG after only 8 games.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Burrow is playing behind an OL that was retooled over the off-season, 4 new starters including high caliber players like Collins.

Zach is playing behind an OL that has 4 different starters at ROT, 3 different starters at LOT, and now the 2nd starter playing at ROG after only 8 games.

My point is watch how Burrow, playing behind an OL that can’t block....has the ability to climb the pocket, keep his eyes down field and throw strikes or take positive yards. Zach bails the pocket at the slightest hint of pressure and misses open receivers as a result and tends to play hero ball which gets him into trouble. 

My point is one QB is still playing at a high level behind a bad OL, and the other is Turning a bad situation worse by panicking and running around like a chicken with its head cutoff....

9 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

So, if we wait until the bye week after week 9, then it’s totally reasonable to proclaim him to not be the one. But those of us saying that after week 8, total raving loons.

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Aaron Rodgers is more than a half decent QB. Honestly have never seen a fan base of a 5-3 team panic to the extreme of the miserable Jets "fans" in this forum. Its honestly embarrassing. Not sure why I came back to this forum, after staying away for many years, due to the constant negativity of all of the professionals who know how to coach., GM, and make crucial decisions for a team. We finally have a good season and you people are miserable human beings. My last post in this pathetic forum. Jetsfan80 and all the rest of you, go on living your pathetic, negative lives. So many good things about this season. Gonna enjoy it with my family. Great thing about kids, they just cheer for their players and when they dont do well, they still love their team and their players. They dont give up 8 games into a 5-3 season.. But again,. you all go on and be pathetic. Its what you do.

It's  because most of us are adults and know what we are looking at. Only  Pickett has a lower rating than Zach. Zach has thrown 3 TDs and 5 picks in 5 games. He has averaged 178 yards in games we have won. This is not a formula for success. Oh, he played one good qrt against Pittsburgh so there is that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Jets OL has had injuries and isn't all world. But Wilson is getting 2.6 seconds and more. A good QB could work with that; take a 2-3 step drop, make your reads and hit a target. But he doesn't make his reads, he hangs onto the ball and he takes off at the slightest hint of pressure. Now great QBs can make plays when things go sideways, but it's not recipe for success. It can work once or twice a game, not every passing down. The receivers have NO IDEA what he's doing, especially when he turns around starts running backward. Wilson makes poor decisions. And that's all without even talking about his failure to set himself before he throws. He flubs basic dumpoff throws that guys can make in parking lot pickup games. 

• Upvote 1

Zach continues makes easy things look difficult. His accuracy on checkdowns--hell, anything short and to the right--is bizarrely terrible. He does not see so many short/quick throws when he bails on clean pockets. He is spooked on short throws underneath because he can't see the field and read the defense consistently yet. He is making things more difficult for himself than it should be. Of course, he then makes difficult things look easy, which is why he was the 2nd overall pick. 

I’ve been a Jets fan since 1968 wen I was 10 yrs old and I have never seen a QB who couldn’t successfully throw the ball out of bounds and get intercepted.

I’m not saying it has never happened before in the history of the game, I’m just saying I have never seen it happen before. I bet if you Google it and it has actually happened before it probably hasn’t happened too many times before. I’m guessing the the butt fumble probably has happened more times.

As I said in a previous post I can’t understand why Zach Wilson can’t consistently throw an accurate short pass. I hate Tom Brady (as all Jets fans do), but he is the most winning QB in history and did it mostly with his short passing game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1