Zach Wilson is just fine, he's right where he should be, this fanbase has lost their minds!

JetsRay

4 hours ago, fullblast said:

1. Getting off of your first read

2. Not looking at the pass rush

3. Stepping up in the pocket

4. Consistent footwork

A lot of this is basic QB stuff that you would expect of a #2 pick. The reason why Moore is frustrated is because he's usually the third or fourth read on any given play and Zach never makes it to him. It's also the reason why Garrett's production plummeted until he took Corey Davis' spot on Sunday.

He has a lot of athleticism but seems to use it as a crutch more so than a weapon. He has gotten better at knowing when to throw the ball away but had some bad lapses on Sunday. His comments after the game weren't exactly encouraging, either.

To me, the kid looks overwhelmed. Maybe he works through it, but right now he looks like a QB who's head is barely above water.

So on that TD pass to Conklin to make it 10-3, what part of that play did Zach not do any of that?

Same goes for the 2 TD comeback win against the Steelers, he did all of they!

When the OL doesn’t give him time, you know maybe because the Jets have had 4 different players at RT, 3 different players at LT, 2 at RG and now lost his primary RB which is also a key position to pick up blitzes, maybe just maybe it’s because Zach often times isn’t getting to his 3rd and 4th option, so he has to go to his check down, which he does, but r escapes the pocket with his amazing escapability to extend the play and gas extended drives and has had some explosive plays that have probably won games.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If they are doing that, I would hope the first thing they are going to work on is showing him where the pocket exists  so he knows where he is supposed to stand and move instead of running backwards. One of the things Zach was lauded  for during the draft was his ability  to go off script and make off platform throws. Well more times than not, those off platform throws are getting picked. The really sad thing is when he has his feet under him, he throws the ball as good as any QB in the league. 

I also have severe ADHD and I just know that if I'm target shooting or golfing and someone is trying to fix 2 things on me at once.... it's gonna be a bad day. 

I can only really focus on one thing at a time. 

7 minutes ago, PorP said:

I also have severe ADHD and I just know that if I'm target shooting or golfing and someone is trying to fix 2 things on me at once.... it's gonna be a bad day. 

I can only really focus on one thing at a time. 

Sorry to hear that. Hope today is a good day for you. Just think about fixing Zach and not to OL ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Adam Schefter makes my point exactly:

Why are these darn Jets fans always so impatient?  People act like they didn't just win a SB a mere five decades ago.  Ease up and let somebody else have a turn, you maniacs.

Edited by AFJF
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope today is a good day for you. Just think about fixing Zach and not to OL ?

Lol

I'm 49 now man. I figured out the keys to managing it.  But when I was 22, my mind was everywhere.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Why are these darn Jets fans always so impatient?  People act like they didn't just win a SB a mere five decades ago.  Ease up and let somebody else have a turn, you maniacs.

And that doesn't mean we should give every player we draft 10 games to prove he's the best fantasy player in the league before sending them to the electric chair.

2 hours ago, JetsRay said:

And that doesn't mean we should give every player we draft 10 games to prove he's the best fantasy player in the league before sending them to the electric chair.

Which player are you talking about who has only played 10 games?

22 hours ago, Bugg said:

No. People bitching about lousy how awful Wilson has been has ZERO IMPACT on how he plays. This MB is fun, but you need to get over yourself. This is the toy dept of things.  If Zach Wilson is so weak that what we write on this board impacts his play, we have way bigger problems than we knew. 

No - disagree. With the media already piling on players the last thing a player needs are fans making it hard on them too. There's a reason why it's tougher to make it in New York - it's the media with big egos and fans that don't support their players. He's shown elite throwing ability, now he needs to learn the position while playing - with a constantly in flux O-line. He's 4-1. The sky isn't falling.

• Upvote 1

Teams will continue to stack the box and force Zach to beat them in the air (single high safety).

Good QBs can carve that coverage up.  Zach can’t bc of his deficiencies.  His inability to QB at a starter level is made worse because he is terrified of getting hit.

After teams take away the run, fans will complain about not running the ball, and the play calling.

The reality is that any run/pass balance issues on offense lead back to the QB.

The defense, special teams, and slamming good RBs into heavy boxes, will not be able to bail out Zach consistently for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

The game plan to stop Zach is well known.  Take away the run and force Zach to beat you in the air.

Fans talking about Zach’s inability to beat teams in the air won’t stop opposing defenses from being excited to play against Zach.

If anything, hopefully fan criticism causes Zach to do some self reflection and abandon his losing style of QB play.  Sadly he seems supremely confident that he is playing well, and believes his approach/ style of play is acceptable.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

No - disagree. With the media already piling on players the last thing a player needs are fans making it hard on them too. There's a reason why it's tougher to make it in New York - it's the media with big egos and fans that don't support their players. He's shown elite throwing ability, now he needs to learn the position while playing - being a constantly in flux O-line. He's 4-1. The sky isn't falling.

Zach absolutely needs more criticism.  If you keep making the same mistakes over and over, it isn’t a mistake - it’s a choice!

Zach needs to choose to take a hit, to deliver the ball on time, to stop turning his back on pressure, to stop backpedaling when delivering balls, etc…

It has to get through to him… we can’t coddle him and have him believe he’s on track.  He isn’t.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

Zach absolutely needs more criticism.  If you keep making the same mistakes over and over, it isn’t a mistake - it’s a choice!

Zach needs to choose to take a hit, to deliver the ball on time, to stop turning his back on pressure, to stop backpedaling when delivering balls, etc…

It has to get through to him… we can’t coddle him and have him believe he’s on track.  He isn’t.

Don't you think he knows he's making mistakes? It's painfully obvious. Fans are just rubbing it in, and no, that doesn't help, not even a little bit. How could it?

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Feel free to explain how fans of a forum wanting better play from our supposed franchise QB "hurts the Jets chance of winning".  

Look how dumb the argument looks when it’s from another teams’ fans

7C662942-BA76-4077-A6E2-67DDD8B5EC0A.thumb.jpeg.b58d4694f35b996bdb2a3a5748818740.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

No - disagree. With the media already piling on players the last thing a player needs are fans making it hard on them too. There's a reason why it's tougher to make it in New York - it's the media with big egos and fans that don't support their players. He's shown elite throwing ability, now he needs to learn the position while playing - being a constantly in flux O-line. He's 4-1. The sky isn't falling.

after he came back from injury last year they went backwards and took baby steps with him. this year he wasnt asked to do much for the 1st 4 games as Hall and the defense carried him. and he struggled. now he was asked to do more and he failed. after 18 NFL games if you cant take the next step there is a problem.

the sky IS falling for Zach.

• Upvote 1

I don’t have an issue with Wilson remaining the starter.

Zach probably isn’t the longterm guy, but let’s leave no questions unanswered this season.

Flacco obviously isn’t the answer and anyone expecting Mike White to end up being anything more than a poor man’s Matt Schaub is kidding themselves.

Don’t even mention Chris Streveler to me. 90% of the teams in the league have some fringe 3rd string/practice squad QB who can light up future claims adjusters in the 4th quarter of pre-season games. And this dude is already pushing 30.

Either Zach makes significant improvements over the next 2 months, or the Jets prepare to bring in a Garoppolo or Minshew type in the offseason.

F*ck all thoughts of spending another 1st round pick on a QB. It’ll just waste away another 2-3 prime years of Sauce, Hall, Q, Mosley, Reed, G. Wilson, the Carter’s, etc.

Unearthing some Mahomes or Allen via the draft just isn’t in the cards for us.

Get a competent veteran and start winning at least 8-10 games a year. So many Jets fans want to take the deep end of this team either winning 12+ games a year or eating rancid dick for the top pick in the draft.

This team has eeked their way into new-age Lions/Browns territory over the last decade plus. I’ll gladly settle for consistent playoff contention for the time being, with the chance to go on a hot streak in the postseason.

All we need is a mid-level QB to make that happen.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, ppls17 said:

Zach will be fine. Yes a few bad throws he will improve. It’s all footwork and confidence right now. He needs to have the confidence to step up in the pocket and not fade away when he does he does just fine. They don’t call that pick back and as some has said we are up 17-3 and he makes very different decisions. I think he felt momentum slipping and didn’t want it to get away so forced things and he’s not good enough to rush yet.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

its a lot more than just footwork and confidence. actually i'm not even sure that confidence is a problem. its a complete lack of spacial awareness and an inability to find open receivers and then throw accurate passes. pretty much he is sh*t at the things you need to be good at to be a good qb

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Edit: I just looked up Calabrese. Dude had 2 years experience before coming here. Was quality control coach in Denver. WTF are we doing???? This is who you put in charge of developing your franchise guy? Jesus christ. No wonder he's going backwards.

Was down on Saleh but it looks like he has a good pulse on the team. This is the one decision that remains a headscratcher during his hiring. You take a raw prospect who played against Mountain West competition, to play a complicated pro style offense in the Shanahan WCO.....and surround him with an inexperienced coordinator/playcaller and an inexperienced QB coach. I get Knapp's tragic death but all due respect it's over a year later they could have hired someone with some experience other then his own personal QB coach SMH.....

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2022 at 2:18 AM, JETS SB said:

Aaron Rodgers is more than a half decent QB. Honestly have never seen a fan base of a 5-3 team panic to the extreme of the miserable Jets "fans" in this forum. Its honestly embarrassing. Not sure why I came back to this forum, after staying away for many years, due to the constant negativity of all of the professionals who know how to coach., GM, and make crucial decisions for a team. We finally have a good season and you people are miserable human beings. My last post in this pathetic forum. Jetsfan80 and all the rest of you, go on living your pathetic, negative lives. So many good things about this season. Gonna enjoy it with my family. Great thing about kids, they just cheer for their players and when they dont do well, they still love their team and their players. They dont give up 8 games into a 5-3 season.. But again,. you all go on and be pathetic. Its what you do.

PFF rated our D #1 and our offense #32. Do you realize what that means? It means your 5-3 record is a bunch of fraud and ready to be exposed by a half decent QB that’s not at the twilight of his career. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, nyjet4life said:

How you like my post now! I am a realist. And understand the game when clearly we have a bad QB.

Anaylsis Lol!

Nothing has changed.

Zach deserved to be benched, and I've said it multiple times.

The book is also still not yet written on Wilson, and this thread still serves the same purpose.

That said, if White continues to perform as he has been and ascends, we may have found our QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Nothing has changed.

Zach deserved to be benched, and I've said it multiple times.

The book is also still not yet written on Wilson, and this thread still serves the same purpose.

That said, if White continues to perform as he has been and ascends, we may have found our QB.

Zach Sucks

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Zach is precisely where he needs to be.  Sitting on the bench needing to win back a job that he never actually "won" in the first place.

Still confuses me why they started him immediately. The only positive I can see from that is more reps, but he could just get those later. They threw him out there.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the status of "inactive on gameday" is "fine" and "right where he needs to be" while his teammates openly celebrate his demise on the field?

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Actually...

Yes...  the problem with most young QB's that are top of the draft draft picks is they are inserted into the line up right away and never given the time to develop, grow up, mature, earn their role as a starter and a leader...

Even the best QB's sat their first year...

Zach has a ton of talent, and he's shown it this year.

He's also shown he has a lot of growing up to do.

Now he learns humility, and has to earn his role back.

It's the best move possible for Zach Wilson

And it took guts from Saleh to bench him as he has done with other players who fail to understand they aren't "entitled" to anything, and they are accountable to the rest of the team. 

Saleh is fast becoming a very good head coach!!

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Actually...

Yes...  the problem with most young QB's that are top of the draft draft picks is they are inserted into the line up right away and never given the time to develop, grow up, mature, earn their role as a starter and a leader...

Even the best QB's sat their first year...

Zach has a ton of talent, and he's shown it this year.

He's also shown he has a lot of growing up to do.

Now he learns humility, and has to earn his role back.

It's the best move possible for Zach Wilson

And it took guts from Saleh to bench him as he has done with other players who fail to understand they aren't "entitled" to anything, and they are accountable to the rest of the team. 

Saleh is fast becoming a very good head coach!!

This Is Fine GIF

• Haha 4

On 10/31/2022 at 5:08 AM, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is a 2nd year QB, still developing, still learning, and is right where he needs to be.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders. This fan base is an embarrassment, and many of you should be ashamed.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance.

Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

He moved the ball, made great throws, the first TD to Conklin was an amazing throw. Our running game was not running on all cylinders just yet with JRob playing in his first game on a limited pitch count because he's had 3 days of practice in our system.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience.

This did not age well Zach is not where he should be on any level of the game on or off the field.

• Upvote 3