Zach Wilson is just fine, he's right where he should be, this fanbase has lost their minds!

JetsRay

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Not sure if you were at the game and if not maybe that is why you are struggling with the comments from others. There are receivers open and by open several yards on at least 10 plays that immediately come to mind yesterday while he is doing the hoop de doo back there. Maybe that is not projected watching the game on tv but it is plain in sight at the game.

Mims specifically comes to mind on at least 3 plays where he is literally waving his arms.

He does not see the field - it is simply a fact. Does time fix that - who knows but I think the majority are telling you probably not. 

His instinct is still to run around and create that way, rather than have a clock in his head such that when there’s a rush he throws it to the nearest wr for a short gain.  He is not content on 2nd and 8 to throw a 4 yard pass.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

No sh*t, it was a bad play, ALL the QB's have had those moments, even the great QB's, look no further than both Brady and Rogers THIS year!

Turning that play and making the statement "Zach is the worst ever" is just nonsense!

It's not "just" about the INT's. It's the rollouts of the pocket, dropping back 15 yards, holding onto the ball way too long, making mind blowing dumb decisions, throwing off the wrong foot...

He's too wreckless. You can get lucky from time to time but inevitably it's not how to consistently win football games or become a champion. There is nothing empirical that you can show me that indicates Zach is going to change. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

he is tie for lasted (35th) in comp % 54.9

he is 31st in INT % 3.8

the only QB worst at TD % is Pickett a rookie.

the only QB with a worst Rate is Pickett a rookie.

he is on pace to have the worst 2nd season of any 1st rd QB ( 22 QBs) this last decade not named Manzel or Rosen.

is this right where he needs to be?

If you want to nitpick stats, I pefer to use my eyes...

Worst TD% is affected because TD's like the 80 yd pass to Hall where he made it to the 1 yd line would have been a TD, instead they ran the ball in. 

There was another play on a long pass where Hall made it to the 1 yd line, and they ran it in for the score. So that was another TD pass that didn't go to Zach but went as a rushing TD.

The offense as a whole has been pretty good, and the QB play has also been pretty good.

But you ago ahead and nitpick on stats that don't tell the whole story!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

This is the year to see what he’s made of. Which means taking the good, the bad and the ugly. 

I don’t care of his QB rating, pass completion %, etc, etc. What matters is that he doesn’t become the REASON why we lose games. 

Yesterday, he was the reason. turnovers are a no, no. We’ll see if he’s up to the task. There’s 9 games left and ALL QBs have bad games. Heck, look at Lawrence down in Jacksonville. You think he’s getting benched?

He needs to continue playing, take his lumps and end of the year, we either have something to build on, or we don’t. The moving up of White should unsettle him somewhat and that’s good. We’ll see what he’s made of.

I’m OK with being Patient

As if Mike White is the answer…!!!?

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

No they weren’t 

one pick was an overthrow on a good play

one was a throw away that didn’t go far enough out of bounds 

like, wtf

Zach hit McCourtey twice like he was trying to throw it to him.   The head scratcher is that all Wilson needed to do was step out of bounds or dump the ball.  His decision making and processing of where to put the ball does not look good.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This is the year to see what he’s made of. Which means taking the good, the bad and the ugly. 

I don’t care of his QB rating, pass completion %, etc, etc. What matters is that he doesn’t become the REASON why we lose games. 

Yesterday, he was the reason. turnovers are a no, no. We’ll see if he’s up to the task. There’s 9 games left and ALL QBs have bad games. Heck, look at Lawrence down in Jacksonville. You think he’s getting benched?

He needs to continue playing, take his lumps and at the year, we either have something to build on, or we don’t. The moving up of White should unsettle him somewhat and that’s good. We’ll see what he’s made of.

I’m OK with being Patient

As if Mike White is the answer…!!!?

He is not improving at all.  Hes actually getting worse each game.  He is not going to magically get better just by playing more.

The wheels are in motion and he has 2 quarters left as the starter barring a miracle at this point.

The first two picks he got lazy with his footwork and missed the mark.  This is really, really simple stuff that was a problem last year. I’m more careful about having my feet under me when I’m playing fetch with my dog than Wilson is playing in NFL football games.

The second one in particular, just put it in the seats off to the side. Why is that ball anywhere resembling in bounds? Not like you get points for hitting the white on the sideline.

And the third was just mentally lazy, throw the ball up and see what happens. Immature.

I believe I saw he was 1-14 with three interceptions against pressure yesterday. He had that one nice play to Conklin early when pressured and then went off a cliff.

How does that get better? I was among those saying it needed to get fixed before the game. You can’t be that bad against pressure and succeed in the NFL as a quarterback.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

If you want to nitpick stats, I pefer to use my eyes...

Worst TD% is affected because TD's like the 80 yd pass to Hall where he made it to the 1 yd line would have been a TD, instead they ran the ball in. 

There was another play on a long pass where Hall made it to the 1 yd line, and they ran it in for the score. So that was another TD pass that didn't go to Zach but went as a rushing TD.

The offense as a whole has been pretty good, and the QB play has also been pretty good.

But you ago ahead and nitpick on stats that don't tell the whole story!

My eyes saw him absolutely suck yesterday 

4 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Nothing about that game yesterday about "ghosts" and what we saw with Darnold a few years ago was even remotely the same.

Zach looked to be completely in command and hit on all of his reads pretty well. Again, the INT's were the only miscues....

Wow.  Just wow.  The fact that you typed Zach looked completely in command and you're not trolling is impressive.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

The only way we find out IF  he could improve is if he continues playing.

unless he’s injured, he plays

Panic is setting in and I don’t understand why. 

Because it's becoming clear that this is a playoff caliber team everywhere except QB. The clock is ticking.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The stat line isn't the reason (majority) of us have had it.

Those INTs weren't even well designed defensive robber scheme picks. They were the result of someone being completely reckless and playing hero ball. I'm sorry that's not a team player or a smart one.

We'e freaking out because the least bit of heat in the pocket yesterday (his pocket presence has been better this year) caused him to run around like a chicken without his head.

There were simple check downs to be had, and small yardage gains to be had instead of huge chunks losses from a sack or these insane INTs that a child would make during street ball.

He has the talent...not sure the brains or mental make up.

His comments after the game are locker room - losing and show someone who isn't ready to lead a team yet.

It's all alarming to be honest. The Denver game, I wasn't so hard on him but a decent QB would have found the 4-5 times that game where a WR was open for a first down + and that close 7 point win would have been a 20 point walk in the park for our team.

I don't think you quit on him yet...but you certainly don't quit on the season if he keeps playing this way...meaning you have to bench him if this continues.

How did Trevor Lawrence look against that same Denver team yesterday?

2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Because it's becoming clear that this is a playoff caliber team everywhere except QB. The clock is ticking.

The team is further ahead because of all of the young talent. 

The QB is still a second year player who has played 18 gams and is still developing. 

The clock doesn't change for any player.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Big Zach guy, but yesterday was his 'ghosts' game and I'm not sure he recovers. 

His second pick was one of the worst throws you will ever see and it finshed the game as a contest. The third pick was just pure frustration.

He's now given Saleh the license to go all-conservative again. But we're playing Josh Allen, instead of Skylar Thompson and Brett Rypien. And we can't run the football anymore. 

Things will get worse before they get better. 

What made Zach's game a negative for me were the amount of total missed on short passes. The INTs were strange in the fact that they were throw aways that didnt get thown far enough away. I'd be more concerned if it were to a wide open defender with no Wr in sight.  For this reason I would not catagorize the INTs as Zach seeing ghosts ( throwing for 355 with 2 TDs counts for something)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Zach Wilson is a 2nd year QB, still developing, still learning, and is right where he needs to be.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders. This fan base is an embarrassment, and many of you should be ashamed.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance.

Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

He moved the ball, made great throws, the first TD to Conklin was an amazing throw. Our running game was not running on all cylinders just yet with JRob playing in his first game on a limited pitch count because he's had 3 days of practice in our system.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience.

You actually copied and pasted the same post from a different thread and started a new one based on this? Are you an attention where or something? 

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I agree it is completely bizarre

This was Wilson’s best game 

one int was a good read where he overthrew a 2 yard pass 

another int was him throwing a ball away not enough out of bounds 

the third one was dumb, but it was him trying to make something happen on third and long down two scores

Extremely easily correctable stuff, from a guy who proved the last nine games that he doesn’t turn the ball over 

Darnold used up this fanbases patience to develop a qb, it’s like they consider it all one single development lol 

If this is what Wilson was like on his best day, I can't  imagine what a bad one is like. Does he throw a pick on every drive?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

If this is what Wilson was like on his best day, I can't  imagine what a bad one is like. Does he throw a pick on every drive?

After Darnold split, I thought we were done with QBs who throw multiple, dumb picks against the Pats.   Guess not.   Also, now I see why LaFleur had Zach limited to handing off and five/ten yard outs.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

After Darnold split, I thought we were done with QBs who throw multiple, dumb picks against the Pats.   Guess not.   Also, now I see why LaFleur had Zach limited to handing off and five/ten yard outs.

He was definitely  getting the Baker treatment. Cleveland had him doing the same thing. Jist keep giving the ball to Chubb and Hunt. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

How did Trevor Lawrence look against that same Denver team yesterday?

I don't think that he has proven to be the guy either. My point was if Zack Wilson was where we want him to be, he would have made a few gimme throws last week and the outcome would have been quite different.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

he sucks -I dont need time to know he sucks-the problem is there is a VERY limited amount of options that would be better-losing our stud rb was brutal as now the offense has to run through wilson and he sucks

He may turn out to suck, but people were saying the same thing about Geno - these QBs are very immature and will have up and down stretches. So, you may indeed be right, but it is a bit early to know for sure. Also, any hope of this team going to the players most likely requires ZW to turn it around as the money/draft capital necessary to replace ZW may prevent the Jets from getting better in some areas. We also are propping up the team with expensive vets which should be replaced with cheaper draft picks that we will have to give up to replace him. 

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

He may turn out to suck, but people were saying the same thing about Geno - these QBs are very immature and will have up and down stretches. So, you may indeed be right, but it is a bit early to know for sure. Also, any hope of this team going to the players most likely requires ZW to turn it around as the money/draft capital necessary to replace ZW may prevent the Jets from getting better in some areas. We also are propping up the team with expensive vets which should be replaced with cheaper draft picks that we will have to give up to replace him. 

I said yesterday that like with Geno all we need to do is wait seven to ten years until Zach gets good.

• Haha 4

You can't coach the stupid out of anyone. Zach is stupid.

I've seen everything I need to see. He misses open throws routinely and has happy feet. That never goes away.

He flat out stinks. When guys like Burrow and Allen were playing the same number of games, there were mistakes, but there were also moments where you see the stardom potential. With Zach, all I see is junk. There is nothing about his game that can make anyone think he will ever play on the level of Joe Burrow or Josh Allen.

• Upvote 4