Zach Wilson is just fine, he's right where he should be, this fanbase has lost their minds!

JetsRay

This kid will never settle down until he can rely on his protection as he is jumpy and nervous and resorts to bailing on the pocket. No excuses, but consistent solid o-line play may help settle this kid down. I give him the Rest of the season if not we go from there.

I think he has a problem with the locker room personally, he just doesn’t seem to have the personality that fits with his teammates. Look at last week, Tomlinson literally didn’t move his body and let a rusher run right at Wilson. It was like he was sending a message. 

Wilson is the type of QB that would do well in a small market as the pressure gets to him especially here in NY, where they are willing to sacrifice any QB before his second year. The only way this team wins is with a respected Vet at QB. It would take a special rookie to first be able to handle the Jackass NY media, press, impatient fans and being the face of the laughing stock of the NFL. Then try to make that team seem relevant, good luck rookies.

NYJ franchise, media and fanbase:

Rookie QB’s

image.gif.0465e463ec9563458032ede278517251.gif

After watching yesterday's game and thinking that Zach is on track and will be ok I just don't know what to say except WTF. These same things were said about Darnold and we know how that turned out. Wilson is the same exact player that he was last year. He is inaccurate, can't read the field, and is just abysmal under pressure. He doesn't have to run back 20 yards behind the LOS every time he feel pressure. Take away the 3 horrible INT's and he still is very inaccurate and sailing passes over open receivers heads. He was exposed yesterday and will be again on Sunday. It's just a matter of time before he is benched. He is just not an NFL QB. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

Joe burrow threw 14 picks and had 4 games with 2 or more INTs. This was a very Joe burrow game by Wilson. 

You mean Joe Burrow the 68% completion percentage guy?  The almost 3:1 TD to INT ratio Joe Burrow.  The who took his team to the super bowl?   I think Burrow gets a little more leeway with his interceptions than Zach I've shown absolutely nothing in my career Wilson.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

You mean Joe Burrow the 68% completion percentage guy?  The almost 3:1 TD to INT ratio Joe Burrow.  The who took his team to the super bowl?   I think Burrow gets a little more leeway with his interceptions than Zach I've shown absolutely nothing in my career Wilson.  

My point is simply that crucifying Wilson for throwing picks while also passing for 355 is short sighted. The picks were incredibly correctable, he has proven to be able to protect the ball over the last 9 games. You should be encouraged by his ability to actually make plays and move the football. 

• More Ugh 1

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

And how is that fair to the rest of the team? It'd likely be one thing if the playoffs wasn't a realistic option and their record was bad, but that ain't the case. 

I’m not going to defend Wilson to you, I think he’s a lost cause, but what I think doesn’t really matter here. 
The Jets took this kid with the second overall pick in the draft. When you do that, you are going to have to show patience and try to develop that pick. The fact that the team around him is playing a lot better than expected makes things more complicated, but it doesn’t change those things.

It’s way too soon to dump him. Let’s be honest here, it would be one thing if we had a Minshew or Trubisky on the roster, but we don’t. I like to joke about Mike White and Streveler as much as anyone, but I’m not ready yet to dump Wilson for either of them… Yet.
Doing that is saying you’re walking away from Wilson after 18 games, and I think that’s being irrational.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Umm - there's two just in our division - Josh Allen and Tua .

Look at the stats my man. You either haven’t or you’re being intellectually dishonest. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TagoTu00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsZa00.htm

• Upvote 1

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

My point is simply that crucifying Wilson for throwing picks while also passing for 355 is short sighted. The picks were incredibly correctable, he has proven to be able to protect the ball over the last 9 games. You should be encouraged by his ability to actually make plays and move the football. 

They are incredibly correctable yet still hasn't been corrected.  It's not like he wasn't doing this last year.  Why hasn't it been corrected?  

I'm not encouraged by his one game throwing for 355 and it was still terrible.  I am impressed that he threw for 355 while completing less than 50% of his passes.  That takes skill.  I'm not sure if it's a good skill however.  

8 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Somehow he threw for 355 and 2 TDs vs bellichick not seeing the field.

Along with 3 INTs and a sub-50% completion rate with 0 drops by his pass catchers

Put him in Canton next to Mike White, whose jersey is literally already there 

Why stop at Burrow

Zach Wilson is also Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, and Josh Allen all in one

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Burrow was so far ahead of Wilson, it’s laughable. He’s not seeing the fields, it’s much bigger deeper issue that being over confident like Burrow was

Posters on this board are comparing Burrow and Wilson at similar stages in their careers in order to make themselves feel better about Wilson are astoundingly delusional.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Stats tell only part of the story both Tua and Allen were being run out of town by their fanbases , Those teams brought quality pieces and coaches in to fortify the process ( Buf - Diggs, Daboll, Joe Brady   Mia - Hill , Waddle , McDaniel ) , Jets have started the process ( Lafleur, Garret Wilson, Hall) . Let's fortify the Oline and see where this goes. 

Some people are pretending this is just an issue of cleaning up a few bad throws rather then a QB who has horrendous pocket presence, poor footwork, terrible accuracy, and missing wide open receivers....this is the difference between people who could see problems before yesterday and those who thought Zach was playing well during the winning streak. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I'm not encouraged by his one game throwing for 355 and it was still terrible.  I am impressed that he threw for 355 while completing less than 50% of his passes.  That takes skill.  

I just can't put my finger on it.

Why does the running game stink.

13 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

They are incredibly correctable yet still hasn't been corrected.  It's not like he wasn't doing this last year.  Why hasn't it been corrected?  

I'm not encouraged by his one game throwing for 355 and it was still terrible.  I am impressed that he threw for 355 while completing less than 50% of his passes.  That takes skill.  I'm not sure if it's a good skill however.  

Look at stats for most QB's that throw for 350+ , you'll find its either a case where they were down big and passed the ball like 50 times  or part of that yardage was due to large chunk plays as was the case yesterday with the Mims and GW big plays. 

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Zach is fine.  As long as his first read is open and he gets the ball out quickly, between the numbers. 

Anytime he needs to go through progressions or hang in the pocket, or exrend a play it is a disaster.  He has shown tremendous ability to escape pressure, but unlike elite guys like Mahomes, Burrow and Allen, he very rarely makes plays after escaping.  

I would be less concerned if this was his rookie year, but there has been 0 improvement over 18 games.  He still looks like the same guy that he was week 1 against Carolina last year.  The stats. the eye test.  They all tell me he has not gotten any better.

This post should end the thread in my opinion.

simply spot on

Zach has not earned the right to be the unquestioned starter for the remainder of the year.  His play is too poor and inconsistent.  I'm ok with patience, if patience means Zach watching from the bench again, if current level of play continues over the next game or two.

Zach's "one bad" game is actually a pattern of poor play... and he is persistently making the same mistakes.  One example - he threw an interception in the Pittsburgh game that wasn't challenged even though the defender got two feet down.  Fast forward to this week and he throws an interception while throwing the ball out of bounds. 

Same mistakes week after week, and now his public comments indicate that he's not figuring out how to handle pressure...

Zach Wilson - "It gets old getting out and not seeing anything there."  Unfortunately, this can be viewed as an indictment since there are plays to be made.  He can't handle pressure - period.

19 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Zach does not stand in the pocket and throw the ball and take a hit as needed. He never runs forward to move the chains when needed. Joe Burrow does all of this and never runs backwards with a worse OL. He is running around like Russell Wilson without the ability to look down field and find receivers.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

After watching yesterday's game and thinking that Zach is on track and will be ok I just don't know what to say except WTF. These same things were said about Darnold and we know how that turned out. Wilson is the same exact player that he was last year. He is inaccurate, can't read the field, and is just abysmal under pressure. He doesn't have to run back 20 yards behind the LOS every time he feel pressure. Take away the 3 horrible INT's and he still is very inaccurate and sailing passes over open receivers heads. He was exposed yesterday and will be again on Sunday. It's just a matter of time before he is benched. He is just not an NFL QB. 

Darnold never threw for 350 yds, and the games were always blowouts.

If not for a stupid penalty on JFM which by all accounts was a BS penalty that should have never been called, the Jets are up 17-3 at half time and we probably win this game.

Those events changed the dynamic of the game.

The Darnold Jets were an embarrassment, this was Zach's second game against Belichick.

There is no comparison!