Zach Wilson is just fine, he's right where he should be, this fanbase has lost their minds!

JetsRay

1 minute ago, JetsRay said:

I'm already 20 steps ahead of you.

Actually, this poster brought up Darnold, I was responding to him, then you chimed in, and still failed.

Listen, anyone who starts a thread that says Zach is fine and is where he is supposed to be after yesterday's game is about 20 steps behind a toddler. I mean do you have any idea what a joke this thread is? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, KRL said:

No Wilson isn't fine and one statement he made after the game really disturbs me.
Paraphrasing, he said "It's frustrating to see nothing open and just throw the
ball out of bounds".  That shows me his mentality is all screwed up for the
following reasons:

1. How can you be frustrated when you don't put the ball/team in a bad position
and live for another down?

2. Why do you think the only option is to throw the ball out of bounds?  You have
excellent escapability and good speed, RUN THE BALL and pick up a few yards!!!
I said before the NE game Wilson needed to run for 40+ yards what did he get,
TWO yards.  CHI/Fields showed the way to exploit NE defense and Wilson did nothing
with it.

I'm specualting here, but is Wilson so wrapped up in making "sexy ESPN highlight
plays" that he won't do the boring stuff that wins games???

Other Random Thoughts

- This game never was "out of hand" why did LaFleur only run the ball 15 times???

- The win streak displayed an identity we were developing:
  * Run the ball
  * Don't turn it over
  * Play excellent special teams
  * Big time defense

The Jets failed miserably yesterday in the first three elements.  Don't be stupid
and deviate from the formula!!! 

No one wants to say it but Zach Wilson, by his statements right now, that you highlighted..... IS SELFISH!!!

And that is unacceptable!!

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Listen, anyone who starts a thread that says Zach is fine and is where he is supposed to be after yesterday's game is about 20 steps behind a toddler. I mean do you have any idea what a joke this thread is? 

The joke is on you and the cast of characters with their knee jerk reaction and commentary on the game and writing off Zach after 1 bad game in his 5th game back.

The OP in this thread didn't say Zach is perfect in every way, it is a thread to bring logic and reality to an insanely naive and impatient fan base.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No one wants to say it but Zach Wilson, by his statements right now, that you highlighted..... IS SELFISH!!!

That isn't how I interpreted that quote, to me, Zach is saying he's looking to make a play and is not giving up on it.

All of his INT's were on 3rd down where he was trying to make a play to extend the drive.

5 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

The joke is on you and the cast of characters with their knee jerk reaction and commentary on the game and writing off Zach after 1 bad game in his 5th game back.

The OP in this thread didn't say Zach is perfect in every way, it is a thread to bring logic and reality to an insanely naive and impatient fan base.

It’s not one bad game. All of his games have been bad to somewhat bad. He has yet to have a standout game with the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetsRay said:

That isn't how I interpreted that quote, to me, Zach is saying he's looking to make a play and is not giving up on it.

All of his INT's were on 3rd down where he was trying to make a play to extend the drive.

Ummmm Ray good to see you posting and still having the energy to respond to all of the vitriol you KNEW was coming when you made the OP! :) 

My question to you is when the field opened up on quite a few of those 3rd downplays you mentioned instead of Zach throwing up a prayer why not scrabble for the 5 yards and pick up the first down? 

Nothing there, but space and he refuses to take what the DEFENSE IS GIVING HIM!!

Do I want Zach banished and to never play for the Jets again????????? NO!!!!!

That would be silly!

But I do want the young man to exercise better judgment when he is the starting QB for the New York Jets and so should you!!

• Upvote 1

Yep, 18 games. There have been plenty of qbs who struggled during their first seasons worth of games. Plenty that flip a switch too. Not sure I’m sold on Wilson being the guy but I do know that there hasn’t been enough time / games to give him his grade yet. Gotta wait this one out and see. We have a nice core here and for the most part, the team has gotten significantly better over the last 2-3 seasons. I’m going to get frustrated watching the kid struggle as many others will be but I know that what we’re seeing now may not be what we see next season. He was taken high for a reason, gotta let the kid have a chance to learn sports hardest position. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

One bad game? You're kidding right. The Jets have won inspite of Zachs play. In his 4 wins he has thrown 1 TD, has averaged 173 yards a game and has a completion percentage  below 55% and a QBR of 47. If you add in his QBR from Sunday, it drops to 41. This is not winning QB play in the NFL. Breece Hall is why we won, not Zach. Zach is a freaking roadblock to winning. 

• Upvote 2

Zach Wilson post game comments 10/30/22
“Every time I get out of the pocket, it just gets frustrating to throw the ball away,” Wilson said, “and that’s what I’ve done the last four weeks to put us in a good position to not turn the ball over and for us to win, and so I need to just be able to keep doing that when something’s not there. It gets old getting out and not seeing anything there.

This was posted on another site and I think is spot on.... 

His issues with interceptions don’t have to do with him being the hero. It’s not an ego driven thing. His problem, as I’ve been saying all along and called every name in the book for, is he has no idea how to read the defense. None. He doesn’t understand what the defense is doing, and he doesn’t understand how to exploit it because frankly I don’t think he really understands what our own offensive plays are designed to do in the first place. He doesn’t see the matchup advantages pre-snap, and he sure as sh*t doesn’t see them once the ball is snapped. He has limited football intelligence so he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off praying he finds someone open on a broken play. Catching up to the speed of the game means you have a good understanding of the game and strategies, but just have a hard time at real speed. I don’t think Zach has an understanding at all.

You know what, this makes perfect sense to me. As for his comment, that is an indicment of his imaturity and ego saying I am better then they think I am and do not need to conform to their scheme. Sad, because unless he has an epiphany about his himself, his role, his limitations, he will NOT get better and the team will suffer.

33 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think it was a planed indirect shot at Moore.  Moore is crying about touches and is dogging it when Zach is trying to make a play when the OL breaks down.

Nobody is Moore in a nutshell.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Welcome to the party.  Some of us have been screaming about Zach's stubborn inability to just step up into the pocket since last season.  His first inclination is to scramble right even under moderate, or nonexistent, pressure.  Maybe someone in the press corps who monitor our threads will ask him.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

download.png

download.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Do you really think he had a bad game yesterday or just a few bad plays?  I was freaking pumped the way he was playing until the first pick.  

I know the refs are the refs especially in a Patriot game, but Barrios and Wilson were mugged on third down plays where it looked like bad passes, but the were on the money fi the guys didn't et held.    

Call me crazy, but that was his best game (second best performance after the 4th quarter in Pittsburgh). 

I thought he was legitimately good until the first pick; however, afterwards he was as bad as I've ever seen him. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, KRL said:

2. Why do you think the only option is to throw the ball out of bounds?  You have
excellent escapability and good speed, RUN THE BALL and pick up a few yards!!!

I said before the NE game Wilson needed to run for 40+ yards what did he get,
TWO yards.  CHI/Fields showed the way to exploit NE defense and Wilson did nothing
with it.

I

nania.jpg

• Upvote 1

I am certain the coaches have covered Zach’s flaws with him, and are working to clean it up.

A few barriers mentioned might be:

Fear of getting hit

Over confidence in his play style and super powers (Ego)

Stubborness (not coachable)

Intellect (brain can’t process quickly)

It turns out, one or all of the above are possible since Zach has not made the “easy” adjustments and is playing the same way.  Perhaps a loss forced Zach to address the barriers that are preventing him from being a successful QB in the league.

• Upvote 1