Jets have interest in Bradley Chubb

59 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I guess this is off topic for the thread, but reading his article, can anyone explain to me what this means?  Is he missing some words or did he use the wrong words here, or am I just not getting it?

The coolest thing about Gardner is that nothing is too big for him (with examples of things that could be too big for other players).

16 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I understand your argument

But Sutton is overrated

I'd rather have Jeudy, somebody who gets separation

I'm not giving up a 1st for anybody on the Broncos

1st round picks are gold

Jeudy is a poor man's Garrett Wilson.  I like him but Sutton gives zach something Garrett and jeudy don't,  size.  

Plus I'm sure the broncos rather trade Sutton who is older and closer to a big contract. 

3 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I’d prefer to keep all of our remaining assets in case we need them for the QB situation we are about to face in the off-season

Exactly!  We had 6 sacks yesterday and Huff forced an interception on a separate play.  The pass rush is not an issue.  We're stacked there and guys like JJ, Huff, and Clemons should only get better.  Plus Lawson as he puts his injury further in the rear mirror.  

In fact, the entire defense looks strong.  We might need to replace Mosley next year with a premium pick unless he agrees to significantly lower his $17M base salary.  This year, they simply took his salary and deferred it.  We will not be doing that next year.  It's unfortunately a salary cut or bye bye.  

We need premium assets (picks & cap space) for QB and possibly OL & WR (given the Moore situation) on top of Mosley.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

In fact, the entire defense looks strong.  We might need to replace Mosley next year with a premium pick unless he agrees to significantly lower his $17M base salary.  This year, they simply took his salary and deferred it.  We will not be doing that next year.  It's unfortunately a salary cut or bye bye.  

Um....No.  He is year probably for two more years.  Too much dead money to cut him.

i'm not getting this interest at the moment.  seems like the only part of the jets team that is consistent is the defense, in particular the front four.  maybe there are some future plans being considered.  they're going to have to pay for qwill and, while jfm can be a force, he's been a little too forceful and is costing them games.

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i agree with the board. we dont need a DL were fine there. if they had any balls they would trade for Minchew and give him the rest of the year to see if he could be the FQB. not a 1st rd pick of course.

He backs up Hurts and the Eagles are in prime position to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Eagles wouldn't be trading Minshew in case Hurts gets hurt.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Dolphins just paid Bradley Chubb 5 years $119m

Has Bradley Chubb ever played a full season of Football?  I feel like he had that great rookie campaign and then he just couldnt find the field.  Seems like a lot of money for an often injured pass rusher who really doesnt get home all that much.  The Dolphins are going all in, which I respect but they're going to be in cap hell very soon. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Has Bradley Chubb ever played a full season of Football?  I feel like he had that great rookie campaign and then he just couldnt find the field.  Seems like a lot of money for an often injured pass rusher who really doesnt get home all that much.  The Dolphins are going all in, which I respect but they're going to be in cap hell very soon. 

Yea I was against this trade for us and against this contract. I rather pay Quinnen and keep our picks.

• Upvote 2