THE CS NEEDS TO LET FLACCO PREPARE WITH THE 1ST TEAM THIS WEEK

THE BARON

Wilson keeps making the same mistakes.  Not once,  Not twice.  Not in one game.  Not in two games. EVERY GAME AND ALL THE TIME.  I don't know what the CS is doing with him, but they are not making it through his thick skull.  He keeps making the same mistakes.

The Jets defense plays good enough and is good enough to play with any offense in the league.  Including... YEP... BEEFALO.  They can hold BEEFALO down from running away with the game IF Zach Wilson is not there to give the game away AGAN.   

I am not suggesting that the Jets future on offense lies in playing smash mouth, but right now, that is their best shot to win games.  Go with Flacco and heavy up on the offensive line and play smash mouth.  Let Flacco air it out once in a while when the defense is lured up in the box.  I don't see Mike White as the better guy for this because he cant throw the long ball like Flacco can.

This is not only the right way to play and win now, but it is the only way to possibly save Zach Wilson's tenure with the Jets.  Wilson now needs to be labeled as a Jets reclamation project.  He needs an adult "time out".  He needs to sit his college ass on the bench and have NFL facts drilled into his head for the rest of the season.  NO MORE starts this year for ZW.  This is the only way to get through his thick college skull.   In practice, he gets one task.  Take the snap and throw the ball inside of 2.5 seconds to his best option or throw it into the Hudson.  If he holds the ball for more than 2,5 seconds, he has to come to the sideline and be nailed with a cattle prod with fill voltage.

This is NO BS.  Don't you ZW fans want to see him work out ??? Don't you want to see the Jets win ???

THIS is what must happen.  ZW is now a reclamation project. 

The Jets can keep ZW and they can win now too.  IF they do what I say.  ZW must sit and learn and he must get 2,5 second therapy until he's fully conditioned. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 8
  • Haha 2

I never was in favor of drafting Zach, and now I'm more convinced that he is not the FQB we had hoped. Flacco, however, is the past. I see no upside to starting him anymore, even though I always did like him. I doubt he would get us to the playoffs, and if not, it does nothing for us. If we start White, at least we see if he is a potential FQB or a career backup. We learn something useful. We learn nothing by starting Flacco.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, viffer said:

I never was in favor of drafting Zach, and now I'm more convinced that he is not the FQB we had hoped. Flacco, however, is the past. I see no upside to starting him anymore, even though I always did like him. I doubt he would get us to the playoffs, and if not, it does nothing for us. If we start White, at least we see if he is a potential FQB or a career backup. We learn something useful. We learn nothing by starting Flacco.

Unless the CS/FO no longer believes in him, it's too early to give up on Zach.  

Imagine what being benched 5 games into his 2nd season (and while 4-1 as a starter, even if he was a passenger for most of it) would do to his confidence?

And, as much as I like Mike White and want to see what he could do in this offense,  it's not like he's a "sure thing".  He's only started like 3 games in his career too.  You don't want to risk potentially bouncing back-and-forth between QBs all season long.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Zach should start vs. Buffalo. No hiding him to sacrificial lamb someone else. 

If he sucks, bench him over the bye week and give White the two weeks of #1 reps to prepare (and get the Strev Wildcat plays ready).

But I don’t think JD/Saleh Will bench Zach, no matter how bad he plays, so it’s a moot point IMO.

This, unfortunately. It's tough to be a Jets fan...

30 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Wilson keeps making the same mistakes.  Not once,  Not twice.  Not in one game.  Not in two games. EVERY GAME AND ALL THE TIME.  I don't know what the CS is doing with him, but they are not making it through his thick skull.  He keeps making the same mistakes.

The Jets defense plays good enough and is good enough to play with any offense in the league.  Including... YEP... BEEFALO.  They can hold BEEFALO down from running away with the game IF Zach Wilson is not there to give the game away AGAN.   

I am not suggesting that the Jets future on offense lies in playing smash mouth, but right now, that is their best shot to win games.  Go with Flacco and heavy up on the offensive line and play smash mouth.  Let Flacco air it out once in a while when the defense is lured up in the box.  I don't see Mike White as the better guy for this because he cant throw the long ball like Flacco can.

This is not only the right way to play and win now, but it is the only way to possible save Zach Wilson's tenure with the Jets.  Wilson now needs to be labeled as a Jets reclamation project.  He needs an adult "time out".  He needs to sit his college ass on the bench and have NFL facts drilled into his head for the rest of the season.  NO MORE starts this year for ZW.  This is the only way to get through his thick college skull.   In practice, he gets one task.  Take the snap and throw the ball inside of 2.5 seconds to his best option or throw it into the Hudson.  If he holds the ball for more than 2,5 seconds, he has to come to the sideline and be nailed with a cattle prod with fill voltage.

This is NO BS.  Don't you ZW fans want to see him work out ??? Don't you want to see the Jets win ???

THIS is what must happen.  ZW is now a reclamation project. 

The Jets can keep ZW and they can win now too.  IF they do what I say.  ZW must sit and learn and he must get 2,5 second therapy until he's fully conditioned. 

This post and idea make no sense after the injuries to the OL and RB positions. The Jets lost their two best players - and MVP candidates -last week in AVT and Hall.  Add in the injuries to 4 OL starters - AVT, Fant, Mitchell, Becton.  Now you want to put an ancient statue at QB and try smash mouth football?  Umm - No.  Flacco would have been sacked 10 times yesterday.  The Jets couldn't run at all yesterday after steamrolling teams the last 3-4 weeks.  It would have been a disaster.

This also makes no sense for the future of this team.  Wilson was bad yesterday and other than some flashes against Pittsburgh and Miami, has continued to struggle.  He still needs more starts to fully evaluate him. Flacco, however, adds nothing. The Jets need to do everything with an eye to the future. This is a young team.  The window is not closing.  It is just opening.  Flacco is the worst option for a young team.  He is done.  That is why White was elevated to back up.  If Wilson does not improve, turning to White makes far more sense than Flacco.  

Lastly, players don't learn by "watching."  They learn by playing.  A QB sits for - maybe - one season to learn. That ship has sailed.  Wilson needs to work things out in real time on the field in games, not in practice in shorts and shells.  This is not 1980 or 1990.  With the rookie pay scales, salary cap, and limited padded practices, the days of young players sitting and learning by watching are over.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Flacco will get killed back there. I am surprised he took the beatings he took earlier in the year; now without AVT, Max, and Breece. Besides, its ZW or bust this year. Time for ZW to grow up or be tossed aside.

This is not about Flacco.  It is about Wilson.  Flacco at least can understand and follow a game plan of "dont lose the game for us".  If LeFleur tells him to hand the ball off all day long and take your shot when it is there, Flacco will do it.  

The key is that ZW will be sitting and learning 2.5 seconds or bust. 

If you dont want Flacco, fine... Go with White or bring in someone else via trade.

The important thing is that ZW sits with the understanding that his job is gone and he wont get it back until he learns that he's in the NFL and an NFL QB needs to get the ball out quickly and to one of his guys and not the others.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

No they don't, what the staff needs to do is rip Wilson "another one" for the reckless nonsense he pulled 

yesterday

I think people on this board think that the only conversations happening at One Jets Drive are public and in the media.  I have no doubt that Wilson is being ripped in the QB room.  That is appropriate.  It is not appropriate or productive to rip him in the media.  Behind closed doors.  Melijah Moore should follow this rule as well.  Do you have family arguments in public?  Do you  criticize your children on Facebook? It's not the way to change behavior.  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, viffer said:

Im not resigned to Flacco.  I'm resigned to making Zac sit for the rest of the season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

This is not about Flacco.  It is about Wilson.  Flacco at least can understand and follow a game plan of "dont lose the game for us".  If LeFleur tells him to hand the ball off all day long and take your shot when it is there, Flacco will do it.  

The key is that ZW will be sitting and learning 2.5 seconds or bust. 

If you dont want Flacco, fine... Go with White or bring in someone else via trade.

The important thing is that ZW sits with the understanding that his job is gone and he wont get it back until he learns that he's in the NFL and an NFL QB needs to get the ball out quickly and to one of his guys and not the others.  

Wilson, and every other young QB knows that his job will be gone if he doesn't grow and develop.  The NFL is riddled with young QBs that never made it despite their draft status and opportunities.  He, like Moore, is playing for his future ( the big 2nd contract).  You don't think he sees what happened to his predecessor (Darnold)?  Or Mayfield?  Or 50 more examples?  The issue is not that he was handed the job or is still the starter.  The issue is he has to improve.  If no, he sits.  And when he sits, it's over for him.  He knows that. Every NFL player knows that.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I think people on this board think that the only conversations happening at One Jets Drive are public and in the media.  I have no doubt that Wilson is being ripped in the QB room.  That is appropriate.  It is not appropriate or productive to rip him in the media.  Behind closed doors.  Melijah Moore should follow this rule as well.  Do you have family arguments in public?  Do you  criticize your children on Facebook? It's not the way to change behavior.  

Agreed, my biggest concern is whether this staff has the mentality to do the ripping.  Considering

most of them are in their 30's & 40's do they want to be "friends" with the players or can they go

old school and rip them

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Agreed, my biggest concern is whether this staff has the mentality to do the ripping.  Considering

most of them are in their 30's & 40's do they want to be "friends" with the players or can they go

old school and rip them

I honestly don't think they are. Things didn't change for the defense until Quinnen ripped THEM. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This post and idea make no sense

Let's see if the CS agrees with you.  It is long past the time for the CS to have benched ZW.  I'm beginning to thing that their skulls are as thick as Wilsons.

Is is painfully obvious that he is not ready for the NFL.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Wilson, and every other young QB knows that his job will be gone if he doesn't grow and develop.  The NFL is riddled with young QBs that never made it despite their draft status and opportunities.  He, like Moore, is playing for his future ( the big 2nd contract).  You don't think he sees what happened to his predecessor (Darnold)?  Or Mayfield?  Or 50 more examples?  The issue is not that he was handed the job or is still the starter.  The issue is he has to improve.  If no, he sits.  And when he sits, it's over for him.  He knows that. Every NFL player knows that.  

long past the time to make him sit.  Dear lord, how dense can people be.  

59 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

After essentially demoting him to player/coach and Saleh announcing just yesterday that the team likes Mike White and want to see what the young man can be-I guess you missed that one Baron

Get this through your head.   Flacco is not the compelling part of my post.  Any warm body that can hand the ball off and not throw unforced interceptions like candy can be inserted into my OP.

ZW needs to sit and learn.  

You dont like Flacco and smash mouth.  Fine.  Go with White and dink and dunk.

Either way, Wilson goes to NFL school on the bench and not on the filed game time.

We dont need to wait to see what Wilson is.

WE KNOW what he is. 

Heck sake... 

• Upvote 2