THE CS NEEDS TO LET FLACCO PREPARE WITH THE 1ST TEAM THIS WEEK

THE BARON

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Unless the CS/FO no longer believes in him, it's too early to give up on Zach.  

If a bowling ball landed on your exposed toe, you'd know it.

How can anyone not see that Wilson needs to be removed from the starting line up ??? 

We already know what he is.  No more time is needed.

You want to give away the BEEFALO game too ???

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

The coaches are not benching their second round pick who is 4-1 for his backup who went 1-2. Zach didn't look great last week but this is beyond overreacting. 

Even though ZW was JD's pick, sooner than later, they have to concede to what their eyes have been seeing.

It is destructive of ZW's career to keep him in the starting line-up at this juncture.  He may never learn, but he has a chance to if their is intervention now.  Not later.  Now.

What is the point in letting him get wrecked further vs. BEEFALO ???

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Do some here not even keep up with the updates? 

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Mike White is the new QB2, per Saleh. He has passed Joe Flacco permanently. An odd switch because of the timing.

Yeah baby. They're preparing to make the change.

r931215_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’ve got a funny feeling that the changes to the QB roster is a sign that Flacco will be traded.

Either that, or he has indicated that he will retire in the offseason, so the Jets are going to take a closer look at White for the rest of the year.

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If a bowling ball landed on your exposed toe, you'd know it.

How can anyone not see that Wilson needs to be removed from the starting line up ??? 

We already know what he is.  No more time is needed.

You want to give away the BEEFALO game too ???

Would said bowling ball have butcher knives attached to it?

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Would said bowling ball have butcher knives attached to it?

LOLZ.  I actually believe the Jets can beat BEEFALO with a QB that does not give the ball away and takes what the defense gives.   The Jets defense is ideal for the type passing offense that BEEFALO fields.  Josh is their defacto running game.  With LB's as fast as the Jets have, they can react and contain him to modest yardage. 

56 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Lastly, players don't learn by "watching."  They learn by playing.  A QB sits for - maybe - one season to learn. That ship has sailed.  Wilson needs to work things out in real time on the field in games, not in practice in shorts and shells.  This is not 1980 or 1990.  With the rookie pay scales, salary cap, and limited padded practices, the days of young players sitting and learning by watching are over.  

Tell that to Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Farve for 3 years, and he turned out OK.

26 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Get this through your head.   Flacco is not the compelling part of my post.  Any warm body that can hand the ball off and not throw unforced interceptions like candy can be inserted into my OP.

ZW needs to sit and learn.  

You dont like Flacco and smash mouth.  Fine.  Go with White and dink and dunk.

Either way, Wilson goes to NFL school on the bench and not on the filed game time.

We dont need to wait to see what Wilson is.

WE KNOW what he is. 

Heck sake... 

Your post was about Flacco.  Good pivot, but the entire theme of this thread that you created was to start Flacco.  

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Your post was about Flacco.  Good pivot, but the entire theme of this thread that you created was to start Flacco.  

You are 50 % right.  I did specify Flacco, but if you read the entire post, you can glean from it that ZW is the compelling factor.

I'm not  all in on Flacco.  I know he's past his best.  But he may be the best option.  

You want White ??? OK.

Any decent option other than Wilson.

I figured Flacco over White due to arm strength and most certainly experience.

He can take direction at least.

Mike White is another very untested QB.  If you want safety and security, Flacco appears to be the better option if your strategy on offense is to play a game where you avoid beating yourself.

35 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

The coaches are not benching their second round pick who is 4-1 for his backup who went 1-2. Zach didn't look great last week but this is beyond overreacting. 

He didn't look good the last 3 weeks in a row. If not for Hall, we probably would have lost all 3. Throwing for 100 yards a game does not "look great" for an NFL quarterback.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

We already know what he is.  it is painfully obvious. 

Not really.  Daniel Jones has sucked for 4 years and has gotten better under Daboll.  Geno has sucked for a decade and is now playing at a Top 10 level. Not every one of these guys comes out of the box ready to win a Super Bowl...

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Wilson keeps making the same mistakes.  Not once,  Not twice.  Not in one game.  Not in two games. EVERY GAME AND ALL THE TIME.  I don't know what the CS is doing with him, but they are not making it through his thick skull.  He keeps making the same mistakes.

The Jets defense plays good enough and is good enough to play with any offense in the league.  Including... YEP... BEEFALO.  They can hold BEEFALO down from running away with the game IF Zach Wilson is not there to give the game away AGAN.   

I am not suggesting that the Jets future on offense lies in playing smash mouth, but right now, that is their best shot to win games.  Go with Flacco and heavy up on the offensive line and play smash mouth.  Let Flacco air it out once in a while when the defense is lured up in the box.  I don't see Mike White as the better guy for this because he cant throw the long ball like Flacco can.

This is not only the right way to play and win now, but it is the only way to possibly save Zach Wilson's tenure with the Jets.  Wilson now needs to be labeled as a Jets reclamation project.  He needs an adult "time out".  He needs to sit his college ass on the bench and have NFL facts drilled into his head for the rest of the season.  NO MORE starts this year for ZW.  This is the only way to get through his thick college skull.   In practice, he gets one task.  Take the snap and throw the ball inside of 2.5 seconds to his best option or throw it into the Hudson.  If he holds the ball for more than 2,5 seconds, he has to come to the sideline and be nailed with a cattle prod with fill voltage.

This is NO BS.  Don't you ZW fans want to see him work out ??? Don't you want to see the Jets win ???

THIS is what must happen.  ZW is now a reclamation project. 

The Jets can keep ZW and they can win now too.  IF they do what I say.  ZW must sit and learn and he must get 2,5 second therapy until he's fully conditioned. 

Flacco might be the one QB I want to watch less than Zach.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Zach should start vs. Buffalo. No hiding him to sacrificial lamb someone else. 

If he sucks, bench him over the bye week and give White the two weeks of #1 reps to prepare (and get the Strev Wildcat plays ready).

But I don’t think JD/Saleh Will bench Zach, no matter how bad he plays, so it’s a moot point IMO.

I think they said he was the starter all season. 

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Wilson keeps making the same mistakes.  Not once,  Not twice.  Not in one game.  Not in two games. EVERY GAME AND ALL THE TIME.  I don't know what the CS is doing with him, but they are not making it through his thick skull.  He keeps making the same mistakes.

The Jets defense plays good enough and is good enough to play with any offense in the league.  Including... YEP... BEEFALO.  They can hold BEEFALO down from running away with the game IF Zach Wilson is not there to give the game away AGAN.   

I am not suggesting that the Jets future on offense lies in playing smash mouth, but right now, that is their best shot to win games.  Go with Flacco and heavy up on the offensive line and play smash mouth.  Let Flacco air it out once in a while when the defense is lured up in the box.  I don't see Mike White as the better guy for this because he cant throw the long ball like Flacco can.

This is not only the right way to play and win now, but it is the only way to possibly save Zach Wilson's tenure with the Jets.  Wilson now needs to be labeled as a Jets reclamation project.  He needs an adult "time out".  He needs to sit his college ass on the bench and have NFL facts drilled into his head for the rest of the season.  NO MORE starts this year for ZW.  This is the only way to get through his thick college skull.   In practice, he gets one task.  Take the snap and throw the ball inside of 2.5 seconds to his best option or throw it into the Hudson.  If he holds the ball for more than 2,5 seconds, he has to come to the sideline and be nailed with a cattle prod with fill voltage.

This is NO BS.  Don't you ZW fans want to see him work out ??? Don't you want to see the Jets win ???

The Jets can keep ZW and they can win now too.  IF they do what I say.  ZW must sit and learn and he must get 2,5 second therapy until he's fully conditioned. 

Quite simply, one of the dumbest takes ever. Flacco was awful and would have lost maybe every game we have played since Zach came back

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

This is not about Flacco.  It is about Wilson.  Flacco at least can understand and follow a game plan of "dont lose the game for us".  If LeFleur tells him to hand the ball off all day long and take your shot when it is there, Flacco will do it.  

The key is that ZW will be sitting and learning 2.5 seconds or bust. 

If you dont want Flacco, fine... Go with White or bring in someone else via trade.

The important thing is that ZW sits with the understanding that his job is gone and he wont get it back until he learns that he's in the NFL and an NFL QB needs to get the ball out quickly and to one of his guys and not the others.  

He has sat before. he is going to get playing time, IMO, until he either gets better or they replace him next year or the year after.

Even though ZW was JD's pick, sooner than later, they have to concede to what their eyes have been seeing.

It is destructive of ZW's career to keep him in the starting line-up at this juncture.  He may never learn, but he has a chance to if their is intervention now.  Not later.  Now.

What is the point in letting him get wrecked further vs. BEEFALO ???

It's fine if that's your opinion, but there is a difference between expressing your knee jerk opinion and pretending like it's fact because you think it.

Get this through your head.   Flacco is not the compelling part of my post.  Any warm body that can hand the ball off and not throw unforced interceptions like candy can be inserted into my OP.

ZW needs to sit and learn.  

You dont like Flacco and smash mouth.  Fine.  Go with White and dink and dunk.

Either way, Wilson goes to NFL school on the bench and not on the filed game time.

We dont need to wait to see what Wilson is.

WE KNOW what he is. 

Heck sake... 

The usual thing that the NFL used to hope to do would be for a young QB to sit behind a veteran and watch, and learn for 3-5 years. Under the Johnson way of doing things. They have drafted 4 first rounders and 3 second rounder QB's then FORCE the HC to start him immediately to very shaky results 14 QB's have been drafted under Johnson and his way hasn't been working

2000 - Chad Pennington #18

2003-Brooks Bollinger #200

2006-Kellen Clemens #49 Brad Smith #103

2008-Erik Ainge  #162

2009-Mark Sanchez #5 overall and anointed starter that lasted 4 seasons

2011-Greg McElroy #208

2013- Geno Smith #39 he lasts 4 seasons 2 as starter

2014 - Tajh Boyd #213

2015-Bryce Petty #103-Busterooney

2016 - Christian Hackenberg #51 -complete bust

2018- Sam Darnold #3 anointed the starter and lasts 3 years this time

2020- James Morgan 4th round QB-gone 

2021 Zach Wilson #2 he's on the verge of losing his starting job after playing a little more than 1 full season of football after another Johnson anointing IT AIN'T WORKING

7 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

It's fine if that's your opinion, but there is a difference between expressing your knee jerk opinion and pretending like it's fact because you think it.

I call it as I see it.  It is far from a knee jerk opinion.  Many of the pundits out there are saying the same thing.

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I like the cattle prod idea.

ZW is sunk cost.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

The usual thing that the NFL used to hope to do would be for a young QB to sit behind a veteran and watch, and learn for 3-5 years. Under the Johnson way of doing things. They have drafted 4 first rounders and 3 second rounder QB's then FORCE the HC to start him immediately to very shaky results 14 QB's have been drafted under Johnson and his way hasn't been working

2000 - Chad Pennington #18

2003-Brooks Bollinger #200

2006-Kellen Clemens #49 Brad Smith #103

2008-Erik Ainge  #162

2009-Mark Sanchez #5 overall and anointed starter that lasted 4 seasons

2011-Greg McElroy #208

2013- Geno Smith #39 he lasts 4 seasons 2 as starter

2014 - Tajh Boyd #213

2015-Bryce Petty #103-Busterooney

2016 - Christian Hackenberg #51 -complete bust

2018- Sam Darnold #3 anointed the starter and lasts 3 years this time

2020- James Morgan 4th round QB-gone 

2021 Zach Wilson #2 he's on the verge of losing his starting job after playing a little more than 1 full season of football after another Johnson anointing IT AIN'T WORKING

The past decade, we have seen a bunch of college QB's come into the NFL and do well right away.  Recently, Joe Burrow and Herbert.  It seems now that everyone is convinced that you can throw any first round QB draft pick out on the field and figure he's going to be good, or learn on the job.   THAT is what has not been working for many teams and their newly drafted QB. It should be clear at this point that guys with a lot of tools like Zach Wilson and even Geno Smith where not prepared to play in NFL games their rookie year.  Unfortunately, the CS, GMs, Owners and fans all have "GO FEVER".

Wilson should not have been the starting QB his rookie year.  He should not be starting now for obvious reasons.

He still has the tools, and now he badly needs the training.

I don't care if the Jets start Flacco, or White or a guy they bring in via trade.  

What I care about is that Wilson cools his heels on the bench until he really learns the position.

How ever the OC and QBC have to do it by what ever methods they use to train.  He has to be conditioned to get the ball out un under 2.5 as a compulsion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Wilson, and every other young QB knows that his job will be gone if he doesn't grow and develop.  The NFL is riddled with young QBs that never made it despite their draft status and opportunities.  He, like Moore, is playing for his future ( the big 2nd contract).  You don't think he sees what happened to his predecessor (Darnold)?  Or Mayfield?  Or 50 more examples?  The issue is not that he was handed the job or is still the starter.  The issue is he has to improve.  If no, he sits.  And when he sits, it's over for him.  He knows that. Every NFL player knows that.  

So it has been a full year and full offseason and he has not improved.  So he should sit, correct?

Doesn't mean his career is over on this team, but he should be on a short leash.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

What "pundit" did you find calling for benching Zach in favor of Flacco after yesterday's game?

More than one commentator on ESPN Radio this morning was suggesting it.  I cant imagine anyone who has watched all of ZWs stars not seriously considering sending him to the bench.  It does not mean his career is over.  It means that it has been painfully obvious that he lacks training for the position as needed in the NFL.  It is obvious that he has physical tools, but they are all up the spout until if and when he leans how to apply himself. 

Remember.  We see the same mistakes over and over and over.  

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The past decade, we have seen a bunch of college QB's come into the NFL and do well right away.  Recently, Joe Burrow and Herbert.  It seems now that everyone is convinced that you can throw any first round QB draft pick out on the field and figure he's going to be good, or learn on the job.   THAT is what has not been working for many teams and their newly drafted QB. It should be clear at this point that guys with a lot of tools like Zach Wilson and even Geno Smith where not prepared to play in NFL games their rookie year.  Unfortunately, the CS, GMs, Owners and fans all have "GO FEVER".

Wilson should not have been the starting QB his rookie year.  He should not be starting now for obvious reasons.

He still has the tools, and now he badly needs the training.

I don't care if the Jets start Flacco, or White or a guy they bring in via trade.  

What I care about is that Wilson cools his heels on the bench until he really learns the position.

How ever the OC and QBC have to do it by what ever methods they use to train.  He has to be conditioned to get the ball out un under 2.5 as a compulsion. 

Perfect post.  Letting Zach continue to play will only bring the rest of the team down.  He has not improved much in a year, nothing says he will magically do a 180 at any point this season.  Let him sit and learn how to quarterback in this league before he destroys himself and this team beyond repair.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Perfect post.  Letting Zach continue to play will only bring the rest of the team down.  He has not improved much in a year, nothing says he will magically do a 180 at any point this season.  Let him sit and learn how to quarterback in this league before he destroys himself and this team beyond repair.

Thank you !  I wish the ZW supporters would understand it is the best thing for him and his career and the Jets investment.  Sit him with public supportive words from the CS.

"We believe that ZW has a tremendous skill set and we know he's going to be a big part of our success in the future.  We are going to ensure that future by better preparing him to use his talents in the years to come". 

• Upvote 1