Eye Popping Wilson stat

kevinc855

Yeah well…….as long as he makes Mama Proud:

Zach Wilson’s mom, Lisa Wilson, ‘so proud’ of Jets QB despite brutal performance

Jaclyn Hendricks

Sunday’s loss to the Patriots is a game Zach Wilson would like to forget, but the quarterback’s nearest and dearest have his back.

Taking to her Instagram Stories on Sunday, Wilson’s mom, Lisa Wilson, gushed over the second-year quarterback, who threw three interceptions in the 22-17 loss against the Jets’ loathed rival.

“So proud of this boy,” Lisa said of her 23-year-old son in one post, which was a re-share from the Wilson Clips Instagram account.

126E3B5E-9787-4E80-B34C-07CBC9A6D42E.thumb.jpeg.d0dced477c0269285f4165451a0c0ab9.jpeg
Jets quarterback Zach Wilson (center) with his parents, Mike and Lisa Wilson, on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022.

CD179517-2FBB-434F-8B1D-EC30787A347B.thumb.jpeg.7ea7d33e6ad383c79ff1e03d08b461f3.jpeg
Instagram/Lisa Wilson

Lisa Wilson gushed over son Zach Wilson in an Instagram Story on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022.

Instagram/Lisa Wilson via Wilson Clips

In a separate post, Lisa — who was in attendance for Sunday’s game — expressed how much it meant to her that so many family members gathered at MetLife Stadium to watch Wilson in action.

“Over 20 family members flew acros [sic] the country to support my son. That’s what matters to me,” Lisa captioned the post.

Wilson, the Jets’ second overall pick in last year’s draft, completed 20 of 41 pass attempts for a career-high of 355 yards and two touchdowns. He was also sacked twice.

B88F6F67-3CC6-4292-8E60-6EBB91BE8D18.thumb.webp.cc8e3c41e5262c282abdeecdbadaa7a3.webp
Jets quarterback Zach Wilson looks to throw during the fourth quarter against the Patriots on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022. Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

71D6B1D2-E66E-4735-8F44-DF7409AE8858.webp.33165b2da639c83e110c34ceff88d10e.webp
Jets quarterback Zach Wilson readies to pass during the second quarter against the Patriots on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022.Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

Head coach Robert Saleh said postgame Sunday that Wilson has “got to play better,” and the team has “got to find ways to help him.”

“This is an organization that feasts on mistakes,” Saleh said in reference to New England. “They just wait for you to implode.”

The Jets, now 5-3, won’t have much time to dwell on this AFC East letdown as they’re set to host another division rival, the surging Bills (6-1), next Sunday afternoon.

• Ugh 4

40 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

To everyone who says all we be ok. Geno, Sanchez and Darnold all statistically better then Zach through 18 games. Yea I have a reason to be concerned

I have to laugh when I see statistics thrown around, because you can pretty much manipulate whatever you want to say depending on what stats you are looking at.

For instance, instead of looking at the stats of each of their first 18 games how about looking at their stats from the last 9 games?  Thinking that a QB gets a pass on their first 9 games, since they are very green, I believe it would be more appropriate to judge them for the second half of those 18 games.

I don't have any idea what those stats would say, but I would bet that Zach looks a hell of a lot better in the last 9 games than he does in his first 9 games.  

And that would be the fallacy of looking at stats.  

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

I have to laugh when I see statistics thrown around, because you can pretty much manipulate whatever you want to say depending on what stats you are looking at.

For instance, instead of looking at the stats of each of their first 18 games how about looking at their stats from the last 9 games?  Thinking that a QB gets a pass on their first 9 games, since they are very green, I believe it would be more appropriate to judge them for the second half of those 18 games.

I don't have any idea what those stats would say, but I would bet that Zach looks a hell of a lot better in the last 9 games than he does in his first 9 games.  

Just think your factually incorrect. The whole defense of Zach not based off "arm talent" has been "look at this quater" here or this moment here. He has yet to put full complete football game together and his overall numbers through 18 games are bad. He would have be a statistical anomaly to overcome what he has produced so far.  

6 minutes ago, Alka said:

He's currently 34th in the league in QB Rating in 2022.  Please stop.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Yeah well…….as long as he makes Mama Proud:

Zach Wilson’s mom, Lisa Wilson, ‘so proud’ of Jets QB despite brutal performance

Jaclyn Hendricks

Sunday’s loss to the Patriots is a game Zach Wilson would like to forget, but the quarterback’s nearest and dearest have his back.

Taking to her Instagram Stories on Sunday, Wilson’s mom, Lisa Wilson, gushed over the second-year quarterback, who threw three interceptions in the 22-17 loss against the Jets’ loathed rival.

“So proud of this boy,” Lisa said of her 23-year-old son in one post, which was a re-share from the Wilson Clips Instagram account.

126E3B5E-9787-4E80-B34C-07CBC9A6D42E.thumb.jpeg.d0dced477c0269285f4165451a0c0ab9.jpeg
Jets quarterback Zach Wilson (center) with his parents, Mike and Lisa Wilson, on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022.

CD179517-2FBB-434F-8B1D-EC30787A347B.thumb.jpeg.7ea7d33e6ad383c79ff1e03d08b461f3.jpeg
Instagram/Lisa Wilson

Lisa Wilson gushed over son Zach Wilson in an Instagram Story on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022.

Instagram/Lisa Wilson via Wilson Clips

In a separate post, Lisa — who was in attendance for Sunday’s game — expressed how much it meant to her that so many family members gathered at MetLife Stadium to watch Wilson in action.

“Over 20 family members flew acros [sic] the country to support my son. That’s what matters to me,” Lisa captioned the post.

Wilson, the Jets’ second overall pick in last year’s draft, completed 20 of 41 pass attempts for a career-high of 355 yards and two touchdowns. He was also sacked twice.

B88F6F67-3CC6-4292-8E60-6EBB91BE8D18.thumb.webp.cc8e3c41e5262c282abdeecdbadaa7a3.webp
Jets quarterback Zach Wilson looks to throw during the fourth quarter against the Patriots on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022. Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

71D6B1D2-E66E-4735-8F44-DF7409AE8858.webp.33165b2da639c83e110c34ceff88d10e.webp
Jets quarterback Zach Wilson readies to pass during the second quarter against the Patriots on Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022.Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

Head coach Robert Saleh said postgame Sunday that Wilson has “got to play better,” and the team has “got to find ways to help him.”

“This is an organization that feasts on mistakes,” Saleh said in reference to New England. “They just wait for you to implode.”

The Jets, now 5-3, won’t have much time to dwell on this AFC East letdown as they’re set to host another division rival, the surging Bills (6-1), next Sunday afternoon.

Why is that an article? Jesus Post, do better.

• Haha 1

#34 ranked passer by QB rating, beating out only Kenny Pickett.

#36 ranked passer by PFF grade, beating out Justin Fields, Mac Jones, and Taylor Heinecke. 

#40 ranked passer under pressure via PFF, which is dead last.

#34 in EPA, ranking one spot ahead of Baker Mayfield

• Upvote 1

Can anyone cherry pick a generally accepted production statistic or metric that shows Zach is good?

Genuinely curious… The clean pocket stat is the only one I’ve seen (although I also suspect that stat has now shown Zach has regressed after Sunday)… And I guess the QB wins…

“Olympic gold” levels of mental gymnastics are required for us to justify poor QB play.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jNYC1 said:

Can anyone cherry pick a generally accepted production statistic or metric that shows Zach is good?

Genuinely curious… The clean pocket stat is the only one I’ve seen (although I also suspect that stat has now shown Zach has regressed after Sunday)… And I guess the QB wins…

“Olympic gold” levels of mental gymnastics are required for us to justify poor QB play.  

This is what I have been asking. The excuse for a while was there was not enough games to evaluate. We are at 18 now (Parcels once said you have a good idea of what you have after 20 starts) and the data is just horrendous on him. I'm afraid we are falling into the "we drafted him at 3 and all the talent" trap we did with Darnold. The difference is we have a win now team compared to a generally bad 2019 Jets. Competent QB play makes us a playoff team at 5-3 with a softer schedule on the back end. Curious to see how this ride or die with Zach mentality plays out. It be a real tough end of year presser for Saleh and JD if its clearly obvious that after a 5-2 start we didn't make the playoffs because they were still evaluating Zach. There is a fan base and 52 other players to think about. 

4 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

The only favorable stat is his percentage of quality cougars slammed

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Alka said:

Wearing you're bone head costume today. Wilson does things I've never seen done before. He doesn't have the competitive mindset, that any athlete needs to succeed on that level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

We did....He still sucks.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

#34 ranked passer by QB rating, beating out only Kenny Pickett.

#36 ranked passer by PFF grade, beating out Justin Fields, Mac Jones, and Taylor Heinecke. 

#40 ranked passer under pressure via PFF, which is dead last.

#34 in EPA, ranking one spot ahead of Baker Mayfield

These don't seem good