Josh Allen’s 20th game

Just now, BallinPB said:

This is what we are resorting to.  Comparing Zach Wilson to Josh Allen.  Let's forget that Josh Allen is 6'5" who also runs like a damn RB.  

He's a house, a powerful savvy runner with an arm that would make Elway envious.  Other than the Bills brass, no one saw what Allen has become.   His potential going forward is off the charts.   Zach's, too.  But in the opposite direction.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So?

What reason should we have to presume Zach Wilson is on the same career path as Josh Allen?

one of the biggest statistical outliers at that.... Zach doesn't have half the guts that Allen plays with. I was anti-Allen in the draft but damn.... 

Zach will not have the same turnaround as Allen. I have about a .002% chance of being wrong.

• Upvote 1

still, without being able to see the whole field and at least try to see what wilson sees it's hard to assess.  it's also hard to think that la fleur is so brain dead that he wasn't calling plays that wilson should be capable of making.  heck the first half actually was going pretty well until the jfm penalty.  if wilson is passing on easy throws for deeper ones then he's definitely got to make a change.  he has to learn to move the chains first.

1 hour ago, August said:

Josh Allen year 2

3089 Yards

20 TD’s

9 Int’s

58.8% 

if Zach was on pace for this we’d feel like we potentially have our guy….

Through is 5th game in his 2nd year Allen was on pace to throw for 3800 yards, have 17 TDs and 24 picks for that year.  7 of his 9 picks came in those first 5 games. Those first 5 games of 2019 were games 13-17 of his career.  Zach just played his 18th game of his career.

There are actually tons of similarities to their trajectories right and right about now is where Allen really started improving immensely.  After that Patriots game, Allen has never thrown more picks than TDs in a game.  He threw more picks than TDs in 7 of his first 17 games.

I don’t for one second think we will see this remarkable turnaround from Wilson.  The similarities are there though.  

Whatever switch “flipped” for Josh Allen in his career, it happened right about now and after an embarrassing performance against the Patriots.

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of people bringing up Drew Brees when Johnny Manziel sh*t the bed. I mean, they're both on the shorter side, right? Must mean Johnny Football is gonna be awesome. Don't act like people didn't say this.

OR...

Any rookie QB who clearly sucks: Peyton Manning had a bad rookie year, too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Through is 5th game in his 2nd year Allen was on pace to throw for 3800 yards, have 17 TDs and 24 picks for that year.  7 of his 9 picks came in those first 5 games. Those first 5 games of 2019 were games 13-17 of his career.  Zach just played his 18th game of his career.

There are actually tons of similarities to their trajectories right and right about now is where Allen really started improving immensely.  After that Patriots game, Allen has never thrown more picks than TDs in a game.  He threw more picks than TDs in 7 of his first 17 games.

I don’t for one second think we will see this remarkable turnaround from Wilson.  The similarities are there though.  

Whatever switch “flipped” for Josh Allen in his career, it happened right about now and after an embarrassing performance against the Patriots.

Went back and looked. Allen had a swingy season, but had a lot more good games than bad, at least statistically. Zach has been consistently bad, with brief glimpses of mediocre.

Allen’s year two:

0A14FA68-67A3-450F-A6AB-5F22DA315642.jpeg