Next years QB options

Mario

Next years QB options   

83 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Joe Douglas to do at QB?

• Sign Jimmy Garrappolo for $25MM
    • Sign Daniel Jones for $20MM
    • Sign Geno Smith for $25MM
    • Trade next two firsts and a third for Aaron Rodgers
    • Sign Andy Dalton for $10MM to compete with Zach
    • Sign Jameis Winston for $10MM to compete with Zach
    • Sign Cooper Rush for $10MM to compete with Zach
    • Roll with Zach Wilson as unquestioned starter
    • Draft a 1st round QB to compete with Zach
    • Open competition between Zach Wilson, Mike White, and Chris Steveler
    • Sign Minshew for $8MM to compete with Zach
    • Outbid the Ravens for Lamar (blank check)

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Sign Minshew, Draft a QB and let them battle it out with Wilson 

Minshew….”the poor man’s Ryan Fitzpatrick”.

F that, Pass.

Always want someone with a dangerous arm who can sustain drives a decent percentage of the time, even with mistakes. The Jet D is getting deadly enough to be able to support that.

• Upvote 1

Draft someone outside Round 1. Focus less on the physical traits, getting a good but not elite athlete. Somebody who has 20% less scrambling ability, arm talent, etc. than Zach has but is 50% better at decision-making and ability to read the field.

I can’t help but think that a guy like Chad Pennington, even post shoulder injury, would be dynamite in this offense right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

They made an outrageous trade last year giving up multiple high picks to draft Lance, when they probably could have stayed put and got him where they were.

If Lynch sticks with Jimmy G next year, he's basically admitting he's made a major major mistake.

wouldn't they trade Lance and get back a 1st?

and if they make the playoffs, does it matter than he made a mistake at the draft?

3 hours ago, Mario said:

What you think?

I think it is a knee jerk reaction to losing to the Pats to want to replace Zach Wilson. He was the #2 pick for a reason.  With no preseason he came off injury and was 4-0 with zero turn overs before yesterday. Pretty much single handedly won the game for the Jets against Pitt in th 4th. Lost Breece Hall and AVT but somehow had 355 yards passing and 2 TDs against Bill Bellicheck. Was 2 throw away passes running for his life away from having a great statistal day and probable win. This all while the refs handed the road team the game with absurd roughing the QB after a pick 6, non call suplexing Garett Wilson after the whistle, absurd penalty tackling the QB while Mac Jones was fighting for a 1st down, a gift TD to start the 2nd half allowing the Wr to block/clearing out  our CB well before the QB was even in position to throw and an INT with what looked like the defender with half his body out of bounds. Zach had a few head scratching bad throws from short distance. Needs to improve on that. But if Trevor Lawrence has the same game the media is gushing but its Zach so....... Yeah, lets trade Zach cause he totally sucks

Really want to see Zach sink to the bottom of the sea (I'm giving him 3 more games) before I start thinking about this, but the best and most realistic option is probably Jimmy G.  Lamar is a fantasy, and Rodgers is too old and too sh*tty of a human being to get excited over. 

Just give me the 16th best QB in the NFL for ****'s sake.

I haven't watched the Pats game. Wife’s bday. So we were having fun as a family.

If Zach was as bad as it sounds, I think we need to see Mike White at some point.

Give Zach until the Chicago game. If he is still struggling, put Mike White in.

Give White at least 4 games. If he looks meh, put Stev in for the final 2 games.

Hard to vote in this poll without at least seeing White and Stev for a few games.

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Minshew….”the poor man’s Ryan Fitzpatrick”.

F that, Pass.

Always want someone with a dangerous arm who can sustain drives a decent percentage of the time, even with mistakes. The Jet D is getting deadly enough to be able to support that.

Realistically speaking who is that guy? MLF isnt changing the offense for Lamar, he's getting franchised anyways, and GB isn't eating 8 figures in dead money to move Rodgers......so who is it? 

56 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I guess you're out here comfortable with your QB losing one game but the rest of us are out here demanding perfection. 

I'm pretty sure full sarcasm was in effect here.  But I'm more saying that it's very hard to judge what we should do next year.  A lot can (and will) change.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xJayce said:

This is what's bothering me about the QB discussion...

If the guy is the worst QB in the league (or near enough that it doesn't matter), what's his ceiling? How much 'growth' can we get out of him? How much time does he get? Darnold had 3 seasons. I'm not sure there was much growth. We didn't 'get rid of him before he could develop'. The team had seen enough. Same thing with Sanchez... Same thing with Geno (took him 10 years to become a competent starter, and he's on fire now).

What are we expecting out of Zach? I wouldn't be surprised if he got 3 seasons, but at this point, I have a hard time imagining this will be more positive than the Darnold route though...

We've been through so many of these "you've got to be patient" scenarios, with no results at the end... What's expected from a fanbase that has been 'waiting' for 20 years? It may not be fair to Zach, he didn't cause the situation, but this is where we're at.

Well if we keep using our high picks (mostly because the team loses so many games) on potential franchise Qbs and they don't work out maybe the solution is to sign a vet Qb who is proven. I'm not against giving Zach more time but there have to be consequences if he is more the problem than the solution. I'm not seeing good coaching he keeps making the same mistakes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

Realistically speaking who is that guy? MLF isnt changing the offense for Lamar, he's getting franchised anyways, and GB isn't eating 8 figures in dead money to move Rodgers......so who is it? 

You’re absolutely right.  Hence the virtually Never Ending problem for MOST Pro football teams in finding The Guy for the most important position on the field.

I don’t have the Best answer right now. A somewhat decent answer is that you keep rolling with Wilson and if continues to make egregious mistakes like yesterday you send White in, and bring Wilson back, this was supposed to be His year to show who he is.  The team is 4-1 in games he started although most of that was the team and at the same time there were no critical errors made by Wilson.  You can’t draft a guy #2, he has one game with horrific mistakes, lots that he has cleaned up, and throw him in the garbage for good.

You Draft another QB next year (not in the 1st), bring in a Vet and let them all compete.  It’s actually dangerous for Flacco personally to be on that field, he should retire.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, PorP said:

Jimmy G has a career completion of over 67% and career passer rating of over 91. He also has a 36-17 record.  There is nothing average about him.  And he has enough legs left he can be the starter for the next 10 years. Plus he'll be half the price of lamar. 

No reason to go back to the draft well that hasn't worked  for us in the last 30 years.

Yes, but can’t SF franchise Jimmy G?.

18 hours ago, PorP said:

Jimmy G has a career completion of over 67% and career passer rating of over 91. He also has a 36-17 record.  There is nothing average about him.  And he has enough legs left he can be the starter for the next 10 years. Plus he'll be half the price of lamar. 

No reason to go back to the draft well that hasn't worked  for us in the last 30 years.

I could not agree more. Signing Lamar is gonna cost a major dollar on our cap space.  Some of these young guys are not gonna get paid because of this - unless they go the Watson route and give it to him guaranteed. 

Jimmy makes a lot of sense to me.  

• Upvote 1