Jump to content

STOP COMPARING ZACH WILSON TO JOSH ALLEN


Morrissey

Recommended Posts

Just now, More Cowbell said:

But someone said Allen sucked his first two years. Zach is going to be just fine. He is where he is supposed to be. 

If Zach was a 6'5" powerhouse running QB, I'd say lets cool out but will still be concerned.   He's not.  He clearly has trouble seeing the field and I wouldn't trust him to run and take a big hit like Allen does consistently without getting hurt again.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

But someone said Allen sucked his first two years. Zach is going to be just fine. He is where he is supposed to be. 

He’s been benched ? Ha. I do agree we can’t expect Wilson to be like some other qbs who came gunning like a pro out the gate. But the kid can develop on the bench and practicing throwing it out of bounds all day. How to read quicker, make better decisions when pocket collapses, etc. I know for many yrs we could Allow a young qb to “ practice and develop “ on Sundays while jets were already out of playoff picture by week 8. But Douglas and saleh badly want to make the playoffs, I doubt they care too much about hurting zack Wilson’s feelings to get there. Rumors about trading a first for Chubb says it all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just because someone somewhere won a Powerball jackpot after buying losing tickets before they eventually won..... that does not mean that having losing Powerball tickets today is any kind of assurance that a jackpot is in your future.

Wilson stinks.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He’s been benched ? Ha. I do agree we can’t expect Wilson to be like some other qbs who came gunning like a pro out the gate. But the kid can develop on the bench and practicing throwing it out of bounds all day. How to read quicker, make better decisions when pocket collapses, etc. I know for many yrs we could Allow a young qb to “ practice and develop “ on Sundays while jets were already out of playoff picture by week 8. But Douglas and saleh badly want to make the playoffs, I doubt they care too much about hurting zack Wilson’s feelings to get there. Rumors about trading a first for Chubb says it all. 

You do know that was sarcastic,  right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

If Zach was a 6'5" powerhouse running QB, I'd say lets cool out but will still be concerned.   He's not.  He clearly has trouble seeing the field and I wouldn't trust him to run and take a big hit like Allen does consistently without getting hurt again.  

a couple of points.  wilson is probably faster than allen.  allen is a big guy and can take hit but wilson can also use his legs more and get some positive yards instead of tossing it out of bounds or up for an int.  another point is mahomes, who is a magic man when it comes to ball handling, sat his first season and wasn't thrown into a developing team.  the chiefs were pretty good and well established when mahomes started.  this isn't making any excuses for wilson.  he has to own his mistakes and, in my opinion, he doesn't quite know what it takes to win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly, we have been through the "HoF Qb X had a rough start, therefore, this suck bag Jets young QB will also rebound to greatness" nonsense forever. Reality is statisitcally more likely he's gonna take after Art Schlicter/Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf legion of suck bag QBs who started out bad and continued to suck. Or Mark Sanchez or Sam Darnold or Geno Smith without 10 years in the desert. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He’s been benched ? Ha. I do agree we can’t expect Wilson to be like some other qbs who came gunning like a pro out the gate. But the kid can develop on the bench and practicing throwing it out of bounds all day. How to read quicker, make better decisions when pocket collapses, etc. I know for many yrs we could Allow a young qb to “ practice and develop “ on Sundays while jets were already out of playoff picture by week 8. But Douglas and saleh badly want to make the playoffs, I doubt they care too much about hurting zack Wilson’s feelings to get there. Rumors about trading a first for Chubb says it all. 

Came a point late in the game yesterday looked like Wilson began to think the whole point of being an NFL QB was throwing the ball out of bounds. "Look, everyone, now I know!". 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Came a point late in the game yesterday looked like Wilson began to think the whole point of being an NFL QB was throwing the ball out of bounds. "Look, everyone, now I know!". 

Ya a little too late.. He should have never been allowed to start until he got that most basic task down. He’s trying to be the hero when he can’t even pass what they teach in kindergarten qb school. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fans of other teams are praying they can pry Moore or Mims off the Jets before the deadline 

They see talented players who inexplicably haven’t been used but rather buried in the target pecking order / depth chart / inactive list behind Jeff freaking Smith and Braxton Berrios

Whereas if you offered Zach Wilson to fans of other teams, they would laugh in your face  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...