Jump to content

Jets Playoff Path moving forward


kevinc855

Recommended Posts

Yesterday was a gut punch for sure and a game we should of won. However Bill seems to have Zach’s number in a way I didn’t think was possible but playoffs EVEN losing to Bills next week and Pats again are not out of contention. 

Bills at Home: Most people chalk this up as an L 5-4

Pats at home. Let’s say BB owns the Jets again 5-5

Bears at home: Have to get a win here or this is not the team we thought 6-5

Vikings on Road: MN is good. Loss 6-6

Bills at Buffalo: Ok ok 6-7

Here is where it gets interesting 

Lions at Home: Jets should win 7-7

Jags at home: Should be another win 8-7

Now we are looking at other AFC wildcard teams losing…..BUT

Seahawks away: Suprise team of year can jets pull on out? Maybe yea maybe no? Worse case scenario lose 8-8

Dolphins on road: Win and in type of game? Proved we can beat them before 9-8

Slip in a wildcard? It’s still possible and I fully expect the Jets to make me wrong and win against NE at NE but I have my doubts 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Ask Zach.  Need an offense to go to the playoffs.  Regardless of our defense and our final record, we won't be a playoff caliber team until he makes a statement.

It's a real shame that this is the answer.  There's little that can be done until the Jets find competent QB play somehow.  We can talk about making tweaks to improve the roster here and there but ultimately this roster is good enough to win a playoff game or 2 with any semblance of decent QB play.  

It's not gonna be fun around here the remainder of this season unless you're a bit of a masochist like me.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Bill does not have Wilson’s number 

wilson played a fantastic game outside of 3 idiotic self inflicted INTs that has zero to do with the pats scheme or defense 

None of those picks were defensively schemed mastermind trap designs.

Just a complete mental meltdown by our QB. If he just calms down, checks it down, runs for a gain of 2, throw it away (PROPERLY!) he'll be alright and we win yesterday.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The key is splitting with the Patriots. I was hoping to get that out of the way yesterday, but now it makes the next game a must-win. The Jets will be better suited - getting OL back healthy and coming off of a bye, but we will see since the Jets were the better team yesterday and lost anyway.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Exactly 

But heres the thing....does this NEED to be said and understand at this level of play?

I mean look...it was his first "yolo game" this season and after they lost their 2 best Offensive players to injury the week before + his favorite WR.

A big game...they were down and he pressed. But he's got to relax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

But heres the thing....does this NEED to be said and understand at this level of play?

I mean look...it was his first "yolo game" this season and after they lost their 2 best Offensive players to injury the week before + his favorite WR.

A big game...they were down and he pressed. But he's got to relax.

I agree. I believe those are correctable mistakes. He’s taken care of the ball for long stretches. 

  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

9-8 would be a successful season regardless of whether we get into the playoffs. 

That is true man but with how the AFC is shaping up this year,  it's looking like 8 or 9 wins might get you to the big dance. 

IF the Jets somehow make it, it's a lot more than I was expecting this year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Paradis said:

no, just really.....really disappointed.

Imagine being someone who is really invested in college ball/draft process... and really not liking/being comfortable with Zach Wilson.... and being thankful at #2 that the Jets wouldn't go there... and then they do go there... and then you get told by ppl like you - "don't worry! the savior is here.... We finally got one" (daily on twitter)... and then he sucks... and then he sucks worse... and everything you were worried about comes true...and this is life.

No, i'm not hysterical. I'm living in a nightmare. 

All the QBs from that draft are bad right now 

The most productive thing we can do is let Wilson play the season, hope he makes a big jump 

if he doesn’t, we need a different answer at qb. Mike white and streveler are not answers.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yesterday was a gut punch for sure and a game we should of won. However Bill seems to have Zach’s number in a way I didn’t think was possible but playoffs EVEN losing to Bills next week and Pats again are not out of contention. 

Bills at Home: Most people chalk this up as an L 5-4

Pats at home. Let’s say BB owns the Jets again 5-5

Bears at home: Have to get a win here or this is not the team we thought 6-5

Vikings on Road: MN is good. Loss 6-6

Bills at Buffalo: Ok ok 6-7

Here is where it gets interesting 

Lions at Home: Jets should win 7-7

Jags at home: Should be another win 8-7

Now we are looking at other AFC wildcard teams losing…..BUT

Seahawks away: Suprise team of year can jets pull on out? Maybe yea maybe no? Worse case scenario lose 8-8

Dolphins on road: Win and in type of game? Proved we can beat them before 9-8

Slip in a wildcard? It’s still possible and I fully expect the Jets to make me wrong and win against NE at NE but I have my doubts 

i say let them get past buffalo first.  if the jets coaches are for real then they'll have a game plan to beat the patsies in foxboro after the break.  that gets them to 6.  bears aren't that good so there's 7.  minn?  maybe a loss.  buffalo maybe a loss. lions, win. jags, win. that gets them to 9.  seahawks could be a win. the dolphins will be a win.  they can get to 11.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

All the QBs from that draft are bad right now 

The most productive thing we can do is let Wilson play the season, hope he makes a big jump 

if he doesn’t, we need a different answer at qb. Mike white and streveler are not answers.

See, this is a cogent post.   Totally agree.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

See, this is a cogent post.   Totally agree.

More posts like those and we might have something here.  But alas, for every good post he has 8 terrible ones.  And it's why you can't buy in long-term, and we'll need to move on sooner rather than later.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yesterday was a gut punch for sure and a game we should of won. However Bill seems to have Zach’s number in a way I didn’t think was possible but playoffs EVEN losing to Bills next week and Pats again are not out of contention. 

Bills at Home: Most people chalk this up as an L 5-4

Pats at home. Let’s say BB owns the Jets again 5-5

Bears at home: Have to get a win here or this is not the team we thought 6-5

Vikings on Road: MN is good. Loss 6-6

Bills at Buffalo: Ok ok 6-7

Here is where it gets interesting 

Lions at Home: Jets should win 7-7

Jags at home: Should be another win 8-7

Now we are looking at other AFC wildcard teams losing…..BUT

Seahawks away: Suprise team of year can jets pull on out? Maybe yea maybe no? Worse case scenario lose 8-8

Dolphins on road: Win and in type of game? Proved we can beat them before 9-8

Slip in a wildcard? It’s still possible and I fully expect the Jets to make me wrong and win against NE at NE but I have my doubts 

If Zach remains QB? 

Hate to say it, but I cold see this:

Blowout loss to Buffalo
Loss to Pats in NE
Tough game vs. Bears, lets say we win.
Lions will beat us in a nailbiter, final collapse begins.
Jags will beat us.  Fanbase flabergasted.
Hawks will beat us.  With Geno.  Ouch.
And the Phins, with Tua back, will beat us.

Jets finish 6-11, and claim they're improving on schedule.

  • Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Bill does not have Wilson’s number 

wilson played a fantastic game outside of 3 idiotic self inflicted INTs that has zero to do with the pats scheme or defense 

He had under 50% completion. He missed a lot of easy throws. Most of his yards came from a couple good throws, but overall he did not look good. Honestly his big issue is when he bails from the pocket too easily. He has to learn to take a couple sacks and step in the pocket. 

He wasn't obscenely terrible like many make him out to be, but he definitely wasn't fantastic, even if you don't count the 3 INTs. I feel like his stats greatly reflect those of Mike White's stats in his non-wonder games. Lots of yards, lots of INTs. It's telling he threw for 3 and a half lengths of the football field and his offense only managed 17 points. 

Zach has committed nearly half of his interceptions against the Patriots alone. Bill has Wilson's number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Zach remains QB? 

Hate to say it, but I cold see this:

Blowout loss to Buffalo
Loss to Pats in NE
Tough game vs. Bears, lets say we win.
Lions will beat us in a nailbiter, final collapse begins.
Jags will beat us.  Fanbase flabergasted.
Hawks will beat us.  With Geno.  Ouch.
And the Phins, with Tua back, will beat us.

Jets finish 6-11, and claim they're improving on schedule.

Why do you think the Jags or Lions will beat us? Lions have one of the worst defenses in the NFL and our defense can probably handle the Lion's O, regardless of Zach Wilson's play. And no, he isn't going to throw 3 INTs against either team. Jags O sucks too. Their defense is pretty good but not enough. 

I agree with the rest of them though. 8-9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yesterday was a gut punch for sure and a game we should of won. However Bill seems to have Zach’s number in a way I didn’t think was possible but playoffs EVEN losing to Bills next week and Pats again are not out of contention. 

Bills at Home: Most people chalk this up as an L 5-4

Pats at home. Let’s say BB owns the Jets again 5-5

Bears at home: Have to get a win here or this is not the team we thought 6-5

Vikings on Road: MN is good. Loss 6-6

Bills at Buffalo: Ok ok 6-7

Here is where it gets interesting 

Lions at Home: Jets should win 7-7

Jags at home: Should be another win 8-7

Now we are looking at other AFC wildcard teams losing…..BUT

Seahawks away: Suprise team of year can jets pull on out? Maybe yea maybe no? Worse case scenario lose 8-8

Dolphins on road: Win and in type of game? Proved we can beat them before 9-8

Slip in a wildcard? It’s still possible and I fully expect the Jets to make me wrong and win against NE at NE but I have my doubts 

Kevin, I understand the logic but they will beat The Pats in Gillette. So 10-7 is more like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Why do you think the Jags or Lions will beat us? Lions have one of the worst defenses in the NFL and our defense can probably handle the Lion's O, regardless of Zach Wilson's play. And no, he isn't going to throw 3 INTs against either team. Jags O sucks too. Their defense is pretty good but not enough. 

I agree with the rest of them though. 8-9

Why would the Lions, who this year seem to play everyone hard....for about 40 minutes, lol......could beat us?  Because we're the Jets, and because Zach.

Why would the Jags beat us?  Because we're the Jets, and because Zach and Mr. Generational.

Both game should absolutely be games this Jets team wins.  Period.  End stop.

But so was yesterday.

So here we are.  I think a Same Old Jets collapse is completely possible at this point.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would totally not just dismiss the Bills game just yet. Any given Sunday and our defense matches up pretty well.

Zach gets a chance at a revenge game in 3 weeks.

Also in terms of the playoffs people REALLY need to look at the standings

It is exceedingly likely that the wildcards will be a combo of  CIN/BAL Miami Jets Chargers and possibly NE though I think NE fades. Pretty much everyone else is already far back. It is the oddest year ever in terms of team records.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...