Trade Deadline (Merged)

hawk

Trading Mims or Moore would be such a mistake 

You don’t want to remove weapons on a team trying to make a playoff run

If anything they should be looking to add

Fans of other teams are hoping they can pry Moore or Mims off the Jets before the deadline 

They see talented players who inexplicably haven’t been used but rather buried in the target pecking order / depth chart / inactive list behind Jeff freaking Smith and Braxton Berrios

Whereas if you offered Zach Wilson to other teams, their fans would laugh in your face

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

only content to play him more than Moore after Moore's whining.

Against the Steelers, Moore played 90% of the snaps, by FAR the most of any offense skill player.

Against the Packers he had more snaps than GW by a decent amount.  A lot more than Smith.  A lot more than Berrios.

Alot more in Miami compared to Wilson, and of course berrios and Smith.

he's not producing.

but is it his fault?

i wonder how many times he was open or was schemed to get a play and Zach ran out of the pocket and threw it Out of bounds?

somebody was the #1 target on those plays. we know Zach holds it too long and runs at the 1st sign of pressure.

we have a QB problem, im not ready to blame WRs for not producing just yet when their production is tied directly to the QB play.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Trading Mims or Moore would be such a mistake 

You don’t want to remove weapons on a team trying to make a playoff run

If anything they should be looking to add

Fans of other teams are hoping they can pry Moore or Mims off the Jets before the deadline 

They see talented players who inexplicably haven’t been used but rather buried in the target pecking order / depth chart / inactive list behind Jeff freaking Smith and Braxton Berrios

Whereas if you offered Zach Wilson to fans of other teams, they would laugh in your face

Problem is we dont need both Mimms and Moore and if you can get a decent return in a pick why not. We may make the playoffs this year but 23 we should be primed for a Super Bowl run

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Problem is we dont need both Mimms and Moore and if you can get a decent return in a pick why not. We may make the playoffs this year but 23 we should be primed for a Super Bowl run

Yea, we do. We also need a guy that gets them the ball.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

and im not so sure he is a cancer cause i think its has already spread threw out the locker room. he might not even be the guy who started it, just the one who opened his mouth publicly.

if we see Zach is bad, that locker room does too. getting rid of Morre does nothing to stop that. 

As I see it as well.

you just get the feeling there is fire to this smoke in the locker room and while Moore certainly could have handled it better, I don’t think he is alone.

I will say though if that is what us going on, the coaching staff has managed to keep most of it in house which is a plus

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Davis is already hurt / nursing his annual lower body stuff.. we are 1 injury away from not being able to afford trading Mims or Moore away. 

Davis will probably not play this week to give him time with the upcoming bye... no way do you want G Wilson , Jeff Smith and Berrios out there... especially with Zach playing some lackluster style of QB.

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Trading Moore isnt the smart move. The issue has been QB play, unless hes a real cancer in the locker room. What would Joe Burrow do with all these weapons?

Would you trade him and Flacco to the patriots for Bailey zappe ? Really wish he was on another team we could actually trade with. As a rookie , Kid is light yrs ahead of Wilson

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

I think trading Moore should be on the table. If we can get a 2nd for him, I would do it. I would keep Mims. Wilson/Davis/Berrios/Mims with solid TEs should be the way forward for Zach.

If we can get a long term answer at LT or RT, I would make that trade. Tunsil and Jack Conklin should be on the table.

I think a great trade would be Moore and a 2nd for Tunsil.

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Says who

Did you watch the game

The throw was out of bounds, but Mims’ contested catch on the 2nd play of the game was terrific

No other WR on the team has that combination of size and skill

Corey Davis doesn’t make that play and is always injured 

And you saw Mims’ 60 yard catch and run 

Jeff Smith sucks and is out there playing 60% of snaps or whatever

Corey Davis is cuttable after this season.  You can clear his 14M per off your books and start Mims on the outside and let him flourish in a contract year.

as for this year, both players are valuable.  The Jets just need to start using them and figure out how to get the QB to deliver them the ball.

Bite me.  Jeff Smith played 13 snaps and had a very nice 23 yard catch.  I admit that posing and making 1st down gestures when you should be rushing back to the line of scrimmage to clock the ball is not the best look, but still.  Jeff Smith suffers from the same sh*tty QB play as Mims and Moore. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I think trading Moore should be on the table. If we can get a 2nd for him, I would do it. I would keep Mims. Wilson/Davis/Berrios/Mims with solid TEs should be the way forward for Zach.

If we can get a long term answer at LT or RT, I would make that trade. Tunsil and Jack Conklin should be on the table.

I think a great trade would be Moore and a 2nd for Tunsil.

Since the coaching staff has said multiple times they want all the wrs to know all the positions, maybe they’ve seen enough of moore to see that he is completely ineffective on the outside and thus has limited value in this offense.  They seem to have no issues getting garrett wilson the ball.  

17 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Says who

Did you watch the game

The throw was out of bounds, but Mims’ contested catch on the 2nd play of the game was terrific

No other WR on the team has that combination of size and skill

Corey Davis doesn’t make that play and is always injured 

And you saw Mims’ 60 yard catch and run 

Jeff Smith sucks and is out there playing 60% of snaps or whatever

Corey Davis is cuttable after this season.  You can clear his 14M per off your books and start Mims on the outside and let him flourish in a contract year.

as for this year, both players are valuable.  The Jets just need to start using them and figure out how to get the QB to deliver them the ball.

Great post.

I'd be happy with any improvement on the Offensive line and any improvement with our pass rush (which is already quite good.)

If we could get Brian Burns by getting rid of some dead weight (Moore) and minimal draft compensation.  ?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Since the coaching staff has said multiple times they want all the wrs to know all the positions, maybe they’ve seen enough of moore to see that he is completely ineffective on the outside and thus has limited value in this offense.  They seem to have no issues getting garrett wilson the ball.  

Did the offensive scheme change since last year?

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Does JD strike to help the here & now playoff push?

Tradable assets:  Bryce Hall, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims, Joe Flacco, Jacob Martin, draft pick(s).

It’s becoming clear the Jets are likely a year away from making noise in the playoffs (key injuries & the ‘QB situation’) so I personally don’t see anywhere near a mortgage the future trade.

However, making the playoffs would be yuge for the rebuild and the fan base.

Potential target positions

1. OT (dependent on Fant, Mitchell health)

2. WR (someone who’s a better fit than Moore and/or Mims)

3. IOL (center or guard help down the stretch & for next year)

4. DT (they brought Joseph in for a look; do they improve the rotation & get another anchor for run D)

Thoughts?

Trade Zach for Minshew

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

As I see it as well.

you just get the feeling there is fire to this smoke in the locker room and while Moore certainly could have handled it better, I don’t think he is alone.

I will say though if that is what us going on, the coaching staff has managed to keep most of it in house which is a plus

Pure conjecture

• Upvote 1

Well last week right after the injury to Hall they immediately made the deal with Jax for Robinson so far it hasn’t worked out he wasn’t a factor on Sunday, he’s a good player but has been injured prob why available. Which means at least last week JD was serious about contending for the playoffs. If Jeudy available I’d love to see the Jets try to get him. Even though Garrett Wilson looked pretty good on Sunday after weaker performances recently. Maybe they could package Moore and picks to get him. Moore still has value. 

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Does JD strike to help the here & now playoff push?

Tradable assets:  Bryce Hall, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims, Joe Flacco, Jacob Martin, draft pick(s).

It’s becoming clear the Jets are likely a year away from making noise in the playoffs (key injuries & the ‘QB situation’) so I personally don’t see anywhere near a mortgage the future trade.

However, making the playoffs would be yuge for the rebuild and the fan base.

Potential target positions

1. OT (dependent on Fant, Mitchell health)

2. WR (someone who’s a better fit than Moore and/or Mims)

3. IOL (center or guard help down the stretch & for next year)

4. DT (they brought Joseph in for a look; do they improve the rotation & get another anchor for run D)

Thoughts?

JD will not give up any substantial draft capital. He values that more than anything. 

1. OT- This is the most likely trade target- however, I just can't see anyone on the market that makes sense trading for if we have Fant and/or Mitchell coming back any tome soon. So yeah, depends heavily on the health of those two guys. My guess is JD sniffs around for a deal but ends up standing pat as far as OT goes. 

2. WR- This is an interesting one. Moore CLEARLY wants out. I don't care what the Jets say, if a decent deal comes along they WILL move him. Same with Mims. But I think Mims has gotten a healthy dose of humble pie these passed couple of seasons and realizes he just needs to play his butt off no matter where he is. The Jets may have recognized this and (combined with the low value that he will bring back) may want to just hold on to him. I see this as a SELLER deal. I don't see a player for player swap but simply a player for draft pick swap- if one were to happen. My guess is JD holds out for a 2nd+4th or something in that realm. But the odds of this deal actually happening? Not sure. Not likely, IMO. 

3. IOL- Again, while this is a position we need to address due to the loss of AVT. I just don't see much of an upgrade over Herbig for minimal draft capital. And JD will not be giving up any substantial draft assets for a guard (or C). 

4. DT- Nope. Bringing in a FA is one thing. Giving up any kind of assets to boost an already loaded D-line is another. I know there are rumors that the Jets were looking at trading for Chubb. But that is all rumors. For what its worth, I'm sure Cimini reported right away that its untrue. 

The Jets have had Hall on the trade block for a while. I think THIS is the most likely trade to happen, if any. My guess is that JD has a trade in place but was not satisfied with the compensation (probably a 5th?) and is holding out until the last minute for a better deal. 

So what does that tell me? We will probably not see any deals and JD will stand pat. Maybe Hall will be dealt for a mid-lower round draft pick.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

but is it his fault?

i wonder how many times he was open or was schemed to get a play and Zach ran out of the pocket and threw it Out of bounds?

somebody was the #1 target on those plays. we know Zach holds it too long and runs at the 1st sign of pressure.

we have a QB problem, im not ready to blame WRs for not producing just yet when their production is tied directly to the QB play.

i am not an expert on watching the film so i defer to others regarding fault.

I just know that when i looked at all the pass attempts from one game, he wasn't getting open.

it sure seemed like to me that he wasn't trying hard.  

Just now, batman10023 said:

i am not an expert on watching the film so i defer to others regarding fault.

I just know that when i looked at all the pass attempts from one game, he wasn't getting open.

it sure seemed like to me that he wasn't trying hard.  

Moore is basically never open on deep routes, so his value is limited to routes 15 yards and in. For ZW that’s not good b/c 1) he tends to lock onto his first read which is usually GW, CD or a rb, and 2) when ZW bails and runs around he’s usually looking to throw deep.  So i really don’t see how moore fits into this offense with ZW.  Of course you can change the qb.

• Upvote 2

I think I will support whatever decision that he takes. My opinion would be to sit tight and dont pull the trigger. It is great that we came across talent that helped us win games we did not expect to win. However, we are still in the same plan. We are not anywhere close to a complete team. The injuries exposed that more than before. Trading picks would not be the wise decision now. The bigger plan and more important plan is to give Wilson as many opportunities as possible to let him either progress or regress. Last week was not a good look. However since his return, he has looked better than not in more occasions. 

So, let thngs fall where they may in terms of player development. 

The bigger issue is not talent import, but rather talent utilization, and that lies on the shoulder of the coaching staff. 

39 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Trade Zach Wilson for a 3rd rounder, if we are lucky.

Soooo, our starting QB will be? 

A. Joe 'The Flacid Statue' Flacco

B. Mike 'Mr. Fragility' White

C. Chris '25 career pass attempts' Streveler 

Cool, cool, cool...

We can always select a stud QB with the 20th overall pick in the draft next year. 

link GIF  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I cant imagine a trade actually happening but we'll see, could be wrong, just not sure what even makes sense for this team.

It's a good team with a lot of talent with a young QB who's in over his head, a young OC with very little experience or chops and a lot of key injuries on the OL.  Add in their best offensive players is done for the season.

Fortunately they play in a league where there aren't that many teams that are overall better than the Jets and they have a chance even with their issues to be competitive for a playoff spot.

A trade might help.  Hard to know.  The O looks like a mess right now.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

It's a good team with a lot of talent with a young QB who's in over his head, a young OC with very little experience or chops and a lot of key injuries on the OL.  Add in their best offensive players is done for the season.

Fortunately they play in a league where there aren't that many teams that are overall better than the Jets and they have a chance even with their issues to be competitive for a playoff spot.

Sure but they already traded for James Robinson.  Who could you see them even making an offer for? 

Just now, JiFapono said:

Sure but they already traded for James Robinson.  Who could you see them even making an offer for? 

Hard to know what's going on in the background in a 32 team league.  In the past I wouldn't think anything of substance could happen but that seems to be changing.  

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Moore is basically never open on deep routes, so his value is limited to routes 15 yards and in. For ZW that’s not good b/c 1) he tends to lock onto his first read which is usually GW, CD or a rb, and 2) when ZW bails and runs around he’s usually looking to throw deep.  So i really don’t see how moore fits into this offense with ZW.  Of course you can change the qb.

doesn't he need to run the deep and outside routes to "feed his family"?