Trade Deadline (Merged)

hawk

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's a good team with a lot of talent with a young QB who's in over his head, a young OC with very little experience or chops and a lot of key injuries on the OL.  Add in their best offensive players is done for the season.

Fortunately they play in a league where there aren't that many teams that are overall better than the Jets and they have a chance even with their issues to be competitive for a playoff spot.

A trade might help.  Hard to know.  The O looks like a mess right now.

they lost a key OL player a week ago and more importantly like 30% of their offense production.  they need to recover from that asap.  might be hard.

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Moore is basically never open on deep routes, so his value is limited to routes 15 yards and in. For ZW that’s not good b/c 1) he tends to lock onto his first read which is usually GW, CD or a rb, and 2) when ZW bails and runs around he’s usually looking to throw deep.  So i really don’t see how moore fits into this offense with ZW.  Of course you can change the qb.

QB isn't getting changed so Moore better hope he gets traded.

or just wait a year till we get a new QB.

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well last week right after the injury to Hall they immediately made the deal with Jax for Robinson so far it hasn’t worked out he wasn’t a factor on Sunday, he’s a good player but has been injured prob why available. Which means at least last week JD was serious about contending for the playoffs. If Jeudy available I’d love to see the Jets try to get him. Even though Garrett Wilson looked pretty good on Sunday after weaker performances recently. Maybe they could package Moore and picks to get him. Moore still has value. 

would Jeudy for Moore straight up work?

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

What would motivate the Broncos to do this?

Jeudy is coming off 2 straight terrific games

Both are on cheap rookie deals

Jeudy's rookie deal doesn't expire until after '23 and they can use the 5th year option on him after that anyway

As he was a 2nd round pick, the Jets only control Moore for 4 years

• Upvote 4

The Detroit Lions are trading tight end T.J. Hockenson, a 2023 fourth-round pick and a conditional 2024 fourth-round pick to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for a 2023 second-round pick and a 2024 third-round pick, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday, per sources.

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Moore seems to be trying to force a trade thru sheer lack of effort.  By default, the WR situation has room to improve this year especially if they stick with Wilson.

Saleh “Zach needs to play better and we have to figure out how to help him”.

How does lack of effort get Moore noticed by other teams, except as a liability? I think he's trying, but angry that he's not getting the ball. He knows he has to show other teams what he can do to generate trade interest. He's going to get benched again, given how he's acting. 

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

What would motivate the Broncos to do this?

Jeudy is coming off 2 straight terrific games

Both are on cheap rookie deals

Jeudy's rookie deal doesn't expire until after '23 and they can use the 5th year option on him after that anyway

As he was a 2nd round pick, the Jets only control Moore for 4 years

then why are they willing to trade him? doesn't make sense to me. 

i didn't think a straight up would work (as you point out) but is Jeudy going to cost a team a first?

44 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well last week right after the injury to Hall they immediately made the deal with Jax for Robinson so far it hasn’t worked out he wasn’t a factor on Sunday, he’s a good player but has been injured prob why available. Which means at least last week JD was serious about contending for the playoffs. If Jeudy available I’d love to see the Jets try to get him. Even though Garrett Wilson looked pretty good on Sunday after weaker performances recently. Maybe they could package Moore and picks to get him. Moore still has value. 

JRob may not have been a factor because he's only practiced 3 times since joining the team and is still learning the playbook. He was on a limited pitch count.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So far it hasn't worked out?  He joined the team 6 days ago.  We are supposed to give these sh*tty draft picks 3 years, but we can't give James Robinson 3 weeks?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Bite me.  Jeff Smith played 13 snaps and had a very nice 23 yard catch.  I admit that posing and making 1st down gestures when you should be rushing back to the line of scrimmage to clock the ball is not the best look, but still.  Jeff Smith suffers from the same sh*tty QB play as Mims and Moore. 

No thanks.  Luis Suarez might be willing to accommodate you there.

LOL on Jeff Smith.  Jeff Smith is a JAG who's done next to nothing in 4+ years or however the freak long he's been in Florham Park.

He's an ex-college QB who the Jets have never even tried to use a single time on a gadget play throwing the ball.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

then why are they willing to trade him? doesn't make sense to me. 

i didn't think a straight up would work (as you point out) but is Jeudy going to cost a team a first?

My guess is the Jeudy rumors are coming from his agent or from other teams. 

Or maybe the Broncos were more open to a move when it looked like their season was completely lost.

After winning in London and Russ finally flashing some chemistry with his guys, they're probably not ready to give up on the season now.

9 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The Detroit Lions are trading tight end T.J. Hockenson, a 2023 fourth-round pick and a conditional 2024 fourth-round pick to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for a 2023 second-round pick and a 2024 third-round pick, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday, per sources.

Wow

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

No thanks.  Luis Suarez might be willing to accommodate you there.

LOL on Jeff Smith.  Jeff Smith is a JAG who's done next to nothing in 4+ years or however the freak long he's been in Florham Park.

He's an ex-college QB who the Jets have never even tried to use a single time on a gadget play throwing the ball.

Jeff Smith has more yards receiving than the following players who I was told would be future superstars - Devin Smith, Chad Hansen, ArDarius Stewart, Jordan White, Windrell Hayes, Alex Van Dyke, Greg Dortch and David Clowney.  To be fair, Dortch is playing pretty well with the Cardinals. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jeff Smith has more yards receiving than the following players who I was told would be future superstars - Devin Smith, Chad Hansen, ArDarius Stewart, Jordan White, Windrell Hayes, Alex Van Dyke, Greg Dortch and David Clowney.  To be fair, Dortch is playing pretty well with the Cardinals. 

again - the tallest midget.  

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Soooo, our starting QB will be? 

A. Joe 'The Flacid Statue' Flacco

B. Mike 'Mr. Fragility' White

C. Chris '25 career pass attempts' Streveler 

Cool, cool, cool...

We can always select a stud QB with the 20th overall pick in the draft next year. 

link GIF  

i got news for you, another bad game or 2 by Zach and our QB will be A, B or C. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Moore's value is way down the Denver GM would be run out of town for doing a deal like that. He would get flack just for trading Jeudy who is a good part of their offense. The Broncos are 3-5 so possible. But if they did and could receive a talented receiver back plus a higher draft pick like a 2nd is it something they would consider? Probably NO but worth tossing out at them plus rumors they are willing to deal him. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I guess you missed his game against the Browns? He was throwing to Chase and co- you dont think theyre any good?

Chase is out for 5-6 weeks with a hip fracture, he elevated Tee Higgens and Boyd way beyond what they would be on the Jets. 

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I think trading Moore should be on the table. If we can get a 2nd for him, I would do it. I would keep Mims. Wilson/Davis/Berrios/Mims with solid TEs should be the way forward for Zach.

If we can get a long term answer at LT or RT, I would make that trade. Tunsil and Jack Conklin should be on the table.

I think a great trade would be Moore and a 2nd for Tunsil.

Not getting a 2nd for Moore now with zero production ( not his fault ) and recent attitude. Probably a 4th. Like idea for Tunsil though 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

A modern day murderer's row right there ?