Trade Deadline (Merged)

hawk

30 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

What QB would you think could come in at this point and be Effective, learn the playbook, and have some sort of chemistry with his offensive teammates. It’s White,  Flacco or Strev.  I can see a move in the off season but not at this point. 

It’s been done many times. Have a bye coming up. It’s not they are dialing up any complicated plays now. Wilson can barely handle the basics. I don’t see much available though. Hopefully can get a OT to bolster line. Wilson needs a LOT of time back there to be decent. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

No thanks.  Luis Suarez might be willing to accommodate you there.

LOL on Jeff Smith.  Jeff Smith is a JAG who's done next to nothing in 4+ years or however the freak long he's been in Florham Park.

He's an ex-college QB who the Jets have never even tried to use a single time on a gadget play throwing the ball.

Jeff Smith is a very good ST's player and does a solid job as a rotation #4 or #5 WR in those sets.

Not every position of depth on the team needs to be #1 ranking talent, it's not realistic, it's not how NFL rosters are structured.

ST's matter!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The #Dolphins are sending a 2023 first-round pick (originally San Francisco's), a 2024 fourth-round pick and RB Chase Edmonds to the #Broncos for Bradley Chubb and a 2025 fifth-round pick, per source.

Dolphins got fleeced

They still have to pay Chubb

Makes life harder for the Jets, Bills and NE now though

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Jeff Smith is a very good ST's player and does a solid job as a rotation #4 or #5 WR in those sets.

Not every position of depth on the team needs to be #1 ranking talent, it's not realistic, it's not how NFL rosters are structured.

ST's matter!

Say Ray, who are the top three current Jets players you'd like to move on from/upgrade?  Thanks.

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I understand that aspect

But when all 3 WRs are active on gameday, it’s inexcusable for Smith to be running more routes than Mims and Moore

I truly believe Saleh and the Jets coaching staff are sending Moore a message of accountability, and we should be applauding him for that. No player is above the team. Moore needs to STFU and restore his damaged reputation starting with the players in his locker room.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Do people really think that trade for Chubb is a good one? Seems like a crazy overpay for a guy who has 20 sacks since his rookie year in 2018. Feels like the Broncos really got away with one there

The Dolphins are a better team today then they were yesterday, stop, period. They are 5-3, they have the Bills ahead of them. They feel confident in Tua. The are trying to win, and win now. They found a way to upgrade their roster. Yes I think it makes them better. 

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Dolphins got fleeced

They still have to pay Chubb

Makes life harder for the Jets, Bills and NE now though

no they did not

they turned free picks from the niners to get hill waddle and now chubb-their gm is brilliant

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

The Dolphins are a better team today, stop, period. They are 5-3, they have the Bills ahead of them. They feel confident in Tua. The are trying to win, and win now. They found a way to upgrade their roster. Yes I think it makes them better. 

Of course it makes them better, but that's most definitely a large overpay.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Do people really think that trade for Chubb is a good one? Seems like a crazy overpay for a guy who has 20 sacks since his rookie year in 2018. Feels like the Broncos really got away with one there

it sadly is a great move for them -as already noted their gm used picks to get waddle hill and chubb-he is a genius

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think it’s a good trade. Things are wide open, they're a win now team, and Chubb is a #1 type of pass rusher. They are trading a late 1st. It’s a win for both teams.