Trade Deadline (Merged)

hawk

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Do people really think that trade for Chubb is a good one? Seems like a crazy overpay for a guy who has 20 sacks since his rookie year in 2018. Feels like the Broncos really got away with one there

I’m not sure. It depends on how the phins cap is looking. Chubb will get massive $$. This makes sense if they are trying to win now. Are they good enough for that? Personally I don’t think so 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Of course it makes them better, but that's most definitely a large overpay.

it was essentially free so no they did not overpay-they got three stud players to allow the niners to take a qb that is not even good 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DLJ said:

We need offensive line help. Get one of the young ones that will anchor the online for years instead of drafting one

I said a week ago I'd like them to look into Bozeman. Coming off preseason IR he's back in the starting lineup, but Carolina doesn't presently need him, they're 2-6 and should be looking at re-tooling for next year's rebuild offseason, he plays C and G, he's cheap $ for the rest of this year, then is a UFA after the season, and between now & then the Jets can take a little time on an extension (if so desired) after seeing him firsthand for a couple games.

Plus even though the Jets don't presently have some gaping hole at C, McGovern's a UFA after this season himself. Extending Bozeman shouldn't be a bank-breaker -- not because I'm so concerned about his cap hit, but more that a lower salary means the team could/would still draft an upgrade if the opportunity was there (if they extend him for big bucks, they're not touching a center in the draft for at least a year). 

I wouldn't say he'd be easy to pry loose, but Carolina hasn't extended him beyond his 1-year deal and how much could they really demand for him anyway?

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Dolphins are a better team today then they were yesterday, stop, period. They are 5-3, they have the Bills ahead of them. They feel confident in Tua. The are trying to win, and win now. They found a way to upgrade their roster. Yes I think it makes them better. 

Having confidence in your QB allows you to make these moves. The Jets don't have confidence and they will sit on their hands

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

I'll indulge with a quick 3

- Joyner

- Rankins

- C. Davis

You want to cut our #1 WR, the one whose shown the most chemistry with Zach since he arrived (with G.Wilson a close 2nd now)?

Who are you playing ahead of Joyner?

Interesting.

14 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

And on jetnation.com

Warfish

That's too bad.  I don't want to get rid of you.  We need you around, it's enlightening.

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I cant imagine a trade actually happening but we'll see, could be wrong, just not sure what even makes sense for this team.

Tunsil,makes a lot of sense. At 37 yrs old, playing on a bum shoulder, I wouldn't care about hurt feelings

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Wilson and Edmonds are interchangeable. This move doesn't improve their team, it just gets them back to where they were before they traded Edmonds

Wilson is a bigger back you can use between the tackles 

Downhill one-cut runner who fits the Shanahan system 

Edmonds is more like a pint sized scat back teams don’t trust between the tackles or anywhere near the goal line

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I would’ve done Elijah for Ridley

I wouldn’t. Ridley is on his 5th year option. 11 mil then will get paid. Hasn’t played all year. He came out pretty old, he’ll be 28 at the start of the season and 29 at the end of it. Paying a 29 year old what 20 mil a year who hasn’t proven to be a #1? No thanks 

Moore is young and cheap 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

I wouldn’t. Ridley is on his 5th year option. 11 mil then will get paid. Hasn’t played all year. He came out pretty old, he’ll be 28 at the start of the season and 29 at the end of it. 

Moore is young and cheap 

I love Moore but Ridley is a legit top-5 talent if his head is straight 

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

I wouldn’t. Ridley is on his 5th year option. 11 mil then will get paid. Hasn’t played all year. He came out pretty old, he’ll be 28 at the start of the season and 29 at the end of it. 

Moore is young and cheap 

They don’t even play Moore or throw him the ball