Nyc marathon 11/6

Wow good to know.  Guess this cements it: I'm not going.  I wonder if our dolt of an owner either knows/cares about the impossibility of getting to the stadium on Marathon day unless you are already on the Jersey side.  Like the Jewish holidays league just dumps them on the Jets because the Giants are the only ones that bring it up for schedule purposes.    

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Wow good to know.  Guess this cements it: I'm not going.  I wonder if our dolt of an owner either knows/cares about the impossibility of getting to the stadium on Marathon day unless you are already on the Jersey side.  Like the Jewish holidays league just dumps them on the Jets because the Giants are the only ones that bring it up for schedule purposes.    

You, sir, are deranged. Enjoy watching the game on TV, I guess.

• Sympathy 1

If you’re coming from Brooklyn or Manhattan and driving, take the Holland Tunnel, follow the signs to Rt 1-9 north, about 3-4 miles merge on to 3 west. Once you ho over the bridge you will see the air conditioner ahead on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If traffic is bad going to the BB try the battery tunnel and go north on West St to Holland

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Are there not trains that go to the stadium?

I don't know about driving from Brooklyn, but if you can get a subway to either penn station or port authority, there is no problem.  within manhattan, the marathon enters over the 59th street bridge, goes up 1st avenue, and then goes into the bronx.  it re-enters manhattan around 138th street and goes down 5th avenue until it hits central park south (59th), then goes across CPS until it enters the park.  there is no impact in any of manhattan south of 59th street or on the west side of the park.  and i don't think there is any problem accessing the GWB to get to NJ.

i happen to live on 2nd avenue on the upper east side, so i'm kind of surrounded by the marathon going up 1st and down 5th.  but subways aren't impacted, LIRR isn't impacted and NJ transit isn't impacted.

it may be a little more of a headache, but there are plenty of ways to get to the stadium

2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

I don't know about driving from Brooklyn, but if you can get a subway to either penn station or port authority, there is no problem.  within manhattan, the marathon enters over the 59th street bridge, goes up 1st avenue, and then goes into the bronx.  it re-enters manhattan around 138th street and goes down 5th avenue until it hits central park south (59th), then goes across CPS until it enters the park.  there is no impact in any of manhattan south of 59th street or on the west side of the park.  and i don't think there is any problem accessing the GWB to get to NJ.

i happen to live on 2nd avenue on the upper east side, so i'm kind of surrounded by the marathon going up 1st and down 5th.  but subways aren't impacted, LIRR isn't impacted and NJ transit isn't impacted.

it may be a little more of a headache, but there are plenty of ways to get to the stadium

@laurenceofarabia Also remember when on the subway...

1. do not talk or make eye contact with anyone.

2. Make certain all valuables are left in your hotel room (no jewelry or "Beats" headphones etc.)

3. Try and appear psychotic... you'll blend in easier

4. Try and get back to your hotel before it gets dark & make certain your life insurance policy is up to date.

• Thumb Down 1

On 11/1/2022 at 12:16 PM, nj meadowlands said:

If you run from Midtown over the GWB and then snake through southern Bergen County, it's only about 18 miles.  Less than the marathon.  

Good luck!

But the Jets will still charge him $50 for parking.

• Haha 1