QB Opinions on Zach

20 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I haven’t seen a QBs throw it away more than wilson the last 10 weeks. He made a dumb throw, every QB makes dumb throws.

But none of those other QBs are using that as an excuse for NOT throwing it away (which was his justification for the third INT).  I’m sure Orlovsky is also pointing to Zach’s back foot throws (the reason for his first INT), which is sloppy and lazy.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

But none of those other QBs are using that as an excuse for NOT throwing it away (which was his justification for the third INT).  I’m sure Orlovsky is also pointing to Zach’s back foot throws (the reason for his first INT), which is sloppy and lazy.

Again with the first int back throw nonsense. That is an elementary school throw, you don’t need mechanics to hit a 2 yarder. 

• More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Charles Davis is clueless, have you ever held a football in your life? 

"Davis was born in Elizabethton, Tennessee, but he and his family moved to New Paltz, New York, when he was two years old. His father, Franklin, was a high school football and basketball coach.[1] Davis played football, basketball and baseball at New Paltz High School. Davis played quarterback, defensive back, and kicker for the high school football team."

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

"Davis was born in Elizabethton, Tennessee, but he and his family moved to New Paltz, New York, when he was two years old. His father, Franklin, was a high school football and basketball coach.[1] Davis played football, basketball and baseball at New Paltz High School. Davis played quarterback, defensive back, and kicker for the high school football team."

Watch football any Sunday and you will every QB in the nfl making 2 yard throws off their back foot. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Watch football any Sunday and you will every QB in the nfl making 2 yard throws off their back foot. 

Agreed.  I saw Josh Allen do it last night.   Threw an absolute laser this way for a TD.   But that dude's arm is ridiculous.  Most QBs going off the back foot the majority of the time will fail.

• Upvote 1

I feel like some of this is over the top because a Packers, Denver, and Belichick run will make most QBs look like balls, but Orlovsky is a huge homer/hot take artist. This is just indicative of the bottom falling out for Zach’s support, which represents a whole new world for him as a QB. And he gets to try and stem the tide against the Bills with his own org ******* around with the depth chart behind him. Make or break for Wilson right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I actually agree with him 100% and said essentially the same thing yesterday with a different way of phrasing it.

I think Zach’s biggest issue by a country mile is how he wants his “game” look.  He wants To make big splash he plays and he wants you to think it’s effortless when he does.  He wants to make sure you know he has immense physical gifts, which he does.  That’s why as something as simply as a throwaway can go seriously wrong.  He just thinks, meh, a little flick of the wrist here outta do” and disaster strikes.

Until he values making the best play regardless of how exciting it is, he won’t get much better.  Unfortunately I don’t know if that will happen.  I think he’d rather have some say that he “could become the next Aaron Rodgers if he puts it all together” than someone say he’s a “solid like Ryan Tannehill”

We are talking about the QB that the entire forum was blasting for being too conservative and only throwing for 100 yards the last two weeks? 

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

We are talking about the QB that the entire forum was blasting for being too conservative and only throwing for 100 yards the last two weeks? 

Well personally, I think being too conservative and what we saw yesterday is all connected to the main issue, which in my opinion is his ego.

I could be completely wrong.  I’ve been wrong many times before and will be many times again.  I root like hell for him to succeed and will ALWAYS default to pointing out positives before negatives. That said, there are these types of plays littered all over his career, whether during his train wreck performances like yesterday, or his “successful” game management games like Denver or Green Bay.

• Upvote 4