QB Opinions on Zach

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Basically Zach Wilson does nothing with his brain after the ball is snapped. He's not seeing the field, he's not processing the defense, no anticipation (which is funny that he was lauded to have a super computer between the ears)... which just goes to show you that a player can understand all the concepts/schemes/ideology -- but that doesn't at all mean that it happens instinctually in real time.

Players are wide open WEEKLY - waving their hands. This is happening mid-way through year two and he is nowhere close to hurdling this mental milestone

RIP

Orlovsky is 100% correct when he says this is basic stuff. This is like passing game 101, you can’t predetermine reads like this.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

yes, its called the All-22 for the New York jets. Have a look.

Its not like once here and once there -- it's happening routinely. I know you're trying to be this reasonable steadfast guy and push back on hyperbole -- and good for you on that crusade. This is what it is though, and its why we shouldn't be anointing anyone as a "good" until they prove it. Zach's coronation happened 2 mins after he was drafted. 

I’d like to see that all 22.  

my take is the whole Zach is garbage. Calling him Utah and other names.  All that is stupid.  

the kids got this year.  If not who is tied to the guy?  

while not having hall sucks we will really get to see if he’s bad.  Or good. 

feels like many don’t want him to succeed. 

and pick number 2 is always coronation.   You know that. 

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

yes, its called the All-22 for the New York jets. Have a look.

Its not like once here and once there -- it's happening routinely. I know you're trying to be this reasonable steadfast guy and push back on hyperbole -- and good for you on that crusade. This is what it is though, and its why we shouldn't be anointing anyone as a "good" until they prove it. Zach's coronation happened 2 mins after he was drafted. 

Are there open receivers on most plays for most young qb?

if this is the case I’d love to hear from some guys with sources in the jets what the think about these open guys.   Going to ask football guy. 

8 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The frustrating thing is that it’s all mental. He has tons of ability that pop when you watch him. The highs are there. It’s the mental errors.

This is a bad play. Worse for me are the hero throws. 

He came into the NE game with 2 picks over the last 9 games. It’s like you’re creating this turnover machine narrative in your minds 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 10/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, derp said:

Against pressure 6-45 with 5 interceptions. Everything comes back to this. You can’t have sustained success in the NFL if you’re that bad against pressure. Just can’t.

This is his tape vs Washington his sophomore season. Watch what happens every time there is pressure and you will see what you now see on Sundays. He spazzes out if the thinks he is going to get hit. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Reading and hearing this type of thing *everywhere* the past two days—character stuff surrounding Zach Wilson. Cimini referenced it today on his podcast, Ryan Fitzpatrick calling it a “red flag” that they had to bring Zach’s personal QB coach in, and both Hughes and Rosenblatt used similar language re: arrogance and maturity in their post-game stuff. Clearly it’s been put into the atmosphere that there’s some sh*t there. One wonders if this is the stuff “behind the scenes” that Elijah Moore has been referring to. 

2. Wow, the dude who couldn’t earn a Captaincy at BYU and who grew up in a tiny Utah suburb might not be a fit in New York, playing for a moribund franchise that chews up QBs? Where did we hear that before?

Maybe this wasn't BS after all:

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Some-Teams-Have-Makeup-Concerns-with-Zach-Wilson

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Facts said:

Uh, his dad was awful as an announcer.

They literally fired him and he was never hired again by any other station.

C’mon man. You’re usually a good poster, but not in this instance. If you don’t know what actually happened, don’t act like you “literally” do.

His dad was the lead analyst on CBS for years. He was the star there, until Tony Romo blew the networks away in auditions. He was the hot new “up and comer” and CBS had to give him the #1 spot in order to sign him.
Phil wasn’t happy being demoted to the #2 game crew, and he and CBS settled on him moving into the studio, where he’s been doing a really nice job ever since.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Whoever wrote this was pretty close to spot on:

In speaking to a director of college scouting from a NFC team that is in the market for a new quarterback, he outlined the makeup concerns with Wilson:

"Johnny Manziel comp without the [drugs]. [Wilson] is fun to watch, but is he a 1-year flash in the pan? He's a backyard baller who is fun to watch." 

"Someone will grab him in the first [round]. I doubt he gets to the second [round] because once the third quarterback goes, after Lawrence and Fields, there will be a run on them. [Wilson] has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat - uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all

"His positives are that he's super competitive, not to get scared and won't back down, extremely confident, very smart with keen recall and teammates will play for him."

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:41 PM, SuicidalSince98 said:

Are we talking about an overthrow and a ball that he was throwing away? Like wtf are we saying here 

we are talking about the fact that the dude sucks. idk what games you are watching but your dick riding of wilson is almost intolerable with how ignorant to what we are all seeing it is. are you his dad or something? wtf, lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

C’mon man. You’re usually a good poster, but not in this instance. If you don’t know what actually happened, don’t act like you “literally” do.

His dad was the lead analyst on CBS for years. He was the star there, until Tony Romo blew the networks away in auditions. He was the hot new “up and comer” and CBS had to give him the #1 spot in order to sign him.
Phil wasn’t happy being demoted to the #2 game crew, and he and CBS settled on him moving into the studio, where he’s been doing a really nice job ever since.

I am very aware of what happened. He was never the star nor the lead analyst. He was on the #1 team but he was never good and he was made fun of A TON for his terrible takes. He would have been fired several times over if not for Nantz sticking up for him. Nantz finally signed off on the change to Romo.

31D35D9A-CEA7-4CBB-B557-571BB8F872DC.thumb.jpeg.664e216accef3d5b2aeaf511a0544577.jpeg

• WTF? 1

12 hours ago, maury77 said:

This is his tape vs Washington his sophomore season. Watch what happens every time there is pressure and you will see what you now see on Sundays. He spazzes out if the thinks he is going to get hit. 

Am I wrong or did someone post this during the predraft discussion re Wilson? Would be an interesting one to dig up if so.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Facts said:

I am very aware of what happened. He was never the star nor the lead analyst. He was on the #1 team but he was never good and he was made fun of A TON for his terrible takes. He would have been fired several times over if not for Nantz sticking up for him. Nantz finally signed off on the change to Romo.

31D35D9A-CEA7-4CBB-B557-571BB8F872DC.thumb.jpeg.664e216accef3d5b2aeaf511a0544577.jpeg

Well if renowned media icons and football experts like Star Blazer and Black Brian said it, it has to be true, right?

Awkward Dave Grohl GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, derp said:

Am I wrong or did someone post this during the predraft discussion re Wilson? Would be an interesting one to dig up if so.

thats the Zach we know. overthrowing guys and doing nothing running from the pocket.

how the hell did we draft this guy?

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, The Crusher said:

I’d take either over Zach. 

If you look at some of the all-22 film posted over at Jet X Factor, I have to agree with you.  Some of the decisions Wilson made in this game were mind numbing.  I genuinely believe we would have won with either White or Streveler back there...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Well if renowned media icons and football experts like Star Blazer and Black Brian said it, it has to be true, right?

Awkward Dave Grohl GIF

It’s like saying “if starblazer knew gravity existed”…

it was just a very well known, common fact. He was not a star in any way, shape or form.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:41 PM, SuicidalSince98 said:

Are we talking about an overthrow and a ball that he was throwing away? Like wtf are we saying here 

we are talking about a 54% completion rate. an abysmal 2.1% td pct, and an also pretty bad 3.5% int rate thats a full 1.4% higher than his td rate. we are talking about making some of the stupidest plays you can make as a qb. we are talking about a woeful pocket presence and possessing putrid field vision. what we are talking about is a complete bust of a qb who should not be a the stating qb unless he makes a miraculous improvement at basic nfl qb skills

• Upvote 3

On 10/31/2022 at 1:09 PM, Matt39 said:

Not sure if it’s about growing up. Wilson never faced any pressure in college. It’s something you have or don’t. Him bailing from the pocket like he’s blindfolded means he’s not ready to play yet. 

What are you talking about you troll?  Coastal Carolina has a good defense

• Haha 1