Simms unloads on Jet fans, Calls them Annoying

kevinc855

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

This is the same guy who curses every 5 seconds on his podcast because he thinks it's edgy.  There's a ton of gatekeeping on how fans should behave lately and the people doing it can fvck right off.

This 

I can understand Simms ripping pats for the Mac Jones treatment but most of us jet fans have never seen top level QB play outside of a few years.

We just lived through another QB the world told us to be patient with, that completely sucked.. our current QB has been hurt and suckes 90% of the time 

WTF do Simms expect from this frustrated and tired fan base? 

• Upvote 1

Go to an Eagles board, Pats board, Steelers board, Bills board etc any team with a semi passionate fan base and it’s the same thing. This isn’t exclusive to Jets fans. And Jets fans haven’t had anything to hang their hat on in YEARS.

As far as Chris Simms goes, he’s as bad at scouting QBs as the next guy. Also loves to backtrack.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

WTF with this rant. Who on here jumped him. True rant starts at 2:30. Calls Jet fans "annoying" at 2:55

Chris Simms is a sanctimonious idiot. I literally cannot stomach listening to him complain about our fanbase when people (like myself) buy season tickets every year to support this franchise despite the longest streak in the league without making the playoffs. With a few exceptions, most of us are Jets fans (not Zach Wilson fans) who want the quarterback (whoever that might be) to play well. If Simms loves Wilson so much, he should go adopt him. 

I'd also love to add that his derision of our fanbase because we "always like the back up QB" is ironic given that his brother Matt was once the flavor of the week around these parts. Did Simms have an issue when the fanbase was demanding to see Matt Simms?

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, football guy said:

Lol I was thinking the same. Say what you want about Zach, but we literally have a media and fan base that has zero patience in New York. The people who are calling for him to be benched because the team is ready to win now are the same ones who said the record doesn’t matter this year all that matters is his development and we need to see him play as many games as possible so we know what we have in him ?

I still remember when 75% of the fan base believed Quinnen Williams was a bust. It becomes too much sometimes 

This goes along with 20 years ago qbs wouldn't start for years... Even first round picks... 

This is why... They have growing pains

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Yeah, I don't recall many (if any) people on this site calling Quinnen a bust. The general consensus (prior to this year) was that Quinnen was good but that we expected more impact from a guy selected at number 3. 

This is not true... For years every topic was that he was a bust... Then it shifted to he isn't going to be worth his next contract... 

People were talking about trading him for a second rounder after his rookie year... 

45 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Yeah, I don't recall many (if any) people on this site calling Quinnen a bust. The general consensus (prior to this year) was that Quinnen was good but that we expected more impact from a guy selected at number 3. 

And any negativity towards Q was because we have a history of drafting interior tackles in the top 10 who were not worth 2nd contracts....terrible example. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Lol I was thinking the same. Say what you want about Zach, but we literally have a media and fan base that has zero patience in New York. The people who are calling for him to be benched because the team is ready to win now are the same ones who said the record doesn’t matter this year all that matters is his development and we need to see him play as many games as possible so we know what we have in him ?

I still remember when 75% of the fan base believed Quinnen Williams was a bust. It becomes too much sometimes 

That’s not universally true.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, football guy said:

The people who are calling for him to be benched because the team is ready to win now are the same ones who said the record doesn’t matter this year all that matters is his development and we need to see him play as many games as possible so we know what we have in him 

thats because at 5-2 things change. it would be demoralizing to this this fan base and the remaining 52 guys on this team if we cant win 50% of our remaining game to make the playoffs.

i dont think any of us can stand to watch Zach for 9 more games leave the pocket early, run around like a chicken without a head and then TRY to throw it out of Bounds. and hes been doing that all year. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, football guy said:

You can add Douglas, Ulbrich and Saleh to that list too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I remember plenty of guys saying he sucked and that we should have picked Ed Oliver.  Then it was he wasn’t playing to his draft position.    Then it was he s good but not worth what he will want in his next contract and we should trade him for picks.

3 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

This is not true... For years every topic was that he was a bust... Then it shifted to he isn't going to be worth his next contract... 

People were talking about trading him for a second rounder after his rookie year... 

just wait until the off season when people will be saying his extension will cost too much and jets should trade him for draft picks 

Sports is not a case of passive consumption. You can’t have passion for a team without also having opinions of it. Simms should know this since his literal livelihood is commentating on it.

Very much a “let them eat cake” moment for him.