Simms unloads on Jet fans, Calls them Annoying

kevinc855

6 hours ago, football guy said:

Lol I was thinking the same. Say what you want about Zach, but we literally have a media and fan base that has zero patience in New York

Can you truly blame Jets fans (even those outside of NY) for the lack of confidence on a shaky player after years of QB blunders? 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, undertow said:

This is the same guy who curses every 5 seconds on his podcast because he thinks it's edgy.  There's a ton of gatekeeping on how fans should behave lately and the people doing it can fvck right off.

I mean anyone who refers to their own podcast or well any podcast for that matter as “the pod” is cringy and not worth watching.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, doitny said:

thats because at 5-2 things change. it would be demoralizing to this this fan base and the remaining 52 guys on this team if we cant win 50% of our remaining game to make the playoffs.

i dont think any of us can stand to watch Zach for 9 more games leave the pocket early, run around like a chicken without a head and then TRY to throw it out of Bounds. and hes been doing that all year. 

it might be demoralizing to this team if they start out 5-2 and not make the playoffs but that just means they aren't preparing themselves right for success.  these guys need to know it's not going to be handed to them.  with 9 games remaining they still need to win 5 or more and right now their focus needs to be entirely on buffalo.  let's hope saleh and co don't let this team get too far over their skis.  i will say that one real indication that this team is different is if they win the game after the break.  how many times have we seen them completely flat in this game.  okay it's the patsies this season but that just means they need to play smarter and harder.  as some people have indicated, take away wilsons ints, and the patsies lose that game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it might be demoralizing to this team if they start out 5-2 and not make the playoffs but that just means they aren't preparing themselves right for success.  these guys need to know it's not going to be handed to them.  with 9 games remaining they still need to win 5 or more and right now their focus needs to be entirely on buffalo.  let's hope saleh and co don't let this team get too far over their skis.  i will say that one real indication that this team is different is if they win the game after the break.  how many times have we seen them completely flat in this game.  okay it's the patsies this season but that just means they need to play smarter and harder.  as some people have indicated, take away wilsons ints, and the patsies lose that game.

first you can't take away the ints, they are part of what he did. second, even without them there is no guarantee we win the game. they likely would have just been throw aways, sacks or incomplete because zach is a piece of crap player 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

WTF with this rant. Who on here jumped him. True rant starts at 2:30. Calls Jet fans "annoying" at 2:55

He's annoying, look at that face, do you hear that voice?  Who wears their shirt like that?

You know what I find annoying?  How disgusting his walk back is on Justin Fields has been this season after he viciously beat him down for zero reason.  Tore him down past Kellen F'ing Mond, the schlubs ate it up like Simms is some QB savant and now he's forced to tell the truth, he's the best of the bunch.

GFY Chriss Simms.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, football guy said:

Lol I was thinking the same. Say what you want about Zach, but we literally have a media and fan base that has zero patience in New York. The people who are calling for him to be benched because the team is ready to win now are the same ones who said the record doesn’t matter this year all that matters is his development and we need to see him play as many games as possible so we know what we have in him ?

I still remember when 75% of the fan base believed Quinnen Williams was a bust. It becomes too much sometimes 

Can you explain how they think the pressure numbers are salvageable and/or give an example of someone who’s overcome being that bad against pressure?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I would agree and I think we are going to see that type of work effort in the Buffalo game. 

Being realistic, the JETS should get handled pretty well by the Bills. They are simply a much better team at this point in time. While I was frustrated like everyone else after Sunday, reading alot of these posts, the different viewpoints and how others see the game, I think the Jets give the Bills a much better game than I would have expected as recent as Monday.

Not saying they pull the upset (although talk about the JETSY thing to do) but I don't think they come out flat and dont't think they get blown out.

Very important game for Zach and the people who coach him. Again, reading many of the posts since Sunday, he simply has too much talent to not be an NFL QB. The physical is there, the mental including seeing the field has to get resolved.

If it does, we might see that something special we have been waiting for.    

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Many of these guys just do not get it.  Many jets fans have had to deal with crap teams since before these guys were born and they blast jets fans.  We have been through QB after QB and coach after coach and GM after GM.  We are mostly still here. 

Know when Jets fans will be really annoying?  When they stop showing up or caring.  Like a number of other fan bases, especially highly spoiled ones like pats fans or steelers fans.

If we were to somehow win a Super Bowl, I promise you... there will be no more annoying group ever in the history of humanity. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

I just love it when someone says something like take this out and we are winning. I mean Zach still played poorly but just take these away. 

10 hours ago, football guy said:

Lol I was thinking the same. Say what you want about Zach, but we literally have a media and fan base that has zero patience in New York. The people who are calling for him to be benched because the team is ready to win now are the same ones who said the record doesn’t matter this year all that matters is his development and we need to see him play as many games as possible so we know what we have in him ?

I still remember when 75% of the fan base believed Quinnen Williams was a bust. It becomes too much sometimes 

Jets fans are annoying and Zach sucks (right now). These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Disagree with "these are the same people". A very large segment of posters before the season started were of the "if we are winning with Flacco, let him keep playing" mindset. THOSE are the people who want to bench Zach if he is stinking up the joint and costing us games. 

13 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Jets fans are annoying and Zach sucks (right now). These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Disagree with "these are the same people". A very large segment of posters before the season started were of the "if we are winning with Flacco, let him keep playing" mindset. THOSE are the people who want to bench Zach if he is stinking up the joint and costing us games. 

80-90 percent of this fan base is win at all costs.....the other 20 is all we care about is Zach. 

So when Zach stinks and costs you a football game because after 18 we have yet to see a complete game there is going to be anger. Not sure how that is annoying. 

I would say annoying is watching a QB scramble with zero idea what he is doing with the football and then throwing it to the other team

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I just love it when someone says something like take this out and we are winning. I mean Zach still played poorly but just take these away. 

i guess you miss the point then.  they are winning in spite of poor qb play.  but what's missing from most people is a clear change at qb to either flacco or white or even streveler.  and there was a good chance the jets win without the ints.  those led to 9 points.  obviously it's all water under the bridge. they got a L.  now they need to look forward to buffalo.

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I would agree and I think we are going to see that type of work effort in the Buffalo game. 

Being realistic, the JETS should get handled pretty well by the Bills. They are simply a much better team at this point in time. While I was frustrated like everyone else after Sunday, reading alot of these posts, the different viewpoints and how others see the game, I think the Jets give the Bills a much better game than I would have expected as recent as Monday.

Not saying they pull the upset (although talk about the JETSY thing to do) but I don't think they come out flat and dont't think they get blown out.

Very important game for Zach and the people who coach him. Again, reading many of the posts since Sunday, he simply has too much talent to not be an NFL QB. The physical is there, the mental including seeing the field has to get resolved.

If it does, we might see that something special we have been waiting for.    

the big issue i see for the jets with buffalo is keeping allen contained.  jones was able to make some key runs on sunday.  they can't let allen take off.  the offense is going to do what it does.  hopefully the oline run blocks better and they don't go away from the run if only down by a score with lots of time left.  and lets see wilson run a few times instead of trying to launch a prayer.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

I don’t think that’s (entirely) true and you’re minimizing the significance/severity of the concerns.

For a guy taken at #2 who hasn’t measurably flashed his “rare talent”, patience has been observed. And would continue to be observed if Zach was offering slices of potential and prosperity. The lack of intuitive progress is alarming - as it should be. Even for those in his camp, there ought to be a sense of urgency to diagnose the issue.  This is past normal.  

He has flashes. A lot. Like every game. You are biased and refuse to see it. He had 355 yards on 20 completions. You don’t do that without flashing 

If you want to boil down an entire performance down to a 2 yard overthrow and a bad throw away, that’s your problem. 

• More Ugh 1

16 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He has flashes. A lot. Like every game. You are biased and refuse to see it. He had 355 yards on 20 completions. You don’t do that without flashing 

If you want to boil down an entire performance down to a 2 yard overthrow and a bad throw away, that’s your problem. 

88 of that (25%), at the very least, was garbage time down 2 scores. This wasn't 355 yards and we lost 42-38. This isn't a good faith argument. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

88 of that (25%), at the very least, was garbage time down 2 scores. This wasn't 355 yards and we lost 42-38. This isn't a good faith argument. 

Nonsense he had 150 yards at the half and 200 with 10 mins left in the third 

down two scores is under no circumstances “garbage” time, 2 wins this year came in those situations 

Why are you so desperate to disregard positives? It’s almost like you don’t want to see a positive

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

46 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i guess you miss the point then.  they are winning in spite of poor qb play.  but what's missing from most people is a clear change at qb to either flacco or white or even streveler.  and there was a good chance the jets win without the ints.  those led to 9 points.  obviously it's all water under the bridge. they got a L.  now they need to look forward to buffalo.

Are you referring to Zach playing poorly in game we won that he didn't  throw a pick but still played poorly? Because there was something else missing besides no turnovers against the Pats called Breece Hall. 

14 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Nonsense he had 150 yards at the half and 200 with 10 mins left in the third 

down two scores is under no circumstances “garbage” time, 2 wins this year came in those situations 

Why are you so desperate to disregard positives? It’s almost like you don’t want to see a positive

Because the guy ******* sucks and the people who refuse to admit it do nothing to help thier other football opinions. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Let’s be honest here…

Fans of any team who care enough to post on a message board all the time about them are annoying idiots . I’m a prime example.

The only time we come off worse than when we’re losing, is when we’re winning. That’s when we become completely unbearable.

Good thing it only happens about once a decade

• Haha 3