Why doesn’t Hughes, Cimini, and Costello rip Laken Tomlinson?

Mario

1 hour ago, Mario said:

Funny how they only want to tear Zach apart in an effort to manufacture a QB controversy (good for media). How do they not call out our biggest $ free agent who has been absolute trash? 

Because nobody cares about anything except an OT on the OL. Also his name isn't  Becton or AVT who are apparently  the only OL anyone cares about. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mario said:

Funny how they only want to tear Zach apart in an effort to manufacture a QB controversy (good for media). How do they not call out our biggest $ free agent who has been absolute trash? 

Zach has been bad but he's also been great at escaping pressure so the sack numbers don't look so bad. 

If we stick mike white in there, the issues with the line would magnified. 

• Upvote 2

fwiw Laken had a very good game against NE 

0 pressures, solid in the run game 

he started slow but he's their best lineman currently 

Connor McGovern by the way has been mediocre in pass protection since he got here and that dude gets endless passes from the media 

the bottom line is the franchise QB is supposed to make everyone better

guys like Cedric Ogbouhi shouldn't be starting for any team 

but if the QB needs everything to be perfect around him he's not a franchise QB 

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, bitonti said:

fwiw Laken had a very good game against NE 

0 pressures, solid in the run game 

he started slow but he's their best lineman currently 

Connor McGovern by the way has been mediocre in pass protection since he got here and that dude gets endless passes from the media 

the bottom line is the franchise QB is supposed to make everyone better

guys like Cedric Ogbouhi shouldn't be starting for any team 

but if the QB needs everything to be perfect around him he's not a franchise QB 

Franchise QB's aren't elite after 18 games. It took a year at least for any of them to reach that stature.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Franchise QB's aren't elite after 18 games. It took a year at least for any of them to reach that stature.

They show flashes of it. Everyone talks about Mannings 28 ints he also threw 26 td as a rookie 

Watching the condensed pats game again, the difference between fqb and not is fundamentals

Zach sets his feet and steps up into the pocket they win that game. Too many back foot off balance throws. Especially on the 2nd int throwaway. He's got a tons of arm strength but you can't get away with it in this league 

Additional he has problems finding anything but his first read 

These problems can be fixed but it's tough to see that happening in the season itself. 

As Geno Smith career is proving It's a fix over months and years not days and weeks. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

They show flashes of it. Everyone talks about Mannings 28 ints he also threw 26 td as a rookie 

Watching the condensed pats game again, the difference between fqb and not is fundamentals

Zach sets his feet and steps up into the pocket they win that game. Too many back foot off balance throws. Especially on the 2nd int throwaway. He's got a tons of arm strength but you can't get away with it in this league 

These problems can be fixed but it's tough to see that happening in the season itself. 

As Geno Smith career is proving It's a fix over months and years not days and weeks. 

Wondering where and when you were able to watch condensed game.  Thank you.

14 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

Wondering where and when you were able to watch condensed game.  Thank you.

I am a subscriber to nfl plus 

La de da, they get my money 

It gives me the Spanish language radio feed when it's happening, the guy says Si Senor as a catch phrase it's great.

full replay right after and the condensed game like 3-4 hours later 

Lately my move is to bet on the entire spread of games, turn my phone off (golf if it's nice) and binge watch the game Sunday night plus like 2 more.

Side note The Atl-Car game was interesting. Who thought 71 points would be scored? Eddy piniero btw str8 up lost that game for them

I'll binge like 4 condensed on Monday and the rest on Tuesday. I do watch mnf and tnf live and it's usually agonizing 

I talk alot of bull crap on this site but I've been watching a lot of damn football games and making asinine comments requires context 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I am a subscriber to nfl plus 

La de da, they get my money 

It gives me the Spanish language radio feed when it's happening, the guy says Si Senor as a catch phrase it's great.

full replay right after and the condensed game like 3-4 hours later 

Lately my move is to bet on the entire spread of games, turn my phone off (golf if it's nice) and binge watch the game Sunday night plus like 2 more.

Side note The Atl-Car game was interesting. Who thought 71 points would be scored? Eddy piniero btw str8 up lost that game for them

I'll binge like 4 condensed on Monday and the rest on Tuesday. I do watch mnf and tnf live and it's usually agonizing 

I talk alot of bull crap on this site but I've been watching a lot of damn football games and making asinine comments requires context 

LOL, and thanks.  You can’t beat getting good info and a good chuckle in the same post.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, undertow said:

It's interesting how the people who have conniption fits if you criticize Zachey poo and called you negative are currently bashing the whole team and coaching staff....me personally I just think the QB is dog sh*t. 

You really think that?   No one could have ever guessed…

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

Translation: When Zack learns how to play Quarterback, he'll be just fine.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mario said:

maybe they're afraid of being jambed into a locker like todd did to serby.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wanted to make a joke about blaming Tomlinson, but there’s definitely some truth to the OP’s point—the Jets are due for a lot of regression and 100% of the criticism is going to land on Zach Wilson, which probably isn’t completely fair.

Thanks Tom