Joe Flacco on his demotion to QB3

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It’s pretty simple. Wilson has proven to be the unquestioned QB1 so they’d rather have Mike White get backup reps to develop as our backup next year

LOL it’s to get White backup reps so they know whether or not he’s up for competing for QB1 next year as Zach has shown he sucks and isn’t getting any less sucky.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

In addition to any preference for White as the QB2 heading into Buffalo, it could also be that Douglas was trying to trade Flacco & didn't want him getting injured. In terms of upping his trade value there wasn't anything for Flacco to prove on the field one way or the other, had Wilson gotten injured and Flacco stepped in. Maybe he did have a feeler put out for a backup QB swap & that'll get revealed in time. Who knows.

Anyway it doesn't have to be all one reason; could be a confluence of multiple rationalizations:

• Douglas didn't want him to get injured before the trade deadline
  • The line being less than stellar, and Flacco being less mobile than White (or than a rooted oak tree for that matter) 
  • Wilson's handle on the QB1 duties not exactly ironclad no matter what, and possibly getting White some on-field action to help decide their offseason plans should it come to that

Plus whatever else that might seem insignificant taken by itself, but merely adds to it.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Flacco had a lot more per-game volume than Zach did, but he was almost as bad as Zach in terms of efficiency. I do not think the org actively wants to bench Zach Wilson, but moving White up the depth chart is an acknowledgement of the reality that Wilson’s current level of play is unacceptable and they need a viable contingency plan if he doesn’t improve over the next three weeks. There is a lot of pressure on Zach, and Saleh, the org is no longer worried about Zach’s feelings on the matter. Rosenblatt speculated that if Zach is bad against the Bills and the Pats (post-BYE), he’s going to force the team’s hand.

Please god, I hope that's true.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It’s pretty simple. Wilson has proven to be the unquestioned QB1 so they’d rather have Mike White get backup reps to develop as our backup next year

he's only the number 1 because of the draft slot he was taken in. his performance deserves to have him benched. he hasn't proven he deserves to be unquestioned at anything

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

LOL it’s to get White backup reps so they know whether or not he’s up for competing for QB1 next year as Zach has shown he sucks and isn’t getting any less sucky.

Exactly.  They want to know if White can compete as a stopgap starter if they move on from Wilson.

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Exactly.  They want to know if White can compete as a stopgap starter if they move on from Wilson.

oh unless joe douglas is an idiot he is already planing on how to move on from zach wilson. the only thing that would stop that plan is zach making a miraculous turnaround

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I think what you say is true, but I think there is more to it than that. 

The Jets offensive line is porous, and Joe Flacco is pretty much an immovable object at QB.  White, who is younger and more mobile, makes a better fit for this offense right now.  He can move better than Flacco, and after having witnessed what Zach needs to do to avoid sacks, the logical move is to have White as the backup.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Flacco had a lot more per-game volume than Zach did, but he was almost as bad as Zach in terms of efficiency. I do not think the org actively wants to bench Zach Wilson, but moving White up the depth chart is an acknowledgement of the reality that Wilson’s current level of play is unacceptable and they need a viable contingency plan if he doesn’t improve over the next three weeks. There is a lot of pressure on Zach, and Saleh, and the org is no longer worried about Zach’s feelings on the matter. Rosenblatt speculated that if Zach is bad against the Bills and the Pats (post-BYE), he’s going to force the team’s hand.

Been saying this since the loss. If he craps the bed against the Pats again, that’s it.

we just played them, we will be coming off a bye. He cannot absolutely suck in that game.

• Upvote 2

Lots of questions about things this season.  Why start Flacco the first few games if White is going to move past him by half way through the season?

why promote Stev and then deactivate him the same week?

why is two WR asking for a trade?

why has a 2nd round WR, who showed promise last year not getting any targets?

Some lazy posters will answer all by saying Wilson sucks, and I am not saying he doesn’t.  

Something is going on with this team and the coaching staff.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Why start Flacco the first few games if White is going to move past him by half way through the season?

because Flacco is probably the best QB on the team. so they started him the 1st few games. but now they are coming around to the idea that they are going to have to bench Zach. could be for just a half or a game but its coming. they probably want to see what White has. dont think they will or can tender him again. need to see if they keep has as a backup next year.

19 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

why promote Stev and then deactivate him the same week?

they do this all the time. they did the same to Bam. Yeboah gets it done almost every few weeks. 

20 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

why is two WR asking for a trade?

well Mims was low on the depth chart. Davis, GW, Moore, Berrios. how do you put Mims pass them after what we seen last year. they little time he saw he kept getting LOS penalties for lining up in the wrong spot. the kid wants to play more and i dont think he gets that chance here. same with Moore. he was targets.

24 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

why has a 2nd round WR, who showed promise last year not getting any targets?

yeah this ones on Zach. after what we seen these 5 weeks were he leaves the pocket too early Zach has a problem. look when Zach leave the pocket early someone was the 1st target on those plays. some might have been Moore. plus Zach rarely gets around to targets 2 and 3. 

30 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Something is going on with this team and the coaching staff.  

i dont think so. Moore got targets with Flacco. everyone says its because Flacco threw it more. Flacco threw it 59, 44, 52 times in 3 games. in those 3 game Moore had 7, 5 and 9 targets. Sunday Zach threw it 41 times and targeted Moore once.

lets face it GW is better than Moore. so why would you make Moore a #1 target on any play.? Moore is a 2nd and 3rd option and Zach just isnt finding him. too many times he is running before he looks at those secondary targets.

i know your looking to blame the CS but Zach is a problem. they are limited in what they can do with him.

• Upvote 1

The Jets are a team in serious playoff contention midway through a season. An injury to QB1 can happen at any time.

The only logical explanation is that Mike White is doing well in practice, and the team has the most confidence in him to win games should Zach go down due to injury or need to be replaced due to poor performance.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, doitny said:

because Flacco is probably the best QB on the team. so they started him the 1st few games. but now they are coming around to the idea that they are going to have to bench Zach. could be for just a half or a game but its coming. they probably want to see what White has. dont think they will or can tender him again. need to see if they keep has as a backup next year.

they do this all the time. they did the same to Bam. Yeboah gets it done almost every few weeks. 

well Mims was low on the depth chart. Davis, GW, Moore, Berrios. how do you put Mims pass them after what we seen last year. they little time he saw he kept getting LOS penalties for lining up in the wrong spot. the kid wants to play more and i dont think he gets that chance here. same with Moore. he was targets.

yeah this ones on Zach. after what we seen these 5 weeks were he leaves the pocket too early Zach has a problem. look when Zach leave the pocket early someone was the 1st target on those plays. some might have been Moore. plus Zach rarely gets around to targets 2 and 3. 

i dont think so. Moore got targets with Flacco. everyone says its because Flacco threw it more. Flacco threw it 59, 44, 52 times in 3 games. in those 3 game Moore had 7, 5 and 9 targets. Sunday Zach threw it 41 times and targeted Moore once.

lets face it GW is better than Moore. so why would you make Moore a #1 target on any play.? Moore is a 2nd and 3rd option and Zach just isnt finding him. too many times he is running before he looks at those secondary targets.

i know your looking to blame the CS but Zach is a problem. they are limited in what they can do with him.

Like I said, people will just blame Zach, I don’t think it’s all him. Something else is going on.   

I don’t know what it is, I think at some point it will become public.