Did Anyone Notice the Ref Threw the Flag AFTER MC intercepted the ball?

21 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Wonder if anyone also picked up on the fact the refs only threw the flag for a late hit after Michael Carter had picked the ball off and was already running the other way.

Don’t tell me that. That late hit penalty changed everything. It changed my mindset. I just knew after that pick six didn’t count that the Jets would fall apart and sure enough it happened. I think the players and fans at the game all had the same feeling. It just sucks that the penalty happened. If it wasn’t a pick 6 and just an incomplete pass and the penalty happened I don’t think it effects the game and mindsets as much if at all. The fact that it was a pick 6 derailed everything!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, PS17 said:

How many times does JFM have to do this before he gets benched or screamed at? He did the same sh*t against Cincinnati which effectively kept the Bengals on the field after a big third down stop. 

They scored the following play on like a 50 yard TD when Whitehead missed a tackle. JFM, next to Wilson, has been our biggest issue

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You win some, you lose some.

Refs cost Denver the game against us by not ruling Zach's fumble as the fumble it so very clearly was.  But Denver had plenty of time to overcome it, they just didn't.

Refs cost us the game vs. New England by calling a late hit, that was clearly a late hit, a late hit.  But we had plenty of time to overcome it, we just didn't.

Is what it is, next time don't late hit the QB on a pick 6.

Shocker that you would take this stance 

• More Ugh 4

NFL is trash and there is zero reason these unnecessary whatever penalties should affect the play.  Add it onto the end.

That's like calling unsportsmanlike conduct on Sauce for celebrating while MCII ran down the sidelines and then taking the touchdown away.  You don't do that.  It's the same sh!t with kickers.  Who cares if a dude running full speed bumps into your leg.  Let the return happen and tack it on at the end.

Penalties should equate to yards, not opportunities.  The dumb rules are only getting dumber.  It's not who plays football better, it's who plays the rules better.  A Sham.

17 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Don’t tell me that. That late hit penalty changed everything. It changed my mindset. I just knew after that pick six didn’t count that the Jets would fall apart and sure enough it happened. I think the players and fans at the game all had the same feeling. It just sucks that the penalty happened. If it wasn’t a pick 6 and just an incomplete pass and the penalty happened I don’t think it effects the game and mindsets as much if at all. The fact that it was a pick 6 derailed everything!

Yes, but, it is an important learning experience for the Jets as a team to overcome that type of play. They could not against the Bengals, they could not against NE. They need to get into a mindset as a team that when that occurs just forget it and still play loose and with composure. After that occurred what I saw was the whole team playing tight. The kicker missed a FG he should have made and could have impacted the game, the punter shanked a punt. Mosley missed an INT, a fumble occurred the D didn’t recover. And Zak was trying to do too much with 3 INTs and still doesn’t understand you can’t play that way especially against NE. So, they need to let it be a learning experience they need to fix from players to coaches. We would feel even worse if we do not learn this and it occurs in even bigger games down the line like a game to get into the playoffs or in the playoffs.

16 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

NFL is trash and there is zero reason these unnecessary whatever penalties should affect the play.  Add it onto the end.

That's like calling unsportsmanlike conduct on Sauce for celebrating while MCII ran down the sidelines and then taking the touchdown away.  You don't do that.  It's the same sh!t with kickers.  Who cares if a dude running full speed bumps into your leg.  Let the return happen and tack it on at the end.

Penalties should equate to yards, not opportunities.  The dumb rules are only getting dumber.  It's not who plays football better, it's who plays the rules better.  A Sham.

Agree, but if the penalty doesn't sting enough, then it'd be open season on QBs.

It's more the timing. When these penalties are assessed, that had no impact on the play, and it results in a 2-score swing on the scoreboard like this, an extra possession for Green Bay for a coach (obviously inadvertently) getting slightly in the way for a split-second, or however many between this past Sunday & Gastineau getting a bit extra-playful with Kosar. 

Same crime, but different effective punishment when it's on 3rd (or 4th) down. Like unsportsmanlike penalties getting assessed on/after a kickoff. It's not even a penalty to assess it before the KO (pretty sure these guys can bury it at will w/o the extra 15 yds), and even if the starting field position change isn't totally meaningless it isn't the same as changing the down/distance. 

Or alternatively... the team's HC could just instill it in his pass rushers' heads to not tackle (or otherwise push to the ground) the QB when it's obvious said player knows the ball is out. I get the cumulative effect of hitting a QB & making him jumpy and uncomfortable, but not on 3rd down or with long (likely going to punt) yards to go, ffs. 

23 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I hate the call and yes, it was late but it was the right one based on the stupid rules of this league and JFM should know that rule, better than anyone. 

My problem with the rule and in general for many penalties in the NFL , they are called so inconsistently. What's  a penalty in one game or for one team doesn't get called for another. I know it will slow down games but IMO any major personal foul penalty should be reviewed , it won't prevent the one's that aren't called but it may help to get the ones called right.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

My problem with the rule and in general for many penalties in the NFL , they are called so inconsistently. What's  a penalty in one game or for one team doesn't get called for another. I know it will slow down games but IMO any major personal foul penalty should be reviewed , it won't prevent the one's that aren't called but it may help to get the ones called right.  

No doubt, 100%.  It's unreal.  In the very same game, they called unnecessary roughness on the Jets for hitting Mac Jones as he ran and fought for a 1st down.  It's a huge part of the deterioration of the league.

• Upvote 1

The late hit penalty on JFM was justified, and I actually called it while watching live and the ball was still in the air.

The personal foul penalty on Mosley was MUCH more of a blatantly incorrect call by the refs.

In that situation, Jones must be treated as a runner who is lunging forward to gain extra yards (in this case trying to gain a first down). It is complete nonsense that Mosley was barred from trying to make the tackle/stop in that situation.

And the worst part is that the refs knew that the flag was questionable since they huddled together to discuss it, but still manged to not pick up the flag.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Bingo, the issue has long been not so much with the rules themselves (as debatable as some of them may be), but the wild levels of clear bias that runs rampant throughout NFL officiating, which continues to get only worse.

Forget even the Jets, it's clearly a bad sign when you can't help but get annoyed by the completely incompetent officiating in games between two teams you don't really even give a crap about it.

• Upvote 1

the nfl has brought this on itself with the brady rules.  sure we don't want to see the qb knocked out of the game and he should be protected from injury but then they also shouldn't be allowed to blatantly throw the ball away to avoid a sack or throw the ball while being wrapped up by a defensive players.  in my opinion the in the grasp rule needs to be better enforced and so does intentional grounding.

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, Big_Slick said:

It was the correct call and Saleh should have been yelling at JFM and not the ref.

50 years ago that was NOT a penalty. But then again there were no penalties called 50 years ago. Real Football#  

Did I do the hashtag thing right? 

• Upvote 1