Dolphins fan in South FL for game gets pistol whipped.

DANIA BEACH, FLA. (WSVN) - A person in town for a Miami Dolphins game was robbed and roughed up at a South Florida hotel. 

It all happened early last Monday morning at the Comfort Suites near the 300 block of North Federal Highway. 

The victim told deputies he was asleep in his room when he heard a knock on the door thinking it was his roommate. 

Surveillance footage showed a woman in a red dress and a white hat, and a man with a red hoodie and camouflage pants.

The victim said he was held at gunpoint and pistol-whipped. 

After rummaging through his room and stealing cash, electronics and other items, the suspected crooks made their exit.

Miami turning into a real sh*t hole. Broward County following right along. Just thought this was ironic, Dolphins fan in town to enjoy the game and gets pistol whipped. Damn Jets fans. 

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Florida sucks. Insects, unbearable heat and astronomical  car insurance rates.   No thank you masked man.

Here in NY/NJ it kinda sucks, too. Rats, unbearable cold, and at least by average rates our car insurance is higher than FL (though all 3 do suck), and they don’t bother with the trouble of wearing masks to rob you. Too inconvenient lol.

Also it’s the humidity, not the heat. In the winter it’s fine down there. In the summer it’s absolutely disgusting, like breathing in hot soup. It’s more comfortable in the desert with the temp 10-20 degrees hotter.

Eventually I have to find someplace to go, where my talent for complaining about where I am will be of little to no use.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Here in NY/NJ it kinda sucks, too. Rats, unbearable cold, and at least by average rates our car insurance is higher than FL (though all 3 do suck), and they don’t bother with the trouble of wearing masks to rob you. Too inconvenient lol.

Also it’s the humidity, not the heat. In the winter it’s fine down there. In the summer it’s absolutely disgusting, like breathing in hot soup. It’s more comfortable in the desert with the temp 10-20 degrees hotter.

Eventually I have to find someplace to go, where my talent for complaining about where I am will be of little to no use.

I dunno why so many NY/NJ folks are programmed to think it’s either NY/NJ, Florida or bust when it comes to the east coast.

NC is awesome.  Beach one side of the state, mountains the other.  Hard to beat.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno why so many NY/NJ folks are programmed to think it’s either NY/NJ, Florida or bust when it comes to the east coast.

NC is awesome.  Beach one side of the state, mountains the other.  Hard to beat.  

I was just comparing FL to where most of us live. You’re reading into it too much. I did reference the desert, too.

I’m not a beach person in the first place — sand is a horrible thing. I do like the mountains. Haven’t spent more than a week in NC, but with more than a few friends there it has its own ups and downs. Regardless, I’m not delusional enough to think I’m ever going anywhere Mrs. Sperm doesn’t pick out herself. I can try to steer & influence, but unfortunately she’s smarter than I am.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I was just comparing FL to where most of us live. You’re reading into it too much. I did reference the desert, too.

I’m not a beach person in the first place — sand is a horrible thing. I do like the mountains. Haven’t spent more than a week in NC, but with more than a few friends there it has its own ups and downs. Regardless, I’m not delusional enough to think I’m ever going anywhere Mrs. Sperm doesn’t pick out herself. I can try to steer & influence, but unfortunately she’s smarter than I am.

You missed the caveat where I said “when it comes to the east coast”.  I know you mentioned the desert but it’s much harder to move 3 time zones away than it is to take a drive down I-95.  

Even though you might not be programmed to think NY/NJ and Florida are the only options I know there are many who are from up there.  

Since your wife is the smart one I have no doubt you’ll end up in NC at some point.  :) 

Stayed in Ocean Isle Beach once and loved it - but it's still not better than Northern Michigan in the summer. I'm not an ocean guy, sand guy or fishing guy, so being near the ocean does nothing for me. Northern Michigan from May to October is unbeatable.

NC is not terrible at all, but come winter I need a place consistently warm where I can golf.  I hate humidity like the plague - so Arizona in the winter once I retire is looking promising. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I bet she was a hooker.

Lol.  Yup.

Can you imagine the looks on the cops faces when this guy was telling his story.

So we're supposed to believe he was just innocently sleeping in his room when some dude and a woman randomly picked his door to knock on to see if there was anyone inside to rob?

ok buddy.

My advice, stay off of craigslist.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’ve always found the Carolinas to be meh.

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Living by the beach in unbearable heat and humidity was my lifelong dream, but there are many places in Mexico where northerners come to retire in the mountains where the temps are much more temperate, even chilly at night, especially in the winter months. Lake Chapala (Ajijic) is the oldest such community and has so many gringos that they have their own American Legion and English library. Way too many of them for me but, if I were so inclined, small cities like San Miguel, Cuernavaca, or Oaxaca, would be where I would look. The low cost of living makes this a great country to base a travel heavy retirement. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Living by the beach in unbearable heat and humidity was my lifelong dream, but there are many places in Mexico where northerners come to retire in the mountains where the temps are much more temperate, even chilly at night, especially in the winter months. Lake Chapala (Ajijic) is the oldest such community and has so many gringos that they have their own American Legion and English library. Way too many of them for me but, if I were so inclined, small cities like San Miguel, Cuernavaca, or Oaxaca, would be where I would look. The low cost of living makes this a great country to base a travel heavy retirement. 

I'll propose it at the next Spermigration meeting.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I have ventured here there everywhere in search of a comfortable climate, a reasonable social mindset, an area that’s financially equitable to match my profession. Went to California- impossibly expensive, lived in NY my whole life, sick of it, went to Florida, hated it hate hate hate. Went to N Carolina, nice but cheapskates when it comes to paying me, Chicago, Nashville - again cheapskates, No way I could survive there on what they’d pay me. So now I’m near Boston, where my daughter lives. Pay is good! Traffic sucks the big one but it’s a fair change from NY where I was bored. Just lived in NY so long I needed a change. When I retire I’ll probably head back to N Carolina - the winters there are mild at least and it’s cheaper to live there. For now I’ll be freezing my butt off in N England taking my life in my hands wearing my Jets jacket. Let’s Go Jets!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, slats said:

on my way!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Georgia is pretty nice too. I like Atlanta. If I were still on the East Coast, that would be an option also.

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:23 PM, FTL Jet Fan said:

DANIA BEACH, FLA. (WSVN) - A person in town for a Miami Dolphins game was robbed and roughed up at a South Florida hotel. 

It all happened early last Monday morning at the Comfort Suites near the 300 block of North Federal Highway. 

The victim told deputies he was asleep in his room when he heard a knock on the door thinking it was his roommate. 

Surveillance footage showed a woman in a red dress and a white hat, and a man with a red hoodie and camouflage pants.

The victim said he was held at gunpoint and pistol-whipped. 

After rummaging through his room and stealing cash, electronics and other items, the suspected crooks made their exit.

Miami turning into a real sh*t hole. Broward County following right along. Just thought this was ironic, Dolphins fan in town to enjoy the game and gets pistol whipped. Damn Jets fans. 

2o1e90.jpg

Edited by SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, F.Chowds said:

I'm a native Long Islander, have lived in 7 different states, east and west coast, I live in Charlotte now and you could not pay me to leave.   

I’m with you on that I’m done with FL. It has become a cesspool. Lived all over the U.S., always loved the Carolinas.  Really enjoyed the West Coast especially the PNW, back in the early 90’s, now not so much. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, F.Chowds said:

I'm a native Long Islander, have lived in 7 different states, east and west coast, I live in Charlotte now and you could not pay me to leave.   

I went there for a few hours while looking for a place to land. I guess I should have stayed at least a day.  I hear its nice there. I may have given it a whirl but in my profession its so difficult to find a good paying job outside of NY, CA, FL, Mass.   :(

• Upvote 1