Lets play a game called "Count the open receivers while Zach runs in circles"

Facts

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

he couldn't hit his plate with a fork.   100 % bust. 

I don't think this is the problem.  His accuracy has improved from last year.  His processing speed and decision making is still lagging.  I also think he's playing scared which slows him down, messes with his footwork, etc.  

12 minutes ago, Facts said:

This forum doesn’t let you attach videos.

And no, movement doesn’t make a guy that has no one within 10 yards of him suddenly become “not open”.

Your post is the type of post people write to try to continue living in ignorance. That is all.

Agree to disagree. Those players that are 10 yards apart are not stationary and if the QB is not looking at the "open" receiver at that moment, by the time the QB swings his head around to the "open" receiver he is no longer open.  

19 minutes ago, Facts said:

wrong-drumpf.gif.8cde9df318f85fb379d22aa8ab58be0c.gif

If he throws to him NOW (pic below), there is 0.0% chance the defender can make a play on the ball.

ZERO.

He threw it so late that the defender in red made it all the way to the goal line to break up the pass.

1b.thumb.png.04cf5baf8e801d5ba19367843e053c1e.png

There have been countless throws the past few games where Zach is horribly late, like he knows when he should throw it but just hesitates instead, then throws it 1-2 seconds later.

Another point is Zach has yet to throw anyone open this year.  He rarely did it last year either.  Amazing how he played with receivers like Tarik Black and Keelan Cole last year and he is still not improving with the weapons he has.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I don't think this is the problem.  His accuracy has improved from last year.  His processing speed and decision making is still lagging.  I also think he's playing scared which slows him down, messes with his footwork, etc.  

meaning.  he can throw a ball through a tire. 

he cant throw a ball to a pass catcher in a live play unless...

that player is a member of the opposing defense. 

let's sum it up quickly, accurately and pragmatically 

he sucks

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Back foot throw bust 

The problem with Zach is he watches good QBs make throws like this then assumes that this is the norm. He modeled his game after Rodgers, a savvy QB who knows when to leverage his unorthodox traits and when not to. Zach still needs to learn the balance. He needs to stick to "boring football" as his coach puts it, until he learns the game.

This is horrendous. How is this even possible? Why should the coaching staff keep Zach Wilson on the field? Every game he isn't seeing open receivers! He's the reason our passing game has ALWAYS SUCKED when he's out there. This is much worse than I thought 

He has to be benched for the rest of the season if this happens again vs Buffalo. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mario said:

The Zach Wilson hate this week is really insufferable. 5 games into year 2 and everyone wants to dump him. Eli Manning would not have had a career if he got drafted in 2020. 

It’s not 5 games 

game 1 - everyone loved what he did vs pitt

game 2 - virtually flawless performance 

games 3-4: conservative, run heavy game plan vs #1 and #2 pass D in NFL, no turnovers, wins 

game 5: 355 yards 2 TDs. Throws three picks and people lose their minds 

this fanbase is an embarrassment 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 2

4 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

This is horrendous. How is this even possible? Why should the coaching staff keep Zach Wilson on the field? Every game he isn't seeing open receivers! He's the reason our passing game has ALWAYS SUCKED when he's out there. This is much worse than I thought 

He has to be benched for the rest of the season if this happens again vs Buffalo. 

No worries.  Zach won't have any time to ignore receivers.  Von Miller is going to go off.   I see at least three sacks, one of them a strip sack.  Oh, and maybe an INT or three.

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

It’s not 5 games 

games 3-4: conservative, run heavy game plan vs #1 and #2 pass D in NFL, no turnovers, wins 

It’s not just the fan base. The media is feeding this narrative hard. 

okay, i will say i am less inclined to give wilson the benefit of the doubt.  the only thing i will say is without seeing the video it's hard to see if those db's were coming up on the receivers or moving away.  it also looked like many of those passes would have needed to be thrown well before the picture was taken.  of course that speaks to timing patterns, trusting the receivers, and instinct.  it also speaks to having a move the chain attitude as opposed for going for the big catch.  clearly the patsies knocked wilson well off his game.  la fleur played into it by not running the ball with the score still manageable and plenty of clock.  the defense was playing well enough that the patsies probably wouldn't have been able to score if the jets did get on top.

we can only hope wilson figures this out.  if he doesn't the whole team will be let down.

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It’s not 5 games 

Aren't you part of it?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

i think the biggest problem is that he really doesn’t want to run the system that the coaches are asking him to run.  He says it’s boring.  He’d rather run around like a headless chicken and try to make a spectacular play than dump a ball off to the safety value for 3 or 4 yards when he’s under a heavy rush.  I think his biggest flaw right now is his arrogance.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i think the biggest problem is that he really doesn’t want to run the system that the coaches are asking him to run.  He says it’s boring.  He’d rather run around like a headless chicken and try to make a spectacular play than dump a ball off to the safety value for 3 or 4 yards when he’s under a heavy rush.  I think his biggest flaw right now is his arrogance.

Very interesting take.  Thanks for this one.