Lets play a game called "Count the open receivers while Zach runs in circles"

Facts

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Oh God, I hate you so much.   The idea of fresh picked chanterelles is amazing.   Do you have your wild mushroom certification?   Back in Italy, my family were mushroom foragers. 

No cert, but the island is a mushroom foraging paradise. This time of year the land around is swollen with chanterelles, king bolets/porcini, lobster mushroom, pine, cauliflower, etc. good excuse to drag my dirtbag children out of the house and into the wild. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

No cert, but the island is a mushroom foraging paradise. This time of year the land around is swollen with chanterelles, king bolets/porcini, lobster mushroom, pine, cauliflower, etc. good excuse to drag my dirtbag children out of the house and into the wild. 

Dude, that's absolutely wonderful.  You and your family have been blessed to live in such a place.  Yup, as much as they complain, expose your kids to the forest.  They will thank you later in life.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Dude, that's absolutely wonderful.  You and your family have been blessed to live in such a place.  Yup, as much as they complain, expose your kids to the forest.  They will thank you later in life.

Thanks. They’re into it now. Bit of a competition to see whose bag has the most after a couple of hours in the woods - which by the way is good for the soul as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Thanks. They’re into it now. Bit of a competition to see whose bag has the most after a couple of hours in the woods - which by the way is good for the soul as well. 

I can only imagine how incredible your kitchen smells cooking up that bounty.  A bit of shallots, white wine, s&p would have my head swimming.

Funny, just telling my son about my forest/woods exploits in Italy, France, the Adirondacks, Sierras, Cascades..... It's been too many years I care to count when I have enjoyed the peaceful solitude and landscape.  The smell of the pines and sleeping on a pine needle forest floor. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This guy who sounds 15 years old could see it before the draft 

“Wilson also shows a disturbing tendency to chuck up the ball for grabs.  Something you’d expect to see from a high school quarterback…”

Jets braintrust is blind 

UTSA lol. These are the teams he played. No wonder he looked so good on tape

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mario said:

The Zach Wilson hate this week is really insufferable. 5 games into year 2 and everyone wants to dump him. Eli Manning would not have had a career if he got drafted in 2020. 

Eli Manning was drafted before the Ty Law rule came into effect.  It's never been easier to be a QB than it is right now.  Eli's performance and numbers his first couple years would have looked a lot better had he been drafted in 2020.

Even still, in year 2, Eli Manning threw for nearly 4,000 yards and a 24:17 TD:INT ratio.  If Zach was trending in that direction we'd all be creaming our pants.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Im starting to think that Zach just doesnt know the difference between "NFL open" and "college open".

"NFL open" is a much smaller window than college. ALL of these in the photos below are WIDE OPEN by NFL standards!!

How many first downs and TD's are not happening due to not throwing to "NFL open" guys? Think of that next time you want to blame the OC.

1.thumb.png.c5845430f9d54072434fdd54a148ee8b.png

3.thumb.png.56b742d8f475170f80d1619c77e1a766.png

2.thumb.png.befa8e18f089f75274e8af7864db44e1.png

4.thumb.png.180ba38f4df64f7cb71e5b5f4cb5271a.png

5a.png.66bdae561b6eb2e8c167c799c9252991.png

5b.thumb.png.352261e52d802c993970923d14f328c6.png

I like the last one where the guy and like hey right here Zach!!

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Yes Carter is fast and the ball needs to travel to a point where he is going to be not where he is genius 

but Carter waving his hands tells you he was supposed to get it there, not in the end zone. unless you think Carter messed up the play. usually, receivers wave their hands at the end of their route not 10 yards before.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Funny, just telling my son about my forest/woods exploits in Italy, France, the Adirondacks, Sierras, Cascades..... It's been too many years I care to count when I have enjoyed the peaceful solitude and landscape.  The smell of the pines and sleeping on a pine needle forest floor. 

Night Sky Space GIF by Storyful

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It’s not 5 games 

game 1 - everyone loved what he did vs pitt

game 2 - virtually flawless performance 

games 3-4: conservative, run heavy game plan vs #1 and #2 pass D in NFL, no turnovers, wins 

game 5: 355 yards 2 TDs. Throws three picks and people lose their minds 

this fanbase is an embarrassment 

game 1- everybody forgets the horrible 1st 3 qts where he threw for 25%. still ended the game at 50%

game 2- not flawless but not bad either

game 3- even if your not ask to throw it much you think he can complete the ones he throws? 55% is unacceptable

game 4- did we forget the scary throws and the fumble that should have been. 

game 5- even without the 3 INTs he threw for 48%. that is the most important stat. you cant have your QB this bad at completing passes. its kinda what QBs are supposed to do. and for the 5 games as you say he is a league worst 54%.

not to mention he has been doing his chicken dance in all 5 games. but most of this board refused to see anything as long as we won. i would have loved to see the look on their faces when they finally woke up from that spell and realized we have a serious QB problem

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

game 1- everybody forgets the horrible 1st 3 qts where he threw for 25%. still ended the game at 50%

game 2- not flawless but not bad either

game 3- even if your not ask to throw it much you think he can complete the ones he throws? 55% is unacceptable

game 4- did we forget the scary throws and the fumble that should have been. 

game 5- even without the 3 INTs he threw for 48%. that is the most important stat. you cant have your QB this bad at completing passes. its kinda what QBs are supposed to do. and for the 5 games as you say he is a league worst 54%.

not to mention he has been doing his chicken dance in all 5 games. but most of this board refused to see anything as long as we won. i would have loved to see the look on their faces when they finally woke up from that spell and realized we have a serious QB problem

Disagree on many levels 

he was good to open the Pittsburgh game, he was shaky in the middle even though neither pick was his fault. Good overall game  

he was flawless vs Miami 

he completed 60% vs Denver 

comp % is not the most important stat when you are saving would be sacks by escaping to throw the ball away. These are positive plays that you’ve turned in a negative in your mind 

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He threw to Michael Carter in the first one 

When there are defenders staring at the QB the WR isn’t always open because they can jump the pass… 

No he didn’t, at all. It was a money throw and the defender made an unbelievable play. 

This is seriously moronic you to see where Wilson is looking at and his body position at the moment these players are “open”. If Wilson’s eyes are left and there is a guy open right it’s irrelevant 

You’re completely clueless. Try degrafting your ass front he couch and grab a football. 

Yes Carter is fast and the ball needs to travel to a point where he is going to be not where he is genius 

Loving Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Loving Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

Do you ever bring anything of value to a conversation? I posted a photo of Wilson throwing the ball while Carter was still wide open well in front of the endzone. The DB made an unbelievable diving play to break up the pass. When you start ignoring reality to feed your anti Wilson agenda you know you’ve jump the shark. You are like a bunch of middle schoolers 

• More Ugh 2

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Do you ever bring anything of value to a conversation? I posted a photo of Wilson throwing the ball while Carter was still wide open well in front of the endzone. The DB made an unbelievable diving play to break up the pass. When you start ignoring reality to feed your anti Wilson agenda you know you’ve jump the shark. You are like a bunch of middle schoolers 

You’re calling names and making stupid arguments with everyone on the board… and ironically talking about conversation quality and maturity.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Any chance 2 of Zach’s family members are posting in this thread?

Quoting your own post is kind of ridiculous but I must do so in this case.

I fully admit I was wrong about 2 posters.

it is only 1 because I figured out the other is actually my wife.

she is the only person on this planet that I know of that will drive and drive until she gets the answer she wants.

that is what is going on here

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Quoting your own post is kind of ridiculous but I must do so in this case.

I fully admit I was wrong about 2 posters.

it is only 1 because I figured out the other is actually my wife.

she is the only person on this planet that I know of that will drive and drive until she gets the answer she wants.

that is what is going on here

We married the same woman? Eskimo brothers!!!

• Post of the Week 3

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

There have been countless throws the past few games where Zach is horribly late, like he knows when he should throw it but just hesitates instead, then throws it 1-2 seconds later.

Bingo. That hesitation cost him the Carter TD.

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

There have been countless throws the past few games where Zach is horribly late, like he knows when he should throw it but just hesitates instead, then throws it 1-2 seconds later.

Bingo. That hesitation cost him the Carter TD.

• Thumb Down 1

8CC5F87F-CDF7-4590-9729-B611188A2F14.jpeg

lmao he is still in his wind-up, 5 yards after Carter was throwing his hands up like “Zach! Zach! Over here Zach!”

By the tile of your screenshot, Farter doesn’t even have his arms up anymore lol.

THATS HOW LONG IT TOOK!

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

1. Poor field vision, doesn't see open men

2. Poor decision making, holds the ball too long

3. Poor accuracy, high, behind and/or shorthops

These are why Zach's production levels are amongst the worst in the NFL the last two years.

This is why I do not think he'll ultimately pan out. 

Too many problems to fix, and some that aren't easily fixed at all.  

egg-zactly

thats why i have been looking at the qb  prospects in the 2023 draft since last year.  i figured zw was a dead end prior to the draft.  after the 2021 season, i was convinced of it.  even more so now.  same mistakes.  same flaws.  we'll see it again sunday, but perhaps not for 4 quarters.  he may be on the bench by the end of the game.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Facts said:

lmao he is still in his wind-up, 5 yards after Carter was throwing his hands up like “Zach! Zach! Over here Zach!”

By the tile of your screenshot, Farter doesn’t even have his arms up anymore lol.

THATS HOW LONG IT TOOK!

Wind up? Lol it’s the beginning of his throwing motion and he has a very fast release .

• More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

comp % is not the most important stat when you are saving would be sacks by escaping to throw the ball away. These are positive plays that you’ve turned in a negative in your mind 

Zach is tied for 3rd in most throw aways. and would be #1 if he played as many games.

1. Cousins. 18 throw aways , 66.3 comp %

2. Carr.  16 throw aways,  62.9 comp % 

3. Rodgers 14 throw aways  66.4%

4. Zach   14 throw aways.   54%

you can still throw the ball away and complete over 60% of your passes. 

and i would take a few sacks from Zach if he stopped running around cause he would make a few plays and i think the good would out weight the bad. we have really good YAC WRs. they can turn a 7 yd slant into big gains. but Zach can never stay that long to throw it to them. i would trade a few sacks for that. right now we get no sacks and no nothing.

• Upvote 2