An Open Letter to Zach Wilson...

Warfish

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Oh please. I stated a consistent  problem Zach has, bailing when pressure is not there. Nobody can honestly say they have never seen this. The picture he presented actually shows a clean pocket that he didn't  step up into. If you agree with him, you must be his mother. 

The picture he showed is exactly what Zach needs to consistently do. Stand tall in the pocket and deliver a strike. Not bail when he feels pressure. That instance, he made a perfect throw with pressure on top of him. The photo you posted, he did not do that. He should have been better. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Can you show me where Conklin is in this picture? Can you show me it is even a completed pass from this picture? 

Here is a better picture

Zach standing much further back than he needs to with open receivers, one waving his arms, and Zach holding the ball 

1.thumb.png.c5845430f9d54072434fdd54a148ee8b.png

Why shouldn’t Zach be that far back?  You see what’s happening across the line, right? 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Picture.....

Zach Wilson, trotting off the field after a triumphant breakout performance, 330 passing yards, 3 TD's and another rushing, no INT's, along with a dominant Jets Defensive performance that beguiles Josh Allen all day long, a Jets victory! 

The field reporter gets the mike in front of Zach, and he says.....

"Don't doubt me again, Warfish" and then:

giphy.gif

...as he then trots off the field into his cheering teammates.

And with that, Zach would live forever in JN Forum immortality.  LOL, good times.....

Still sleeping? Time to wake up bud

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The picture he showed is exactly what Zach needs to consistently do. Stand tall in the pocket and deliver a strike. Not bail when he feels pressure. That instance, he made a perfect throw with pressure on top of him. The photo you posted, he did not do that. He should have been better. 

Ok, let's talk a little more about the picture where you say Zach is standing tall. First of when Zach made the decision to throw, there was no pressure. The pressure came after the pass. So what is the point. He has a clean pocket in front of him. 

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, let's talk a little more about the picture where you say Zach is standing tall. First of when Zach made the decision to throw, there was no pressure. The pressure came after the pass. So what is the point. He has a clean pocket in front of him. 

I thought you said he leaves the pocket before pressure? You can’t have a valid opinion on a player if you can’t objectively evaluate plays positive and negative. Take the L here (you’re embarrassing yourself) and move on. 

• More Ugh 1

Enjoy the game, @Warfish.  As long as you have been a fan, its hard to believe you have never been to Jersey for a game.  And you never know, maybe they will surprise.  I flew  in for the Tennessee game last year expecting very little, we were 0-3, coming off two straight blowouts, and i got to see one of the Jets best games of the year, and possibly Zach's best to date.

Enjoy!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Can you show me where Conklin is in this picture? Can you show me it is even a completed pass from this picture? 

Here is a better picture

Zach standing much further back than he needs to with open receivers, one waving his arms, and Zach holding the ball 

1.thumb.png.c5845430f9d54072434fdd54a148ee8b.png

It is literally a screenshot from the Conklin TD play

• More Ugh 1

39 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I thought you said he leaves the pocket before pressure? You can’t have a valid opinion on a player if you can’t objectively evaluate plays positive and negative. Take the L here (you’re embarrassing yourself) and move on. 

That is one play in a game. Are you really saying Zach never leaves the pocket before the pressure.  There was a video posted of Zach taking a 5 step drop after he took a snap in shotgun. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

That is one play in a game. Are you really saying Zach never leaves the pocket before the pressure.  There was a video posted of Zach taking a 5 step drop after he took a snap in shotgun. 

I am not saying that. I am saying he does the right thing quite often. He needs to be better in the pocket, but you are describing the situation as something that he is incapable of dong and will never learn how to do. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I get that but if we can make them work for points, not give them a short field, I give us a chance. I don't  think our DBs will be over matched.  I agree this will be a challenge  but I don't  see a blowout unless we turn the ball over in our own end or are punting from our EZ. 

Oh, we for sure have a chance. And I agree the DBs won't be overmatched. But the offense isn't exactly going to be on fire to begin with. Zach playing well would help that but I don't expect them to score points on every drive even if he played well. He has to avoid causing the failure of the drives.

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I am not saying that. I am saying he does the right thing quite often. He needs to be better in the pocket, but you are describing the situation as something that he is incapable of dong and will never learn how to do. 

It because he does that with high frequency.  I mean what os your point? 

Look at the picture I posted that you claimed is the same play. Look how far away from the LOS he is and there is nobody close to him. You said he made that pass under pressure. There was no pressure and 2 wide open receivers. 

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It because he does that with high frequency.  I mean what os your point? 

Look at the picture I posted that you claimed is the same play. Look how far away from the LOS he is and there is nobody close to him. You said he made that pass under pressure. There was no pressure and 2 wide open receivers. 

I think the picture you posted is from the incomplete pass to Carter 

• More Ugh 3

If the Jets beat Buffalo but Zach has a pedestrian game @Warfish will be the first to s**t all over him. Or ass he calls it- 'judge the QB based on his play' not based on whether the team wins the game or not. 

Why should we think any differently now that he's going to the game. 

Vom on this thread...

Throwing Up The Exorcist GIF by filmeditor

3 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

False

318AF3D6-67F9-46EF-B55C-6676DE6CACB6.jpeg

This is a good enough pocket to throw from in the NFL. Good QBs have the presence of mind to step up and allow 70 to push the defender past him, and either throw or move to the left and take positive yards. If you can’t do that you’re not a starter in this league.....

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

This is a good enough pocket to throw from in the NFL. Good QBs have the presence of mind to step up and allow 70 to push the defender past him, and either throw or move to the left and take positive yards. If you can’t do that you’re not a starter in this league.....

He threw it and completed the pass for a TD, from the pocket. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

5 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’ve put a lot of thought into this. I’m torn/conflicted and cannot figure out the answer to this EXTREMELY important and relevant question.

This question is for you @Warfish. Why did you choose that name and not “PeaceOctopus”? Are anti Octopus or just pro war?  This is more important than the Zach Wilson discussion. 

I am very much Pro-Octopus (they're very smart), and Pro-Peace.  Hippy-like, in many ways.

I picked the name when I was quite young, and the internets was new.  I had a name I used for a while before it, Blitzkrieg, taken both from from the Metallica cover on Kill Em' All, and of course a reference to WWII in which I was always interested.  This was back in the old IRC Chat days and the earliest forum days (pre my joining JI) in the early 90's, but I dropped it as it wasn't very cool knowing the internet was in some spots a haven for folks who took names like that for more evil reasons.

I was, in my youth, a dedicated fisherman.  And one of the Fish I went after was called the "Warmouth", a picture of which resides below in my signature.  A sunfish that acts like a big ol' bass. As I was pondering what to call myself online, the name Warfish came to mind, since I was always debating folks, and I liked to Fish, and honestly, it sounded cool to my, what, pre-20 year old brain.  Short, to the point, seemed like the right choice and I've gone by that for what, 20 years or so now.

And now you know just a little more about me than you did before.  Hope that answers your question Creepy.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Coquito said:

If the Jets beat Buffalo, Number 2 is going to have to have a great game. 

1 pass TD, 200+ pass yds, some clutch 3rd down conversions and ZERO turnovers from Zach...some great special teams play...a solid rushing effort with 2 or more TDs for the offense and a spectacular defensive effort could do it.

So yeah, we could end up winning the game with a pedestrian performance from Zach. 

I don't think we will. This Bills team is just too good. But if we DO win, it will be on the strength of a superb defensive performance with Zach NOT turning the ball over and our special teams making some plays. JMHO.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I am very much Pro-Octopus (they're very smart), and Pro-Peace.  Hippy-like, in many ways.

I picked the name when I was quite young, and the internets was new.  I had a name I used for a while before it, Blitzkrieg, taken both from from the Metallica cover on Kill Em' All, and of course a reference to WWII in which I was always interested.  This was back in the old IRC Chat days and the earliest forum days (pre my joining JI) in the early 90's, but I dropped it as it wasn't very cool knowing the internet was in some spots a haven for folks who took names like that for more evil reasons.

I was, in my youth, a dedicated fisherman.  And one of the Fish I went after was called the "Warmouth", a picture of which resides below in my signature.  A sunfish that acts like a big ol' bass. As I was pondering what to call myself online, the name Warfish came to mind, since I was always debating folks, and I liked to Fish, and honestly, it sounded cool to my, what, pre-20 year old brain.  Short, to the point, seemed like the right choice and I've gone by that for what, 20 years or so now.

And now you know just a little more about me than you did before.  Hope that answers your question Creepy.

Most excellent. I too like old Metallica and fishing. I caught a nice striped bass 2 nights ago on Lake Wallenpaupack. Thank you for entertaining my idiotic question. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Picture.....

Zach Wilson, trotting off the field after a triumphant breakout performance, 330 passing yards, 3 TD's and another rushing, no INT's, along with a dominant Jets Defensive performance that beguiles Josh Allen all day long, a Jets victory! 

giphy.gif

And with that, Zach would live forever in JN Forum immortality.  LOL, good times.....

I think there’s a chance Zach Wilson steps up this Sunday. The Bills get tons of pressure, but they also play a lot of Cover Two behind it, and Zach has made some of his best throws against Cover Two because of his arm strength. Kenny Pickett—the one starting QB who has been statistically worse than Zach this year, went 34 of 52 for 325 yards against the Bills (granted, in a massive blowout). Zach will have opportunities. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Picture.....

giphy.gif

She has more balls than Zach