A herd of Buffalo draw near

Facts

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Captain @FidelioJet is MIA so @Facts took up the slack on the field of battle.  Love to see it.  

For the record, I pretty much predicted this exact outcome.

Jets would get killed, because young QB's have little chance against BB.

It was always going to be an ugly day for Zach.  Go back and look at what I said, it's all there.

(please don't talk about Fields - running QB's can give him problems)

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It was always going to be an ugly day for Zach.  Go back and look at what I said, it's all there.

It’s not because of BB, it’s because of Zach.  We have Lawrence, Mills or a clone of Jones and we win this game.  

Had nothing to do with BB tricking a young QB.  Zach running out of the clean pocket early from a 4 man rush is nothing special on BB’s part.  Zach was inept, wasted countless plays running around and gave the ball away 3 times.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here is the thing with your Zach and Fields comparison.  Zach can run. We have seen it. He broke off some long ones. The issue is when Zach runs, most time he is going backwards.  Fields runs forwards. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you place a big bet against the Jets?   

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It’s not because of BB, it’s because of Zach.  We have Lawrence, Mills or a clone of Jones and we win this game.  

Had nothing to do with BB tricking a young QB.  Zach running out of the clean pocket early from a 4 man rush is nothing special on BB’s part.  Zach was inept, wasted countless plays running around and gave the ball away 3 times.

Yep.  Imminently winnable game that Zach Wilson threw away.  

He needs a monster game against Buffalo.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Here is the thing with your Zach and Fields comparison.  Zach can run. We have seen it. He broke off some long ones. The issue is when Zach runs, most time he is going backwards.  Fields runs forwards. 

This is fair, Zach isn't taking sacks though - so the runs backwards thing is just another dumb - I hate Zach Wilson talking point.

With that said, I'm fine if he runs backwards and escapes pressure, he does that well - what he's not doing is finding a WR when he frees up...That's worrisome.  He's not making plays after the escape -  He either needs to figure out why he's not...or he should do is just take off - gain a yard or two and move on the next play.

And then all you stat guys will be happy....his comp. % will go up, he'll have some positive yards on the ground - and he won't make dumb throws.

You guys will find something hate about what he does - but your narrative will have to chance like a politician.

Zach has a lot of problems - being good at escaping pressure isn't one of them.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is fair, Zach isn't taking sacks though - so the runs backwards thing is just another dumb - I hate Zach Wilson talking point.

With that said, I'm fine if he runs backwards and escapes pressure, he does that well - what he's not doing is finding a WR when he frees up...That's worrisome.  He's not making plays after the escape -  He either needs to figure out why he's not...or he should do is just take off - gain a yard or two and move on the next play.

And then all you stat guys will be happy....his comp. % will go up, he'll have some positive yards on the ground - and he won't make dumb throws.

You guys will find something hate about what he does - but your narrative will have to chance like a politician.

Zach has a lot of problems - being good at escaping pressure isn't one of them.

So basically what you are saying is Zach runs backwards  to escape getting sacked which would be a negative play but doesn't  do anything positive after he escapes so it is ok he does this? He threw two of 3 picks and almost ran out of the EZ for S doing this last week. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

So basically what you are saying is Zach runs backwards  to escape getting sacked which would be a negative play but doesn't  do anything positive after he escapes so it is ok he does this? He threw two of 3 picks and almost ran out of the EZ for S doing this last week. 

Well, sort of.

What I'm saying is - he escapes the pressure - and that's actually fine. So the running backwards isn't the problem.

The fact that he does nothing with it is the problem.  He does create time for himself - So I agree, he needs to find a way to do something with it...I'm surely not arguing he's been good on those plays - he's not making things happen...So they end up mostly being incomplete passes.

Again, the running backwards isn't the problem...

He gets free, generates time and isn't finding or hitting the open receiver...or throws it away.   Good QB's find a way to make things happen when they buy themselves time getting out of the pocket.  He's not.

I think if he got away, and ran for a yard or two - people would think he was better...and his stats would be better - which would make all of the people that don't actually watch football and just comment on Twitter think he's playing better. 

None of that though will change his ability to win or lose games.  It's just nonsense...

Zach's problem isn't him escaping the pocket too soon - Zach's problem is he's inaccurate too often..  If he fixes that he's going to be fine.  But even I am starting to worry that it is not fixable.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

What I'm saying is - he escapes the pressure - and that's actually fine. So the running backwards isn't the problem.

There are several video feeds posted that clearly show he "escaping" the pocket before there is any pressure. Running backwards is the problem. Let's stop pretending this is all the O-lines fault. That's ridiculous and absurd. 

2 minutes ago, Coquito said:

There are several video feeds posted that clearly show he "escaping" the pocket before there is any pressure. Running backwards is the problem. Let's stop pretending this is all the O-lines fault. That's ridiculous and absurd. 

Eh...

Zach stands in the pocket plenty and makes throws.  Does he bail a little early sometimes, sure...But even if he does leave the pocket too soon on occasion, he's still giving himself plenty of time to make plays, he's just not making them.  Go watch Pat Mahomes play - see how often and quickly he bails from the pocket...watch him just back up.

The difference is Pat makes plays afterward.  Zach isn't.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, sort of.

The fact that he does nothing with it is the problem.  He does create time for himself - So I agree, he needs to find a way to do something with it...I'm surely not arguing he's been good on those plays - he's not making things happen...So they end up mostly being incomplete passes.

Again, the running backwards isn't the problem...

He gets free, generates time and isn't finding or hitting the open receiver...or throws it away.   Good QB's find a way to make things happen when they buy themselves getting out of the pocket.  He's not.

I think if he got away, and ran for a yard or two - people would think he was better...and his stats would be better - which would make all of the people that don't actually watch football and just comment on Twitter think he's playing better. 

None of that though will change his ability to win or lose games.  It's just nonsense...

Zach's problem isn't him escaping the pocket too soon - Zach's problem is he's not accurate often enough.  If he fixes that he's going to be fine.  But even I am starting to worry it that is fixable.

You definition of escaping pressure is interesting. Often when Zach does that U-Turn to avoid a sack, he is still being chased so he isn't  exactly escaping anything, he is just running away from pass rushers. He doesn't  make positive plays because as much as advertised, Zach really isn't  that good throwing the ball on the run. His best passes are when he sets his feet. If we want a reference, for all of Darnolds faults, he was very good at getting rid of the ball on the move. To your other point, Zach running for yards instead of running around behind the LOS, I think everyone would like to see this. It would mean at least he would be climbing the pocket and might see an open receiver while running forward and might even find he is escaping pressure this way. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You definition of escaping pressure is interesting. Often when Zach does that U-Turn to avoid a sack, he is still being chased so he isn't  exactly escaping anything, he is just running away from pass rushers. He doesn't  make positive plays because as much as advertised, Zach really isn't  that good throwing the ball on the run. His best passes are when he sets his feet. If we want a reference, for all of Darnolds faults, he was very good at getting rid of the ball on the move. To your other point, Zach running for yards instead of running around behind the LOS, I think everyone would like to see this. It would mean at least he would be climbing the pocket and might see an open receiver while running forward and might even find he is escaping pressure this way. 

If Zach’s mind set is - once he escapes the pocket he has one basic read (as ML called it the second play on the play)

and if that’s not there take off for positive yards - I think we’ll see a much better QB.   He’s clearly a hot and cold kinda player. Running for positive yards will create positive vibes.  

There is no defending what Zach does by running 20 yards backwards... It's great that he has the ability to escape the pocket when needed, but he doesn't need to run that far backwards. What it does is not allow him to see the field when he does that. Even when Mahommes or any other QB that scrambles well does that, at least they keep their head downfield. Zach has a lot to learn when he does that. 

23 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Get ready for the hey-ey-ey-ey Buffalo chants on Sunday . I'm sure there will be a major infestation of Blue at Metlife.  Shame our loyal Jets fans feel the need to dump tickets to opposing fans.    

The ugly game potential here is very high unfortunately 

• Upvote 1

Wilson refusing to take the open space in front of him is a problem

I mean “run backwards and sideways but never forwards” was the maddening Zach Wilson m.o. vs NE

Taking the open running lanes that present themselves is an easy way to punish a blitzing or hyper aggressive defensive front