So, does Jermaine Johnson suck?

Facts

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

feasible that the "football reason" JJ was kept out last week was that they had their eyes on this game and wanted to be sure JJ was, you know, 110%.

If thats the truth, Saleh should be fired. Thats dumb. The Patriots have owned us for decades - you don't take a game off against them.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

What Saleh said is he needed more practice time to get back up to speed. He's active and will be playing this week. That's why they traded Martin.

I'm sure thats part of it, but...

"Rookies, uh, when they come into the league there is a lot of stuff going on with these men... With Jermaine, we have had a very deep defensive line. If its not 100% crisp, and this is for all them, they all deserve to play, then were going to roll with the guys that can" - Saleh on JJ

That doesn't sound as clean cut as "oh just getting him back to speed".

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Episode 4 of Joe Douglas making frenzied phone calls was so great! I'm kinda glad Joe got shot down when he was calling with the draft around the 15th spot. Then 16. Then 17. Really good episode....then Joe gives Thumbs Up and Ulbrich and crew come running into the room.

Celebrate Yahoo GIF

2 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I'm still amazed by the specimen that this man is...good god

Even for a football player.  When they show him entering the stadium with his teammates, he still stands out.  And he's played pretty well so far too.  Hope his role increases.  

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, and let’s see if he can help against Allen since JJ can stop the run which will be needed Sunday starting with Allen running.

I'm sure thats part of it, but...

"Rookies, uh, when they come into the league there is a lot of stuff going on with these men... With Jermaine, we have had a very deep defensive line. If its not 100% crisp, and this is for all them, they all deserve to play, then were going to roll with the guys that can" - Saleh on JJ

That doesn't sound as clean cut as "oh just getting him back to speed".

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

6 hours ago, Facts said:

I said on draft day I thought this was a terrible pick and there was a reason that teams let him slide (and the Jets should have kept letting him slide).

Now he’s not even active for big games like the Patriots and Saleh said it’s partly due to “football” reasons.

all time sh*tty post. yeesh.

guys plays well

guy gets hurt

guy gets an extra week to get back into shape

jets fan sh*ts on guy

ok

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

all time sh*tty post. yeesh.

guys plays well

guy gets hurt

guy gets an extra week to get back into shape

jets fan sh*ts on guy

ok

Tell that to the head coach.

"Rookies, uh, when they come into the league there is a lot of stuff going on with these men... With Jermaine, we have had a very deep defensive line. If its not 100% crisp, and this is for all them, they all deserve to play, then were going to roll with the guys that can" - Saleh on JJ

49 minutes ago, Facts said:

"Rookies, uh, when they come into the league there is a lot of stuff going on with these men... With Jermaine, we have had a very deep defensive line. If its not 100% crisp, and this is for all them, they all deserve to play, then were going to roll with the guys that can" - Saleh on JJ

You have the patience of a saint...just let it go..

9 hours ago, Facts said:

I said on draft day I thought this was a terrible pick and there was a reason that teams let him slide (and the Jets should have kept letting him slide).

Now he’s not even active for big games like the Patriots and Saleh said it’s partly due to “football” reasons.

You're probably the same guy that incessantly thought quinnen Williams was a bust. How about giving JJ more than 4 games?

Posts like this should be a bannable offense. Just like players can get benched for bad play, you should be benched for dumb, ridiculous posts like this.

• Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, Facts said:

This post reminds me of a pair of pants I crapped in on the side of the Garden State Parkway

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Facts said:

I'm sure thats part of it, but...

"Rookies, uh, when they come into the league there is a lot of stuff going on with these men... With Jermaine, we have had a very deep defensive line. If its not 100% crisp, and this is for all them, they all deserve to play, then were going to roll with the guys that can" - Saleh on JJ

That doesn't sound as clean cut as "oh just getting him back to speed".

Perhaps Saleh’s comments about JJ today, particularly the bolded ones, will clarify things for you…

He was doing a really nice job, it’s been very quiet for him because we have a deep defensive line, we’ve got a lot of different guys on the defensive line. I joke with him that he kind of fell into the perfect situation where there’s not a lot of pressure for him to go produce and he was producing pretty well and then he got hurt, but I’m excited for him to get back on track, he’s got this game, he’s got the Bye Week, recharge and get going, I think he’s going to have a really cool second half of the season, I think he’ll play well this week. He’s got great length, strength, power, he’s got deceptive pass rush ability and the more reps he gets, I think he’s going to be a really good football player.”

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

He got hurt. Was off to a great start. So the short and long answer are both No.

So, 

JJ was a great pick and showed production from start

Zach was a puzzling pick and has done nothing.

Becton was good his first year, but was injury prone.  Took a pass his 2nd year

Love all of JD's first round picks with the exception of the poor performing qb and the ton of fun OT.

9 hours ago, Facts said:

I'm sure thats part of it, but...

"Rookies, uh, when they come into the league there is a lot of stuff going on with these men... With Jermaine, we have had a very deep defensive line. If its not 100% crisp, and this is for all them, they all deserve to play, then were going to roll with the guys that can" - Saleh on JJ

That doesn't sound as clean cut as "oh just getting him back to speed".

'We have a deep defensive line....' this after convincing the GM to go up and get JJ in the draft.'

I'll say it again.  If I was a GM I'd be all for having some input from coaches on the type of guys they want, on draft day shut the F up and just make the calls to the players.  Saleh instigated the trade up for the player, now oh he is a rookie and we are deep.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

17 hours ago, Facts said:

He is literally the best pass rusher we have drafted in about forever

I wasnt too high on this draft choice either. I think some fans here saying he's played "great" are reaching.

He played fairy well, I will say. He's definitely shown he's not a Vernon Gholston with zero pass rush moves.

That being said, Huff seems to get more consistent pressures on the QB. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Facts said:

Just got off the phone with Saleh, he said he feels bad for you making a dumb thread

59 minutes ago, Barton said:

I wasnt too high on this draft choice either. I think some fans here saying he's played "great" are reaching

Yeah i’ve rolled my eyes quite a few times while reading the posts about him playing “great” before injury.

• Thumb Down 2