So, does Jermaine Johnson suck?

Facts

20 minutes ago, Hex said:

Keep in mind the Jets have a 10 man DL rotation, which means each player (JJ included) will get less stats. 

Almost makes you wonder if it was smart to spend such valuable resources on a player that will play so little while sharing time with 9 other players.

Sipping Tea Time GIF

• More Ugh 4

On 11/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Facts said:

I said on draft day I thought this was a terrible pick and there was a reason that teams let him slide (and the Jets should have kept letting him slide).

Now he’s not even active for big games like the Patriots and Saleh said it’s partly due to “football” reasons.

Zach sucks, and if White gets hurt we are so effed.

• Thumb Down 4

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

No you're still wrong. And posting an article from a guy that has a vendetta against the jets organization and hates every draft pick they make doesn't make you right. 

He's still a rookie. Calling any rookie a superstar or bust is still idiotic. The entire forum was correct to rally against you and you still haven't learned crap.

Nope, Zach was a bust as a rookie and is also a bust this year.

@Gastineau Lives

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) He’s not a finished product, like at all.

2) It’s highly difficult to find quality EDGE guys without using lots of draft capital/resources.  The guys with the athletic profiles necessary to succeed get plucked quickly.

3) There will come a time fairly soon where his snap count will increase dramatically.  Such as when guys like Carl Lawson, Rankins, Solomon Thomas and even JFM are gone.  

would think next year maybe all but JFM will be gone

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Facts said:

I see the lesson still continues.

That article is horrible.  The 2022 college season?  He was playing for the Jets.  Not surprised he hasn't gotten much draft buzz.   He had 5 sacks in 2021?  Nope double digits.  Was it 14 or 11? 

This Jets "scout" is probably that same dipsh*t that was an area scout for Parcells for a year.  He is looking for clicks.  I did not like Johnson.  At 10 i hated the idea of Johnson.  I do not think he is a great pass rusher and he is older but he is an excellent athlete and wil play hard.  I think he is a great fit for this team, where they got him the value seems okay.  Complaining about him as a player now is premature and silly 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

That article is horrible.  The 2022 college season?  He was playing for the Jets.  Not surprised he hasn't gotten much draft buzz.   He had 5 sacks in 2021?  Nope double digits.  Was it 14 or 11? 

This Jets "scout" is probably that same dipsh*t that was an area scout for Parcells for a year.  He is looking for clicks.  I did not like Johnson.  At 10 i hated the idea of Johnson.  I do not think he is a great pass rusher and he is older but he is an excellent athlete and wil play hard.  I think he is a great fit for this team, where they got him the value seems okay.  Complaining about him as a player now is premature and silly 

11.5 sacks in his last season are the same as 5.  When trying to make a point I guess. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

No, he absolutely does not suck.  JJ is a good all-around player.

Nevertheless, I preferred Karlaftis in the draft who has not surprisingly turned out to be a better pass rusher.  

With a lot more playing time, a lot more time with a big lead Karlaftis has all of one more sack than JJ.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When OP created this thread JJ followed up with a huge sack on Josh Allen to help us win that week. Now he's bumping it (after a game in which he had another big play mind you). I expect a huge JJ play against the Lions.

That sack on Allen (which was really just a tackle that happened a yard behind the LOS as Allen was running around the edge) was HALF of his ENTIRE sack total for the YEAR.

Glad he's contributing on special teams though. Thats what you want out of your 1st rounder.

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 11/4/2022 at 12:13 PM, Facts said:

If thats the truth, Saleh should be fired. Thats dumb. The Patriots have owned us for decades - you don't take a game off against them.

The defense was heroic in that game. That was not the problem! 

• Upvote 1