Denzel Mims; Nothing Phases Me, I have Grown

Maxman

3 minutes ago, static14 said:

Against my better judgment I'm feeling good about Sunday. 

Every action has an unlimited number of potential outcomes. Why not imagine the best one? I was really disappointed in Zach's abysmal performance against the Pats, and I wanted that to be the game he put it all together. Honestly, if the Jets won that game, I'd have given him a total pass if he played that crappy against the Bills. Well, what I thought, or what I wanted, didn't happen. This is going to be a tough one. But it could happen. So I'm feeling good about Sunday, as well. I have no doubt we have a team that can beat the Bills. Move the chains, time of possession, no stupid penalties, don't give up on the run game, and don't throw any interceptions. Yes, we can beat them.

• Upvote 4

It’s really good to hear him seem energetic and engaged. I remember his draft day phone call and he seemed miserable and dead inside (for lack of a better descriptor). Mims taking a big step could be really great for the offense. I’m definitely more optimistic about him. Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, static14 said:

Against my better judgment I'm feeling good about Sunday. 

That is a bad move lol.   I have low expectations for Sunday but I am guilty of high expectations for all these guys in the long run. 

His attitude seemed amazing there.  No chip on his shoulder for having to wait.  Hungry and confident.  You love to see that.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Seems like a good kid. Love how he has handled things and looking forward to seeing him have success here. Hopefully a lot of it this week.

100%, that kid survived a regime change, lost 20+ pounds from food poisoning and only talked trade when directly questioned about it..

He is the example moore should be looking towards.

I wish him nothing but success.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Mims Mims Mims. Mims is everyone’s favorite underdog. We Jet fans love the underdog. He’s been a disappointment and he wasn’t ready for big boy ball and he wasn’t ready for a coaching staff to hold him accountable on every single play but now maybe he is. He hasn’t done sh*t yet. I don’t think we should be praising him because he’s ready to contribute. We can praise him when he starts catching 1st down passes and TDS. Yeah he had a nice long catch and run last game with what 3 min left and the game basically decided. That’s not enough for me to jump on his bandwagon I want more from him and I will be a huge fan. A QB that can get him the ball would help also - go win us a game Mr. Mims and u will have a fan for as long as your a Jet. 

• Upvote 1

All I can say is that no one will be rooting for Mims more than myself this Sunday.  I so desperately want him to have a big game this Sunday.  I kind of feel that all Jets fans who follow the team as much as I do, want the same thing for Denzel.  

I got one thing I would love to say to Denzel:  "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard!"

But, hard work paired with talent is a very dangerous combination, and I believe this is what we will see in Denzel going forward.  I really do hope so!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Sometimes it's a benefit for these dudes to "go through the mud", so to speak, on their way to success. Obviously don't know Mims personally, but he did give off a bit of an entitled, immature vibe when we first drafted him. Sounds like a much more mature player and person now. Sounds like maybe the tough love the coaches gave him the past couple offseasons have helped to round him out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Growth is what we all should aspire to. That inward journey of self reflection and uncomfortable truths is often a painful one but rewarding if you make it through. It's not easy. Inner peace is a far greater reward than any accomplishments on the field. That being said, since he is a Jet, I hope he racks up those accomplishments. He certainly hasn't been inspiring to date. Best of luck, Mr Mims.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

He is getting much ink this week. The HC talked about him this week tossing out accolades. We all know he has a lot of talent. But in past he didn’t seem to know the game plan many errors and penalties. So is it true does he know the basics line up in correct position run routes correctly. Or does he still not get it.