Why I've been worse.... My Amazing Father Died of Cancer

So sorry to hear this.  I lost my Dad 4 years ago after he was in and out of the hospital for various illnesses the last few years of his life. He fought the good fight until he couldn't fight anymore.  I feel your pain and am sending you and your family love and strength during this very difficult time.  ?

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My dad is dying of cancer, I recently enrolled him in Hospice (at home) and am taking a month off from work. To be here....

He was diagnosed 8 years ago and fought like the tough as nails man he is. 

Eventually, The Enemy get us all....

Hes the best man I have ever known, and I am not only proud that he's my Dad, even at 51, I just want to be half the man he is. My Brother and I asked him how he wanted his funeral and when he wanted last rites, and He said, "Yeah, sure I'd love to see a Priest and take communion, but I don't really have anything to confess too", and I started laughing.....Told him  "Dad, you are not only definitely the best man in THIS room, but you're the best man I've ever known!". Fact.

Anyway, our FD award ceremony was tonight,  and while I was awarded a bunch of stuff (Including Officer of the Year), the best part was talking to him afterwards  

This is gonna suck,  and I'm just trying. 

Tonight,  11/4. 

love ya, Dad 19438.thumb.jpeg.2e12a8afc5ec66a00f2d6f02876fa73d.jpeg

Bless you during this time, brother. I’ve been there myself. You’ll be in my thoughts

• Post of the Week 1

My dad simply had a heart attack the morning after Christmas and never woke up. That was a blessing. While I miss the hell out of him, better than my mother-in-law, who fought cancer for over 3 years. Father in law, in between; had emphazemia forever, contracted pneumonia on winter and  died in few weeks. In each case, they smoked for decades. Mom still kicking at 80, but has COPD and walks around with an oxygen tank. DO NOT SMOKE. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Great seeing you back on the board, JE1.  Really wish it were under better circumstances.   We've spoken about your amazing Dad before.  The stories you have told about his exploits, and general life view, were amazing as well as inspiring.  

You're a great son for taking the time to look after him at hospice.  Sending you both love and best thoughts.   Hang in there.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm sorry, dude. My mom has it and we almost lost her in May and now she seems way better but still has it and heading back into chemo and radiation next month. Also a huge reason I just moved 3 weeks ago to SC from the most southern part of Alabama. She's just 2 hours away in NC now.

Anyway, positive vibes heading your way. 

• Sympathy 1

First, I know in times like this, words, even good ones, fail to really help the way the speakers often wish they could.

Second, congratulations on Officer of the Year.  That's exceptional.  Even in hard times, we must celbrate the good in life.  Thank you for what you do.

Finally, just enjoy every moment you can with your Dad.  That's all you can do.  Make every single minute count.  I lost mine at 18 to suicide.  I wish for just another moment.  So make the most of the ones you have my friend.  They are priceless.

Best wishes to you and your Dad, JE. 

Your JN Family is with you, for what that is worth.

• Sympathy 7

Cancer sucks! I lost my Mother about 4 years ago. She was also tough as nails. I remember her watching me and my son shovel snow in the driveway and she was pissed that she couldn't be out there. We found out it was genetic and her sister, her, and her cousin all died at the same age.

Sorry for what you're going through bro you can DM me anytime. I know it's not fun to say the least. Try to keep your chin up.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thank you everyone for the words and thoughts. My Dad passed peacefully in his sleep yesterday morning.  I will miss him for the rest of my days, and never stop telling "Grandpa" stories to my boys.... I'm gonna miss him so bad. 

So sorry, man.  May he Rest In Peace.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thank you everyone for the words and thoughts. My Dad passed peacefully in his sleep yesterday morning.  I will miss him for the rest of my days, and never stop telling "Grandpa" stories to my boys.... I'm gonna miss him so bad. 

Deepest regrets. Continue to make him proud, every day, as I know you will. Somehow, Somewhere, he's watching and encouraging you onwards. And be there for your Bro.

Peace and Love....

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sorry thoughts and prayers with you and your family at this difficult time. ? May he Rest In Peace. 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You're a good kid. Your father is immensely proud of you. Try to always remember just how grateful you were for him when the pain of missing him rises. 

Peace, brother. 

• Post of the Week 2

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Very sorry for your loss, my friend. Hang in there. RIP.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:36 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

My dad is dying of cancer, I recently enrolled him in Hospice (at home) and am taking a month off from work. To be here....

He was diagnosed 8 years ago and fought like the tough as nails man he is. 

Eventually, The Enemy get us all....

Hes the best man I have ever known, and I am not only proud that he's my Dad, even at 51, I just want to be half the man he is. My Brother and I asked him how he wanted his funeral and when he wanted last rites, and He said, "Yeah, sure I'd love to see a Priest and take communion, but I don't really have anything to confess too", and I started laughing.....Told him  "Dad, you are not only definitely the best man in THIS room, but you're the best man I've ever known!". Fact.

Anyway, our FD award ceremony was tonight,  and while I was awarded a bunch of stuff (Including Officer of the Year), the best part was talking to him afterwards  

This is gonna suck,  and I'm just trying. 

Tonight,  11/4. 

love ya, Dad 19438.thumb.jpeg.2e12a8afc5ec66a00f2d6f02876fa73d.jpeg

So sorry. My thoughts and prayers with you both

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I’m so sorry for your loss my friend. 
I hope you can take some small consolation in that your dad is in heaven now.
You will see him again.

• Sympathy 1

So very sorry for the loss of your Dad. My father is dealing with the same scenario and it pains me everyday to see such a life being taken away slowly. I'm sure you made him proud as can be and he felt the love and bond that you both shared each and everyday. Much love to you and your family during this time. I truly hope the Jets win this week to make this week somewhat bearable for you. 

• Sympathy 2

35 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My condolences to you and your family. ?

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

So very sorry for the loss of your Dad. My father is dealing with the same scenario and it pains me everyday to see such a life being taken away slowly. I'm sure you made him proud as can be and he felt the love and bond that you both shared each and everyday. Much love to you and your family during this time. I truly hope the Jets win this week to make this week somewhat bearable for you. 

Just talk to your dad whenever possible, leave nothing unsaid.

• Post of the Week 2