<<<<<<< Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

We will be playing from behind; so, Zach will have to pass the ball >30 times. Zach is good against zone defenses but terrible against pressure. I think we will run heavy 12 personnel and really guard against edge pressure by running at them and doubling Von Miller.

On defense, I cant wait to watch Sauce/Reed vs Diggs/Davis. Those should be fun matchups.

This is likely a disaster but there’s a chance we make it competitive.

Bills 30 Jets 21

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Our defense will show out early. Make some plays and challenge Buffallo’s offense as well as anyone. But as the game go’s on they will get tired and worn down.  The offense will produce way too many 3 and outs for the D to keep up. 

I can’t decide what we see from LaFleur here though. Does he reel  Zach in and let him go out play safe and Accept what will likely be a loss anyhow? Then take the by-week and “fix” what very likely can’t be fixed?

Or does he let Zach go out there and take his lumps and play the cards where they lie? Then maybe use the by-week to do something that might help the team come out and play competitive the rest of the season?

It’s a weird thing to say but at some point he has to decide if he wants to make Zach look Somewhat competent or wants his team to compete. He’s not getting both of those this week and you could take that to the bank! 

Hope they pounded short quick passing and running into Zach's head all week.

I don't think our oline will be able to stop Von Miller. If Zach is taking time, to focus on the deeper route he wants,  Von Miller will be living in his lap. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Zach will hit 25,000 steps on his Fitbit running from Miller this week. 

I expect you're spot on.  

Of all the things to fix on Zach... I hope this week's lesson was.... "if you have to scramble then scramble with your eyes down field.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’ll be there, on my way now. This game is personal, last Jets Bills game I attended was 2019 home opener. Up 16-0, lose 17-16. We know the story. Bills fans that day were trash. Today, although a long shot, hoping for revenge 

That was the game that SAR says we won.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

It's actually on local television here in Charlotte.   Im gonna play some golf and finish up around 2pm. Awesome. Go Jets!!!!!

Sounds like we're on the same schedule.  Will be watching in the cart between shots.  Finishing up around 2...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It really feels like this game, and almost every game moving forward will hinge on Zach not playing a fool.

If he can settle down, make the throws we've seen, and hit the checkdowns without panicking under pressure the Jets can go far this year.

If we get more of the same, I fear we'll lose a lot of games where we feel like we're the better team minus QB ala last week.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is The Zach Game. Honeymoon is over for him, the brickbats and boo-birds are out, and he’s getting hammered by every NFL analyst in a way that, honestly, is harsher in tone than even Sanchez dealt with. My pre-draft criticism of him was he was likely a mushy, sheltered Utah rich-boy who would melt once he started getting booed by Jets fans, and now here we are. He’s been defensive and chippy in press conferences, his receivers are frustrated, and his coaches just elevated fan- and team-favorite Mike White to the QB2 spot. It’s put up or shut up time, and it comes against the best team in football right before the BYE. How he handles today determines the course of his Jets career. Best of luck to him.

Such a drama queen 

• More Ugh 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is The Zach Game. Honeymoon is over for him, the brickbats and boo-birds are out, and he’s getting hammered by every NFL analyst in a way that, honestly, is harsher in tone than even Sanchez dealt with. My pre-draft criticism of him was he was likely a mushy, sheltered Utah rich-boy who would melt once he started getting booed by Jets fans, and now here we are. He’s been defensive and chippy in press conferences, his receivers are frustrated, and his coaches just elevated fan- and team-favorite Mike White to the QB2 spot. It’s put up or shut up time, and it comes against the best team in football right before the BYE. How he handles today determines the course of his Jets career. Best of luck to him.

Play well, he most likely gets the rest of the year.

Play badly, he continues down the Darnold route. 

So now that we have established the only two possible scenarios, might as well get a FA QB draft thread started. 

• Upvote 2

So you’ve pre-determined Zach sucks because he comes from a rich family before he’s ever taken an NFL snap. Got it. Enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • More Ugh 1

I'm sorry to say you will all have to try to carry on without my great wit and brilliant contributions to this thread today, as I will instead be in attendance.

I'll also apologize in advance for how things tend to go when I am at games, as all of our greatest fears tend to turn out to still be too optimistic.

• Haha 4

Our defense is improved esp the secondary. And the vet players signed for the D line etc. are good players. So we can put a rush on Allen and have the potential to force him into mistakes. But the offense isn't getting the job done and exposes the D by mostly time on the field. Diggs is a great receiver and they can't consistently cover him. And that will put points on the board for Buff. Look if things go as usual the Jets O will not move the ball or score much in the first half but the D will hold Buff within close range. But they will pull away in the 3rd Q. Buff 31, Jets 17. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Our defense is improved esp the secondary. And the vet players signed for the D line etc. are good players. So we can put a rush on Allen and have the potential to force him into mistakes. But the offense isn't getting the job done and exposes the D by mostly time on the field. Diggs is a great receiver and they can't consistently cover him. And that will put points on the board for Buff. Look if things go as usual the Jets O will not move the ball or score much in the first half but the D will hold Buff within close range. But they will pull away in the 3rd Q. Buff 31, Jets 17. 

That's pretty much how I see it too. Our D puts up a really good 1st half then gets gassed from too much time on the field. The bills take advantage of it. 

38 minutes ago, tfine said:

So you’ve pre-determined Zach sucks because he comes from a rich family before he’s ever taken an NFL snap. Got it. Enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think Zach has been largely sheltered from criticism and consequences and no one knows how someone will react when they have to face those things for the first time. We’re about to find out.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Zach has been largely sheltered from criticism and consequences and no one knows how someone will react when they have to face those things for the first time. We’re about to find out.

Zach better know that if he throws a couple of picks today the boo birds will be deafening.