<<<<<<< Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

He just needs to show he is willing to stay in the pocket and take hits this game. Even if he throws an int. 

He won't.  Zach is just not wired that way.  His first impulse after pressure is to right right.

And that home crowd is going to go off on him if he starts giving the ball back to Buffalo.   Only shot we have today is to sustain long drives for scores.  Can't keep putting our D on the field all day.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

He won't.  Zach is just not wired that way.  His first impulse after pressure is to right right.

And that home crowd is going to go off on him if he starts giving the ball back to Buffalo.   Only shot we have today is to sustain long drives for scores.  Can't keep putting our D on the field all day.

Don't be surprised if this team has more 3 and outs than points today. 

• Upvote 2

Zach better know that if he throws a couple of picks today the boo birds will be deafening.
Sad to say this but I just get the feeling that this is a matter of when as opposed to if... we've seen this way too many times...I can't remember the last time I could watch a game without holding my breath on every pass hoping that it's not a pick...as for von Miller.. the offensive line has to step up and the hope is that the cs has planned for him to not wreck this game

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Really hope the plan on defense is to have Sauce shadow the big bodied Gabe Davis, while we double team Diggs with Reed and safety help.  That gives us the best chance to keep the ball out of their 2 best playmakers’ hands

My nephew the bills fan said they move diggs all over. Very interested to see if ulbrich matches up or keeps everyone in their usual position 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Sad to say this but I just get the feeling that this is a matter of when as opposed to if... we've seen this way too many times...I can't remember the last time I could watch a game without holding my breath on every pass hoping that it's not a pick...as for von Miller.. the offensive line has to step up and the hope is that the cs has planned for him to not wreck this game

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

As I said earlier in the week, Von Miller scares the crap out of me.   It's like at his age Miller has found another gear.  He's still destroying O linemen and QBs.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

"Meanwhile #Jets coach Robert Saleh told his defensive players of Allen, “He’s a runner. Hit him as hard as you can.”

Motivating words never uttered before by an NFL HC.  Definitely worthy of inclusion in Garafalo's tweet.  lol

Considering the roughing calls in the NFL and most recently in the Pats game, (see Mosley Hit) it is a little surprising to see HC say yo tee off on the QB. He's not wrong.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Zach Wilson haters, sorry I mean jets “fans”, should have a fun day tomorrow 

"Real Fans" can identify a problem on the team and hold players accountable instead of slobbing their knob. "Real Fans" will then root for that same sh*tty player in hopes that he plays better bc its about the "TEAM" not the individual player.  Your man crush is embarrassing. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

"Real Fans" can identify a problem on the team and hold players accountable instead of slobbing their knob. "Real Fans" will then root for that same sh*tty player in hopes that he plays better bc its about the "TEAM" not the individual player.  Your man crush is embarrassing. 

No one is slobbering on anything. There is a difference between objective criticism and hysterical hate 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 2

Actually in all fairness Zach was following a game plan that did not emphasize him as a passer and the team was winning games with few Zach turnovers. When they had Breece Hall who was improving and getting the ball. Like all good RBs on most plays he was stopped by the D for modest yardage but he had the talent to break long runs and that was the key to the Jets success on offense. But Hall is out for the year so do we have running backs who can take up the slack. Don’t underestimate Michael Carter who went into the season as our number one back and played well last year. We don’t know about Robinson who before injuries was a very good player. So unless the Jets get way behind they should keep to the game plan that worked. But there will have to be passing yards and if Zach doesn’t know how to play his position yet after 19 starts and makes the same mistakes take him out and put White in. It can be for just one game but there has to be accountability with Zach. The idea is winning games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I hope Quincy Williams makes Josh Allen his bitch today.

I like the sentiment, but this is an unfortunate quote to broadcast three hours before game time. If the Bills were going to be flat, they’re not going to be flat after seeing this. Like a manager telling his pitcher to throw high and hard at the other team’s best batter.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like the sentiment, but this is an unfortunate quote to broadcast three hours before game time. If the Bills were going to be flat, they’re not going to be flat after seeing this. Like a manager telling his pitcher to throw high and hard at the other team’s best batter.  

You are right… while they were sitting there watching Twitter this Mike Garafolo teeet is really going to make them play so much better and with a true passion now. ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

The OLine is struggling.  I think the offense will need explosive plays to score. I don’t think a ball control offense will work this week but I’d love to be wrong.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

You are right… while they were sitting there watching Twitter this Mike Garafolo teeet is really going to make them play so much better and with a true passion now. ?

I would not want to challenge Von Miller and Ed Oliver to a “hit the quarterback as hard as you can” contest!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would not want to challenge Von Miller and Ed Oliver to a “hit the quarterback as hard as you can” contest!

Wait, aren’t the jets going to be mad that Allen doesn’t respect them enough to slide ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Don't be surprised if this team has more 3 and outs than points today. 

I misread this as more 3 and outs than punts today.  Which left me a bit confused.  Like, if you fake a punt and get stopped, is that still a three and out, or does it become a four and out?

• Haha 2

I'm thinking the Jets score a TD, and get a couple FGs in there. 13 pts. They'll have a couple nice throws, and a couple decent runs, but get ready to see Zach continue his pirouettes as the O line has a slightly below average game, which get compounded by Z's indecisiveness. 

Bills prolly get 3 TDs and 2 FGs. They do most of this on the ground and passing to the TEs. They'll get some yards from the WRs, but it will be a bit of a 'neither the Bills WRs nor the Jets CBs dominated' type conversation. I wouldn't be surprised if if Josh Allen is the leading rusher at the end of the day. If Mac Jones could pick up some decent yards on the ground, Allen will destroy us.

27 - 13 for the Bills.