<<<<<<< Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That was great analysis by me! Yeah, absolutely not what I expected from him. I thought he could have some success because the Bills are so zone-heavy, but I was impressed by his patience. Night and day from last week

I’m not ready to put my eggs back in the basket, but I expected more of last week, not what we got today.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

Patrick Mahomes played worse against the Bills than Zach did. Much better than solid

The playoff game that Mahomes won against the Bills last year was spectacular.  Zach's performance today was solid.  Maybe even very solid.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326633

image.png.b970d6963bd0f0ceb4ea1ffed9874048.png

Color me really impressed by Zach Wilson today and what I think was his best game and definitely the best game of the season for both our offense & defense!

I have to credit Mike LeFluer for making the necessary adjustments to keep Zach to only throwing short passes with his longest today was 24 yrds which is his shortest (long) throw of the any game so far this season. He also successfully coached Zach to only run forward today and never backwards. Zach throwing to Garret Wilson has become his favorite target and his go to receiver for gaining positive yards and 1st downs!

Our running game came through big time and especially down the stretch! Our defense had many big stops and turnovers throughout the game and was most impressive on the Bills final drive shutting down Josh Allen to ensure our amazing victory and the biggest upset game in the league today! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not ready to put my eggs back in the basket, but I expected more of last week, not what we got today.

I thought that would be true defensively, where Belichick/Patricia conceded his outside receiver to Sauce and just tossed it to the backs. Allen got a little bit up his own ass thinking he could make hay outside in the second half.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He keeps this up I owe @football guy a massive apology and at least a handy

I apologize for my soliloquies as well. I get intense lol but the Jets f’ing win baby 

(one game though. Again, it’s never too high and never too low with Zach… they know he has the ability and temperament… they will stick to their process for the long haul but all the better if the team are winning) 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

24 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'd say 85% ... Ignoring the efficiency against the best defense in the league is a falsity by omission.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No. What he said was true. Zach was solid but not great. He made some bad throws and lost a fumble. Much better than last week though. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No. What he said was true. Zach was solid but not great. He made some bad throws and lost a fumble. Much better than last week though. 

Jet fans need to understand no QB is going to have a perfect game. Did they cost us the win? Did they hold the offense back? Today he did exactly what he needed to do and got the win. 

• Upvote 3

So, will watch game tonight - enjoyed listening via NFL+ - didn't hear the last 10 minutes of the game - got a bunch of calls; each call and text was saying that the Jets gave me a nice b-day present; but it would have been nice to be able to listen to whole game.

Got to watch the last 1:20 - looks like Allen may have a elbow injury - that is too bad.

BTW, Tom Brady just throw the ball into the ground - is he the worst QB ever?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Jet fans need to understand no QB is going to have a perfect game. Did they cost us the win? Did they hold the offense back? Today he did exactly what he needed to do and got the win. 

Jets brass has to be very happy with this game.