Zach Wilson is a Living Nightmare - Alex Rollins

I don't want to put too much on one game (it is after all, one game) but i'm very curious to see how the CS/ZW respond w/ Buffalo. Do they play conservative to "preserve" Zach's psyche - score be damned? Do they make significant play calling adjustments?... Do they open it up to more simple RPO-type read and react stuff... 

All will be revealed tomorrow ?

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think you're willfully ignoring the glutton of posts that have nothing to do with the 3 plays, but more his lack intuitive/progressive play. It sucks that he threw 3 picks vs NE... but who cares. There's a line a mile long of QBs who have gone through the same thing... 

It's not what he's doing on the field, it's what he's not doing. Would love to be wrong, but there's warranted skepticism.  

No one is arguing that he is perfect or close to it. But you don’t don’t make as many high level throws in a game without doing something right 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

No one is arguing that he is perfect or close to it. But you don’t don’t make as many high level throws in a game without doing something right 

that's not what you said though. You said it's strange that ppl can't get over 3 plays. That's not the hang up.

Let's get through the tomorrow

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

He will show us why you don’t draft a one year wonder out of podunk college #2 overall

And that's exactly what he was. A one year wonder. The one game his last year when he faced some real pressure,  he folded. Against Coastal Carolina.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

I know another Zach Wilson thread. This video does a good job of highlighting everything that Zach is struggling with and some of the coaching that is making Zach even worse. This is a spot on analysis.

Interestingly, Alex Rollins did a positive video on Zach last year because his footwork was getting so much better, and thought Zach was turning a corner.  He now sees Zach regressing and thinks there is little chance of Zach turning it around. 

Why is this "Spot On?"

Because you say so? 

I think it's way off.  

I Honeslty don't know why this couldn't have gone into another Zach Wilson sucks thread?

It was always going to be two steps forward, one step back with Zach.  He had a long way to go.  Playing BB was always going to be a problem for Zach.  This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  

Surely wasn't to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

Well said.  Zach was really in a groove in the first half and then absolutely crumbled in the 2nd.  There were multiple plays where he simply didnt see a wide open player and his mechanics continue to be a problem, those are serious issues.

The question for me though is this - when he played so "well" against the Bucs (and during the end of year stretch last season) didnt he focus on getting the ball out quickly and taking what the defense was giving him?  It almost seems like he knows what hes supposed to do but cant stop himself from getting immediately into sandlot mode as the ball is snapped.

Today will certainly be interesting to see how he bounces back.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

I know another Zach Wilson thread. This video does a good job of highlighting everything that Zach is struggling with and some of the coaching that is making Zach even worse. This is a spot on analysis.

Interestingly, Alex Rollins did a positive video on Zach last year because his footwork was getting so much better, and thought Zach was turning a corner.  He now sees Zach regressing and thinks there is little chance of Zach turning it around. 

Never heard of him

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Hundreds of QB's come through the NFL that have an amazing arm and great athleticism.  Many of them, never see the field because they look like Zach Wilson when they get in an NFL game. The only reason Zach Wilson plays, is because of his draft selection.  Otherwise, there is absolutely no way you can justify that type of negligence at even attempting to improve his piss fundamentals that plagued him all last year as well. 

Which begs the question, why was he selected #2 and why weren't hundreds of other QBs considered? In short, he has special attributes that make taking him at #2 a gamble but the pay off is massive compared to someone like Mac Jones.

The only other option the Jets could have considered in a redraft, is trading out of #2 with the 49ers and convincing them to give us Jimmy G. Zach was always going to go #2 overall whether it was us or another team.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Pretty solid video.  Honestly think he's knocking the coaching staff a bit too much here. The kid is impossible to call plays for, it's a 50/50 toss up if he even give the play the opportunity to develop and/or he drop backs havent thrown the timing completely off.  That said, I do think it's on the coaching staff to adjust.  He cant run Lil Mikey's playbook, I'm not sure he can run any playbook and Lil Mikey has to do something about it.  The only and I mean only solution I can come up with is 90% RPO for entire game which will take away everything he does from the second the ball is snapped that throws the playoff immediately. 

Hundreds of QB's come through the NFL that have an amazing arm and great athleticism.  Many of them, never see the field because they look like Zach Wilson when they get in an NFL game. The only reason Zach Wilson plays, is because of his draft selection.  Otherwise, there is absolutely no way you can justify that type of negligence at even attempting to improve his piss fundamentals that plagued him all last year as well. 

Joe Douglass does not approve of this post 

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Which begs the question, why was he selected #2 and why weren't hundreds of other QBs considered? In short, he has special attributes that make taking him at #2 a gamble but the pay off is massive compared to someone like Mac Jones.

The only other option the Jets could have considered in a redraft, is trading out of #2 with the 49ers and convincing them to give us Jimmy G. Zach was always going to go #2 overall whether it was us or another team.

Wilson was not the only strong armed athletic QB in that class. He wasn’t consensus #2 early in the process. He was the one Douglas very visibly and obviously fell for and so he became consensus #2 because everyone knew the Jets were taking him.

But it’s not like it was Wilson versus Jones if you wanted an athletic QB. Lance had more tools with less track record and Fields had maybe less arm but more athleticism and way more big game track record. And as we’re seeing now with Fields, taking guys who can work designed QB run into the development plan helps build confidence as they’re developing.

Or they could’ve taken a step back, realized the recent history of taking quarterbacks 2-5 overall is as horrible as the team they’d be putting him on and that position player class was elite, and just not taken a QB there. A few position players in that class would’ve absolutely justified being taken second overall. And the trade down would’ve been fine too.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, derp said:

Wilson was not the only strong armed athletic QB in that class. He wasn’t consensus #2 early in the process. He was the one Douglas very visibly and obviously fell for and so he became consensus #2 because everyone knew the Jets were taking him.

But it’s not like it was Wilson versus Jones if you wanted an athletic QB. Lance had more tools with less track record and Fields had maybe less arm but more athleticism and way more big game track record. And as we’re seeing now with Fields, taking guys who can work designed QB run into the development plan helps build confidence as they’re developing.

Or they could’ve taken a step back, realized the recent history of taking quarterbacks 2-5 overall is as horrible as the team they’d be putting him on and that position player class was elite, and just not taken a QB there. A few position players in that class would’ve absolutely justified being taken second overall. And the trade down would’ve been fine too.

Lance was 2 years removed from a good season and I think that 2 Shanahan offense style teams passing on Fields is enough to justify people thinking he wasn't a fit. 

In the scenario where we go a position player, who is our QB? I don't disagree that there were top players in that class but I don't know what our plan would have been.

It’s almost like Zach and only Zach has this time limit and low margin for error. You never hear his about Trevor or Fields…bad game for fields…no problem…game ending interception for Trevor…we’ll get em next time….bad game for Zach…everyone comes out from under a rock to kill the kid…”red flags”…”Zach needs to grow up”…”he’s not the guy”…..multiple videos picking him apart….etc..a lot this is over the top…I get the feeling there are a lot people waiting to take shots at the kid….I get he’s played like crap…but he does not get held to the same standards as Trevor Lawerence or Fields.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1