Zach Wilson is a Living Nightmare - Alex Rollins

4 minutes ago, tfine said:

It’s almost like Zach and only Zach has this time limit and low margin for error. You never hear his about Trevor or Fields…bad game for fields…no problem…game ending interception for Trevor…we’ll get em next time….bad game for Zach…everyone comes out from under a rock to kill the kid…”red flags”…”Zach needs to grow up”…”he’s not the guy”…..multiple videos picking him apart….etc..a lot this is over the top…I get the feeling there are a lot people waiting to take shots at the kid….I get he’s played like crap…but he does not get held to the same standards as Trevor Lawerence or Fields.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He played a bad half 

Why are Zach Guys in panic mode right now? There’s a non-zero chance he puts up some numbers today. Kenny Pickett went for 325 earlier this year. Mike White got them for 251 last year. Is Zach Wilson better than Kenny Pickett or not? Damn. Just because literally every hot-take media “analyst” is doing “lolZach Wilson” segments on their shows and the developing theme of this season is “The Jets would have been very good with literally any other quarterback than Zach Wilson” doesn’t mean you should give up on him. Buck up, guys. Give Zach a chance.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Lance was 2 years removed from a good season and I think that 2 Shanahan offense style teams passing on Fields is enough to justify people thinking he wasn't a fit. 

In the scenario where we go a position player, who is our QB? I don't disagree that there were top players in that class but I don't know what our plan would have been.

Wilson had one good season playing a horrible schedule behind an elite offensive line. Fields’ weaknesses honestly overlapped pretty well with Wilson’s - holding the ball too long. You could make arguments against all three.

Which brings me back to the take a position player argument. 

Not to be glib, but given Wilson’s play does it matter who else the QB is? Bring in a veteran like some want to do next year now anyway, build up the team, take a shot on a QB when you find a guy you fall in love with and do what it takes to go get him (in the trade down scenario you accumulate ammo for that), develop him slowly. 

That’s the formula that’s worked for teams, not take a guy at 2 because he’s got a big arm and is a team’s favorite of a group even though he’s got red flags and the team doesn’t have the infrastructure to support him. Taking guys early because it’s early has been a failing strategy for teams for a long time now.

Or use assets to take a shot on a veteran should the right one come available. Like an elite guy who’s not about to fall off a cliff - if Lamar Jackson becomes available this offseason due to a contract dispute for example.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

man the Jets really must be the best team in the NFL to go 4-1 and average 25 ppg (good for top 5 in nfl) with a nightmare garbage QB

Thank you Breece Hall thank you? 

Seen same thing in Carolina with Darnold and CMac last year. While Darnold used CMac as a crutch that team looked like they could compete. They leaned on CMac too much, he went down and at the beginning of this year they moved to another QB. 

Zach looked fine and even flashed here and there. But the second Breece Hall went down he really can’t do much. It’s amazing  what a top 3 QB can do for a struggling QB. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Which begs the question, why was he selected #2 and why weren't hundreds of other QBs considered? In short, he has special attributes that make taking him at #2 a gamble but the pay off is massive compared to someone like Mac Jones.

The only other option the Jets could have considered in a redraft, is trading out of #2 with the 49ers and convincing them to give us Jimmy G. Zach was always going to go #2 overall whether it was us or another team.

Because the league, scouts and GM's are stupid when it comes to the QB? 

Why was Mayfield #1 overall?  Darnold 3rd?  Rosen 10?  Trubisky 3?  Goff/Wentz went 1 and 2?

Most of them over analyze it every year.  In this example, Fields was the easy choice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Thank you Breece Hall thank you? 

Seen same thing in Carolina with Darnold and CMac last year. While Darnold used CMac as a crutch that team looked like they could compete. They leaned on CMac too much, he went down and at the beginning of this year they moved to another QB. 

Zach looked fine and even flashed here and there. But the second Breece Hall went down he really can’t do much. It’s amazing  what a top 3 QB can do for a struggling QB. 

Yea can’t do much that’s why he had 355 yard and 2 TDs

If you are going to draft a raw QB who needs a lot of development you shouldn’t pair him with a first time play caller and a first time QB coach. In fairness no one could foresee the horrific accident that took Greg Knapp’s life. The Jets scrambled last year hiring Matt Cavanaugh which didn’t prove to be successful and then brought in John Beck who helped Zach show some improvement. What they didn’t do was bring in an experienced QB coach this year to help his development which is a huge mistake on their part. I suppose they assumed that Flacco could be that guy but he isn’t an experienced coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

I know another Zach Wilson thread. This video does a good job of highlighting everything that Zach is struggling with and some of the coaching that is making Zach even worse. This is a spot on analysis.

Interestingly, Alex Rollins did a positive video on Zach last year because his footwork was getting so much better, and thought Zach was turning a corner.  He now sees Zach regressing and thinks there is little chance of Zach turning it around. 

yeah, an über talented kid that is 4-1 this year and only played one season's worth of games has little chance of turning it around. SMH. It's just another form of click bait. Everyone thinks they can get inside the head of a QB - they can't. I'm sure he sold Josh Allen down the river after his second year too.

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why are Zach Guys in panic mode right now? There’s a non-zero chance he puts up some numbers today. Kenny Pickett went for 325 earlier this year. Mike White got them for 251 last year. Is Zach Wilson better than Kenny Pickett or not? Damn. Just because literally every hot-take media “analyst” is doing “lolZach Wilson” segments on their shows and the developing theme of this season is “The Jets would have been very good with literally any other quarterback than Zach Wilson” doesn’t mean you should give up on him. Buck up, guys. Give Zach a chance.

Wilson had 355 last week and you lost your mind anyway. 

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach went for 355 last week.

Numbers only matter for Jet fans when Zach wins.  Zach wins without strong numbers - Numbers are all that matters

When Zach loses numbers don't matter - Zach loses with 355 yards - Winning is all that matters

See how that works?  

I doubt it, what's sad is most of you guys are blinded by your hatred (yes, sadly I believe it's at the point of hatred right now) of this kid - you don't even see how ridiculous you are.

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Girl Smile GIF

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, derp said:

Wilson had one good season playing a horrible schedule behind an elite offensive line. Fields’ weaknesses honestly overlapped pretty well with Wilson’s - holding the ball too long. You could make arguments against all three.

Which brings me back to the take a position player argument. 

Not to be glib, but given Wilson’s play does it matter who else the QB is? Bring in a veteran like some want to do next year now anyway, build up the team, take a shot on a QB when you find a guy you fall in love with and do what it takes to go get him (in the trade down scenario you accumulate ammo for that), develop him slowly. 

That’s the formula that’s worked for teams, not take a guy at 2 because he’s got a big arm and is a team’s favorite of a group even though he’s got red flags and the team doesn’t have the infrastructure to support him. Taking guys early because it’s early has been a failing strategy for teams for a long time now.

Or use assets to take a shot on a veteran should the right one come available. Like an elite guy who’s not about to fall off a cliff - if Lamar Jackson becomes available this offseason due to a contract dispute for example.

I'm 100% behind a move for Lamar. I was 100% behind 3 firsts for Watson before all the allegations came out too. We would have landed him if it weren't for that. 

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Because the league, scouts and GM's are stupid when it comes to the QB? 

Why was Mayfield #1 overall?  Darnold 3rd?  Rosen 10?  Trubisky 3?  Goff/Wentz went 1 and 2?

Most of them over analyze it every year.  In this example, Fields was the easy choice. 

Ah, so we shouldn't listen to anyone? What is the point of this discussion if that is the stance?

1 hour ago, tfine said:

It’s almost like Zach and only Zach has this time limit and low margin for error. You never hear his about Trevor or Fields…bad game for fields…no problem…

Lawrence: 63%, 13 TD, 6 INT

Fields: 59%, 10 TD, 6 INT

Wilson: 55%, 4 TD, 5 INT

You really don’t see why two of these QB’s would be given more time and one is garnering a lot of concern?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Not sure what you’re getting at but again, I liked the Zach we saw during 4-0 better than the one from last week.

That Zach is most likely gone without Hall and AVT to lean on.

Thank you and a reasonable argument.  And I apologize if I attacked you.  I've been traveling for work and just got back to this craziness.   

We don't really know what Zach is without - AVT, CD and Hall...

He ran into Belichick - without any of those guys.  That would have been a tough order for anyone.

If fans here acknowledge the reality of the situation instead of gleefully declaring victory - this would be a different place.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Thank you and a reasonable argument.  And I apologize if I attacked you.  I've been traveling for work and just got back to this craziness.   

We don't really know what Zach is without - AVT, CD and Hall...

He ran into Belichick - without any of those guys.  That would have been a tough order for anyone.

If fans here acknowledge the reality of the situation instead of gleefully 

Zach WITH those guys was 55% for 1 TD and 2 INT’s.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I don't want to put too much on one game (it is after all, one game) but i'm very curious to see how the CS/ZW respond w/ Buffalo. Do they play conservative to "preserve" Zach's psyche - score be damned? Do they make significant play calling adjustments?... Do they open it up to more simple RPO-type read and react stuff... 

All will be revealed tomorrow ?

His style.

In my humble opinion, I feel you have to throw him in the deep end without the life vest.  Let's see if he can swim.

In my opinion, the coaching staff is pigeon holing him into the offense instead of letting play his style.  

Let's see how he plays when he isn't thinking and just plays.

That's said, quick hook if the score is within reach.  This game is important. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Ah, so we shouldn't listen to anyone? What is the point of this discussion if that is the stance?

Not sure why you're getting emotional over this, we're here on a message board, discussing it.  So clearly, there is a discussion.  Where there no discussions about who was better, Wilson, Lance, Jones of Fields?  Uh yeah, sh*t ton.  Still being discussed. 

Not sure what to tell you but this has been the case for years.  I dont listen to "experts" but I dont make the picks.  I was very vocal about Mahomes/Watson over waiting the next year.  I was very vocal Trubisky sucked.  I was very vocal and got beat up by half the board for these opinions, just like when I said Fields was the best QB in that class.  There are literally threads being bumped about my accuracy.  So not sure what you want to get out of this but it's proven verified fact, I make my own opinions based on what I see, not what I hear.  You base sh*t off what you hear, like that blow hard Chris Simms, and you end up with Zach Wilson at #2 overall for no logical reason. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Facts said:

Zach WITH those guys was 55% for 1 TD and 2 INT’s.

There you go again.  

Zach was 4-0 with those guys.  

The fact that you wrote what you wrote and it wasn't parody is precisely the point.

Your hatred has blinded you to anything positive.  It's at that point right now that any reasonable discussion is impossible.

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I don't want to put too much on one game (it is after all, one game) but i'm very curious to see how the CS/ZW respond w/ Buffalo. Do they play conservative to "preserve" Zach's psyche - score be damned? Do they make significant play calling adjustments?... Do they open it up to more simple RPO-type read and react stuff... 

All will be revealed tomorrow ?

I would like them to do more RPO type stuff.  It’s a small sample size but he’s very good in those situations.  Very bad under center and play action as well.  I can’t find the numbers for this particular split anywhere but from memory I’d guess his reps from under center where he does PA are horrendous, which is suppose to be a staple of this offense.

• Upvote 1