Sauce will have his worst game today

cjsaus44

Let me say that I love this thread. Notice that when we win, it’s usually when we have threads like these. Versus the other week when playing the pats there were all these threads about Pats suck and we are going to crush them just cuz they lost to Bears….

if we can just keep the negativity up for rest of year we might make the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Quite the opposite is true. Jets CBs don’t “travel” i.e. they don’t get assigned to a particular WR. So, if Sauce wasn’t on Diggs it is because the buffalo coaches were trying to keep Diggs away from Sauce.

To be fair they moved Sauce to LCB after he got burned......still had a tremendous game! 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

Quite the opposite is true. Jets CBs don’t “travel” i.e. they don’t get assigned to a particular WR. So, if Sauce wasn’t on Diggs it is because the buffalo coaches were trying to keep Diggs away from Sauce.

Big fan of reasonable dialogue. Thanks for this.

Indeed the Jets defense of a way different than it was in the Revis days. And your comment makes sense with the current setup.

My initial post was expressed hopes that the Jets wouldn’t play Sauce like they did Revis today. Thankfully they didn’t. 

He’s very, very good already. I’m thankful we have him playing like this as a rookie already.

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Left, right whatever you want to call it lol. He was moved to the opposite side after the Diggs catch 

I didn’t notice. I’ll check it out but i have my doubts. The jets D scheme is pretty rigid in assignments and i doubt they would flip their starting CBs. I saw some post game interviews with Sauce, Reid and Saleh and heard no questions about any decision to flip the CBs.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I had children.

Amazing response. Nobody else has children here and are able to withhold themself from calling someone else dicknose because they didn’t like their words about a player on a football team.

This makes sense. You were short, and chubby, and although seemingly nice at the time, you’re obviously quite insecure. 

Good luck with the kids.

• Haha 1

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

If there’s a better cornerback than Gardner in the NFL right now, I’d like to know who that is. He should be All-Pro this year, and has the potential to be DPOTY year going forward. 

There is a better cornerback in the NFL right now, and his name is D.J. Reed.  lol

Still, Sauce is certainly in the discussion for defensive rookie of the year, and that is no joke!

8 minutes ago, cjsaus44 said:

Amazing response. Nobody else has children here and are able to withhold themself from calling someone else dicknose because they didn’t like their words about a player on a football team.

This makes sense. You were short, and chubby, and although seemingly nice at the time, you’re obviously quite insecure. 

Good luck with the kids.

you mad oprah winfrey GIF

Also, no personal attacks. Thanks.

1 minute ago, cjsaus44 said:

You serious Clark? You, like everyone else, can see the thread regarding personal attacks.

Nah. Its mostly friendly and some people are dicks. Either way, don't let it get to you. I doubt what you experienced was personal. None of these clowns/trolls gave any of it second thought.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Sauce played well but I think again he was very lucky not to be called by refs for PI at end of game on that long pass attempt by Allen. 

He played the ball, got his hand on the ball.  That’s not a DPI, it’s good corner play.

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

To be fair they moved Sauce to LCB after he got burned......still had a tremendous game! 

He’s was on the same side at the start of the game as he was on the last D play of the game.  WRs move around, not CBs 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s was on the same side at the start of the game as he was on the last D play of the game.  WRs move around, not CBs 

He moved back there in the 4th. He literally was switched to the opposite side for a while after the Diggs catch. In fact, why do you think Diggs was feasting on DJ Reed for a bit in the 2nd quarter? Lol. 

But whatever man, I’m not arguing about this after everything else that went right today. Enjoy the win!

• Upvote 1