Zach Wilson 5-1

10 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

congrats on the win guys. Well deserved. Defense played lights out. I said they would give Allen trouble but I expected him to at least throw for 1 TD. Our offense looked like dog sh*t against them in reality and only got points because of Allen's legs on broken plays.

Also ran the ball down our throats, the defense looked baaaaaaad. At least the SB favorite talk will stop now, no way are we the best team in the league. I haven't checked but think we're now 3rd in the division. A wake up call if ever there was one

Man I thought you were DWC there for a sec lol with that name and picture

Bills are still 1st in the division, as dolphins and Jets are half a game behind.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Look, I've been saying this over and over again - and it should continue.

It's going to be two steps forward - one step back.

He'll keep moving in the right direction but he's going to still have some stinkers.  We just can't over react to either.

Exactly.  He was a raw talent when we drafted him similar to Allen.  I understand fans want him to be a finished product right away but that’s just not reality.  Gotta have patience 

• Upvote 2

Exactly.  He was a raw talent when we drafted him similar to Allen.  I understand fans want him to be a finished product right away but that’s just not reality.  Gotta have patience 

Like all players, you can’t judge a player on a play or series of plays, need a body of work to evaluate.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Zach did really well this game. Seemed like he corrected a lot of mistakes. First 100 rating game. 

Nice. Didn't know that.

This is after his first 300+ yard game last week that he sunk with a couple bad picks.

Again, I'll take a 2 steps forward, 1 step back season for Zach.  He's learning, the trajectory is still upwards.  Wilson is now 5-1 and I'd say he's played 4 really good games, 1 meh, and 1 bad.  

• Upvote 3

Right. He was incredible today with his 154 yards. 
He managed the game and did a good job there. Nice win. He played solid. He's also not the reason they won today. 

That’s a poor take, he’s part of the reason the team won today along with the rest of the TEAM! This isn’t Madden (throwing the ball all over the park) considering he played the #1 team in the NFL and outplayed their QB, he played a hell of a game and completed throws when needed.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

That’s a poor take, he’s part of the reason the team won today along with the rest of the TEAM! This isn’t Madden (throwing the ball all over the park) considering he played the #1 team in the NFL and outplayed their QB, he played a hell of a game and completed throws when needed.

The defense is carrying this team right now. Zach is playing the game manager role. He did that well today. Its progress. I dont see why it has to be labeled anything more than that. 

45 minutes ago, Barton said:

He MANAGED the game well. But if you notice, when he was pressued within 2 secs, he made some bad throws.

One thing of note was that he prevented a lot of pressure by being decisive and getting the ball out quickly. 

40 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He played a rock solid game this week and outplayed the NFL’s darling Josh Allen coming off a week where he was dragged through the media cycle

And what many probably forget or won’t acknowledge, Wilson wasn’t exactly destroyed for 60 minutes by Belichick  a la Sanchez/Darnold, the Jets lost by Only 5 points and Wilson played well enough to have a halftime lead before Belichick got to him.

I was hoping before the season started that the Jets would make the next step up to just being competitive, never dreamed they’d reach the point where most teams aren’t very happy to see them on their schedule…..and Zach Wilson IS a part of that, in his second season.

After Only 9 games the Jets have already eclipsed the Total number of games Las Vegas calculated they would win in 2022….5 1/2…..that’s an INCREDIBLE improvement, up and down the Roster.  And again Wilson is part of that being 5-1.

After seeing the stats on Josh Allen after 18 starts, I feel comfortable with the "Patience" talk.  Allen's stats nearly mirror Zach's.  Add to that, Zach had a fine game under control and grinding that Bills defense into the ground.

If Zach can continue to grow, this team can be dangerous.  That defense is solid and the offensive weapons are there.  When Fant and Mitchel return, this  O-line will give Zach more time and help that running game.

For now, I can say I never expected anywhere near this much, this early.

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I've been saying this over and over again - and it should continue.

It's going to be two steps forward - one step back.

He'll keep moving in the right direction but he's going to still have some stinkers.  We just can't over react to either.

This

The defense is carrying this team right now. Zach is playing the game manager role. He did that well today. Its progress. I dont see why it has to be labeled anything more than that. 

Because it’s a foolish take, he made throws when needed and outplayed Allen today. Was Allen a game manager today?

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Jets coaches have been waiting for this Zach. This + bye will give him the evidence he needs to buy into the game plan, but he will be unleashed soon. 

Zach post-bye could be a really fun watch 

Waiting for what? This is basically what he did all season except for the Patriots game. 

1 hour ago, Arsis said:

He played a really solid game. 1 throw that he missed on third down that was all on him. The fumble which is only half on him. Otherwise he played solid.

Absolutely agree.  He is developing great chemistry with Garrett Wilson.  The next step is finding his other wideouts.  Guys like Davis, Moore, Berrios and Mims can contribute more.  Loved the big pass to Mims.

Amazing how much better he looks when they give him some time.  Fant and Mitchell will help alot.  Hopefully, Fant after the bye and Mitchell the next week.  Helped himself a lot with those scrambles.

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Waiting for what? This is basically what he did all season except for the Patriots game. 

Not close.  He didn't make mistakes but only made a positive impact in the Pittsburgh win.  Tonight he was clean and made a ton of big plays.  His QB rating dwarf any other game.  All that and the added fact that he did it against the best defense in the game.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here is that other thing I’ve been prattling on and on about

The longer he holds onto the ball the worse the outcome of the play.  The one time he thought he could run around and avoid the rush he got strip sacked.  

The offense needs to help him get the ball out quickly, and mims going over the middle helps along with the TEs.  

• Upvote 1