Zach Wilson 5-1

3 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He didn’t play well? Did you watch the game? Come on now, how would you describe Allen’s performance?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Gotta be a tad bit fair dude.  Last week he was awful and was the reason we lost.  This week he was very good and easily outplayed Allen who has been praised as much or more than Mahomes 

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

WTF are you smoking.  

2 hours ago, Arsis said:

You're being silly. He played well today. If this is his ceiling that's a problem. He didn't play great or lights out but this definitely fits the criteria for well.

I can appreciate that the term "well" is open to interpretation.  

I specifically said he played better and he made plays which we needed.  

He was improved in many ways, and we received a better outing from him. 

I also said if he continues the "haters" will gladly eat crow.

At the end of the day we won and Wilson played "well" enough to help the offense to a win.

I was very happy to see him use his legs today.  This was something I have criticized him for.   He stepped into the pocket.  Very exciting.  His accuracy was suspect, which had been one of the biggest issues.

I obviously hope he continues to grow,  which he should.   This is as "well" as we need him to be and any additional growth will only be better for the team.

Jets are 6-3 going into the bye week and very few expected that. 

I am pumped with the TEAM.

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

Waiting for what? This is basically what he did all season except for the Patriots game. 

He was far more decisive and far less reckless today than he was against PIT/GB/DEN, but he also made big time throws in critical moments today. He was this against Miami but for the most part they had that game handled. 

4th Q Pittsburgh, Miami game, 1st half Patriots, and all of today is how they want him to play most of the time. They feel if he is good at doing this most of the time, he’ll become even more efficient when plays do go off-script. When his off-script playmaking becomes more efficient, that’s when you have a potentially special player.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

SUCK IT HATERS!

Threads like this are just bad. Zach played well today but the D bailed him out a couple of times. That strip sack was awful but fortunately Allen made an even worse play right after that. That said he made a number of good plays also. The pass to Mims was clutch in the 4th qrt. I think if he plays this way from here on out,  we have a real shot to make some noise but there are still some things he needs to clean up. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Zach’s teammates certainly seem to fully support him. I suspect it is because they have a first hand realization of just how hard it is to play QB in the NFL combined with knowing that Zach Wilson has unique physical skills that will translate into him being an excellent QB once he gets enough game reps that things become second nature and slow down for him.

• Upvote 1

He had a couple of bad plays that could have cost this team: 

1) High throw to Mims in 2nd-ended up being a pretty big miss as Bills scored after 

2) Fumble play-got to be more aware of the situation there. Will give him a bit of a pass because of the ridiculous camera BS.  Also Von Miller is a hall of famer. 

3) Missed a wide open Conklin on third down (pressured). To be fair Mims dropped a good throw on the play before 

4) Looked to screw up a zone read play on the last drive. If he held it he walks into the end zone. Again tip your cap to Von Miller. 

Would like to see more deep shots. They missed one to Mims on the first drive by a yard. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Zach has a sky high ceiling and has shown he’s capable of improving.  That’s enough for today. 

Hit the nail right on the head.

Zach has played a lot of bad, no good football. However he's so loaded with talent that you gotta keep going with him as long as he shows improvement. 

It wasn't too flashy of a game, but I'm ecstatic with his improvement in so many areas just from last week. Such a quick turnaround is wild. He obviously has to keep it up for it to be meaningful longterm, but a game like this is what we wanna see from him at this point.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

Waiting for what? This is basically what he did all season except for the Patriots game. 

Over 70% completion? TD passes? Stepping up in the pocket to throw? Running when he saw an open lane?

There was a lot left to be desired of him this game but he showed significant progress this game. Maybe I feel this way because I expected an implosion, but I did not see normal Zach this game.