Wilson bashers.... edit: wilson is ass!!

neckdemon

40 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Kid looked much better today than he has at any time this year. Can he turn it around completely? Time will tell as consistency is the mark of a legit NFL QB. but any of us who bashed the past couple weeks deserves to eat their crow here, at least for this week he served it up to us. Let's hope he keeps it up. I'll be happy to have been wrong about him

Wahoo... About time

38 minutes ago, Corn said:

This is disrespectful to the rest of the team. disrespecting the running game the defensive line the defense.That's who won this game!

Unbelievably great game but All Zac did was not screw up.

Pretty bad take overall.

Zach's a 2nd yr QB...at this point it's all he should be doing while showing progress overall.

How many times did you see Zach run backwards today?  He stepped up in the pocket and made some runs.  Made throws when needed.

Give it a break.

• Upvote 3

Zack really surprised me today. Bouncing back from last week’s game like this was not something I expected at all. He’s going to have to stack games like this before I’ll be convinced that this is the real Zack Wilson and not last week’s version.

That being said, I saw growth from him today. He wasn't perfect, and there's still things he needs to clean up, especially missing on those easy throws and dumps, BUT he stood tall in the pocket all game and pulled the ball down and ran when the defense gave it to him. No silly scrambles to extend plays long enough to force the ball downfield. Hope he can build on this. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

WTF was wrong with the offensive game plan and execution?

The game plan was outstanding, the adjustments they made even better.

That last drive when they needed to keep the Bills offense on the side line, they did exactly that and ran the ball down their throats and did it with perfect execution by bleeding the clock.

Why are Jets fans so damn pathetic after a win?

Zach haters, breaking out statz… No mention of how the whole world was against him, and he picked himself off the mat and made  throws, sustained long drives… people think if we have a running game, that means the quarterback sucks, unbelievable…

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I actually don't think he played a ton better today and I mean that in a good way. He's been playing a conservative game focused on not turning the ball over all year and today he had his best game within that spectrum, but it's right within where he's been most of this year. When he doesn't do the thing where he runs 20 yards backwards 2-3 times a game this is how he's played a lot this year. Team's 5-1 with him for a reason.

He did run a bit more today and that's a good thing.

the point is that there were quite a few of us who were saying the kid looks like a traijn wreck and barely belongs on a NFL football field. at least for this week he proved that wrong. this isn't a "omg zach is a legit franchise saving qb" thread. it's a hey, we were wrong for saying he shouldn't even be out there thread. he proved today that maybe he CAN get better and become a franchise qb. it all remains to be seen, but today he proved he should be given more of a chance

• Upvote 1

I'll gladly eat crow. What I saw today was the best game of his pro career by far. This game truly is unpredictable. I was certain he was as good as dead but now we got some life! I think the CS has a lot to do with it as well. They seemed to change up the approach quite a bit and catered more to Zach's skillset. I'm excited to see what develops after the BYE.

• Upvote 3

He was good today.  Made some throws when need (wasnt great on 3rd down passing but picked up a few with his legs).  Michael Carter averaged more ypc than Zach today, so it wasnt special but it was just enough.  Kind of how he's been all year except vs NE.  I think this is just who he is, decent game manager with some splash play ability here and there who can win as long as he doesnt play stupid. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Stats don’t look amazing but he completed 72% and he didn’t backpedal like normal. He looked poised and confident. He looked like a completely different QB today.

Yea, the nonsensical stuff was reigned in wayyyyy more. Very promising. We didn’t win in spite of him, he deserves full credit for contributing to a great team win.

• Upvote 4

Just now, usapaw said:

Wilson finished 18 of 25 for 154 yards and a TD pass . I'm thrilled he played well and kept the game under control but he just had an OK game; the team had a great game. 

Some are too hung up on stats.  Last week he has 350 yds but was awful.  It’s about making the smart plays and sustaining long drives wearing down the defense 

16 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

the point is that there were quite a few of us who were saying the kid looks like a traijn wreck and barely belongs on a NFL football field. at least for this week he proved that wrong. this isn't a "omg zach is a legit franchise saving qb" thread. it's a hey, we were wrong for saying he shouldn't even be out there thread. he proved today that maybe he CAN get better and become a franchise qb. it all remains to be seen, but today he proved he should be given more of a chance

He’s the starting QB for the Jets.   Give him a chance?   He’s it.  Unless he gets hurt he’s the QB.   Douglas and Saleh are committed to Zach.  The team is behind him.  They have drafted players and signed free agents to support him.

This idea that Douglas and Saleh are ready to give up on Zach anytime soon is a fantasy.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Kid looked much better today than he has at any time this year. Can he turn it around completely? Time will tell as consistency is the mark of a legit NFL QB. but any of us who bashed the past couple weeks deserves to eat their crow here, at least for this week he served it up to us. Let's hope he keeps it up. I'll be happy to have been wrong about him

He fixed 2 major simple flaws. Hard to fix , easy say.

1. He ran for 5-7 yards when available.

2. He didn't run backwards/circles.

He actually made 3-4 poor throws that if 2 had been better, this game isn't close.

He is developing. It's fun to watch. He hasn't hit his peak yet.

Games like today are all Wilson has to do to keep this team in contention 

Turn and hand the ball off

Stay in the pocket, take your layups, take the open space in front of you on scrambles 

Wilson just has to reign in the panic-mode part of his game

this team has a good enough defense and run game to hang with anybody 

• Upvote 1

He didn't blow the game today so I'm thankful for that. He was ok today and avoided all the backpedaling BS that has littered his career. If that's "eating crow", so be it. I'm going to enjoy this huge upset, the Jets being tied with Buffalo for the most wins in the division and I leave the Zach hive to enjoy your belief that today's game means he's a superstar. 

For me he passed the eyeball test today, coming off the Mat after his horrendous performance last week…

The ball came out fast, not too many crazy zany scrambling plays, he ran smartly when given the lanes, and the biggest play of the season on time to Mims of all people, his connection with Garrett is really coming on, and when the Buff D (ranked overall #1 I believe) didn’t give him anything he didn’t try and do too much, the FG at the end of the game won the game, he didn’t force a pick or do too much.  He also played all out on that attempt at the goal and sacrificed his body.  The kid is tough as nails in the toughest market in the country, and although he is not the same body type as Josh, he’s a good comp to learn his trajectory.  Josh running style has ascended him quickly as his throwing developed, Zach doesn’t have that same running skill set so we will take game manager in his early years with the occasional flash play while this amazing D carries the team.  His trajectory might mirror the Russell Wilson playbook where Pete brought him along slow with a strong run game and stout D  while his passing skills developed.

I was very down on Zach last week,  but he absolutely looked good today and played a terrific game, with just what the team needed from him.  I hope he continues to stack games like this, I’m excited for his development (again…).

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

I'll gladly eat crow. What I saw today was the best game of his pro career by far. This game truly is unpredictable. I was certain he was as good as dead but now we got some life! I think the CS has a lot to do with it as well. They seemed to change up the approach quite a bit and catered more to Zach's skillset. I'm excited to see what develops after the BYE.

i'm sure he got talked to this week. something like this: "stop with the ballerina bullsh*t, step up and make ******* throws"

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

He didn't blow the game today so I'm thankful for that. He was ok today and avoided all the backpedaling BS that has littered his career. If that's "eating crow", so be it. I'm going to enjoy this huge upset, the Jets being tied with Buffalo for the most wins in the division and I leave the Zach hive to enjoy your belief that today's game means he's a superstar. 

nowhere in my post did i anoint him some superstar. not even close actually....

I don't think that people who were concerned about his play have any crow to eat.  It was concerning.  He was doing dumb things.  Today, he didn't do dumb things and it paid off.  So for those of us who said he should stop doing dumb things, it looks like we were right.

Now for anyone who wrote him off as a bust already?  That's pretty dumb too.  

• Upvote 1

He played fine and within the system. He has played stupid, selfish football and today he put the team first. I'm not sure how much credit he deserves for that. Its a step in the right direction though. Whether or not he can continue to do it will be the test

19 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Games like today are all Wilson has to do to keep this team in contention 

Turn and hand the ball off

Stay in the pocket, take your layups, take the open space in front of you on scrambles 

Wilson just has to reign in the panic-mode part of his game

this team has a good enough defense and run game to hang with anybody 

No other NFL QB has done that against the Bills this year.  The idea that Zach didn’t make some big plays and merely managed this win is a bad take.  

NFL QBs don’t just manage teams to wins in this league.   They have to make plays in big spots.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Some are too hung up on stats.  Last week he has 350 yds but was awful.  It’s about making the smart plays and sustaining long drives wearing down the defense 

I'm not complaining, it's just not all a QB who wins games;  why can't people get past that?  He did what he needed to do and I hope that continues. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

I'm not complaining, it's just not all a QB who wins games;  why can't people get past that?  He did what he needed to do and I hope that continues. 

Did I say it was all him?  In fact I said several times it was a complete team effort

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach took what his opponent gave him his passes were mostly accurate and on a few occasions smartly used his legs to make plays. If he can show this kind of discipline and smarts he can win games which is why the drafted him. 

I thought him using his legs was a key.

was quick and decisive and seemed to gain a bit of confidence after each run.

the one time he started going backward he quickly got rid of the ball out of bounds.

smart controlled game for zach

I'm not a ZW hater but I'm glad he stopped playing retarded football. He actually stood in the pocket like a franchise QB today. Hope he continues playing smart football and we'll win. I didn't think he would be able to do what he did today after that performance last week 

• More Ugh 1

Still got stripped sacked and lost the ball. I screamed to throw it. He did enough not to lose the game today. Now he needs to build on it. The defense was on point and they got a brilliant win against a very good team. The running game got them down the field and he did have a nice run on that field goal to take the lead. So let’s relax, he managed the game well. I’m excited, but he needs to build on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• More Ugh 2