Dear Mr. Warfish

Just now, Warfish said:

It was amazing. Everything was amazing. From meeting Maxman and  Jethead for the tailgate, to going in early to see the warmups, to the spectacular game we had today. Just amazing.

Pretty epic first game!

You were wise to wait! Congrats! What a memory this will be!

my first jets game was the divisional win over Jacksonville with my dad - best memory of my life. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It was amazing. Everything was amazing. From meeting Maxman and  Jethead for the tailgate, to going in early to see the warmups, to the spectacular game we had today. Just amazing.

The biggest thank you goes to Zach and the Jets. Such a win. Wow. I couldn’t have asked for a more memorable day.

Congrats WF, some day I will get to my first game

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The biggest thank you goes to Zach and the Jets. Such a win. Wow. I couldn’t have asked for a more memorable day.

So glad you got to go to this one brother!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

So happy for you  brother, like some movie type shit. Amazing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Know the feeling. My first was a home win against pats 2015 and the second the slaughter on dolphins 2022. I recommend that you go more often ??

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

This is exactly what the ‘heart’ emoji was for…ah well

hope you wore the kilt big man ??????? !….so happy you got to be there for such a huge win

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Pretty epic first game!

my first jets game was the divisional win over Jacksonville with my dad - best memory of my life. 

It is very cool to have a great win as your first game. I'm sure all too many Jet fans have a lifeless drubbing as their first Jet game. Fortunately, my first game was the Todd is God game where they beat the Fins on a game winning drive where Todd hit 6 (?) different WRs and the Jets moved into first place in the division.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

@Maxman Need Pics from tailgate to see @Warfish at his Jet best & uniform choice 

• Upvote 2

Also, thanks to this thread title for reminding me of this little tune:

I have to say, it was a pure pleasure meeting @Jethead and his beautiful wife, and getting to enjoy his tales of the golden era of the Grateful Dead during the tailgate.  This guy saw the Dead in 69'.  I can only bow down in pure jealousy and admiration.  And he's a truly good guy to boot.  So glad I got to meet him.

Hopefully next time, I can go to the game Max arranges as the forum meetup, so I can meet more of you fine folks.  I promise, I'm not so ornery in real life, as I hope Max and JetHead can now attest :)

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

@Maxman meeting him was a bit underwhelming wasn't it??? :)

That game was EPIC!!!!!  Was excited for you. I went to the Favre game in TENN in 2008  and , like your day, all was SUPER.  Day's like that are few and far between.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Apparently I missed Warfish by a few minutes.  Maybe for the best.  Max had a small municipality at his tailgate party.

Sorry to hear that :(  My wife and I headed in pretty early, I'm pretty slow moving these days, and wanted to see all that there was to be seen, inside and out.

Hopefully next time!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Pretty epic first game!

That’s a great memory. 

My 1st game was our last home playoff game, 41-0 beating of the Colts in 02’. Another epic game in Jets history and a great memory of my Jets fandom! 

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

@Maxman meeting him was a bit underwhelming wasn't it??? :)

That game was EPIC!!!!!  Was excited for you. I went to the Favre game in TENN in 2008  and , like your day, all was SUPER.  Day's like that are few and far between.

I have been meeting "internet friends" since 2004. You never know what you are going to get lol.

@Warfish is a solid guy, really was great meeting him. Same with @Jethead. Yesterday was a good day all around.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Apparently I missed Warfish by a few minutes.  Maybe for the best.  Max had a small municipality at his tailgate party.

You guys have a great tailgate. I hope we can get the RVs together one of these weeks.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Promise us you didn't leave early to beat traffic with the Jets trailing 17-10! And post some pics if you can! Glad you had a good time.

I decided in pre-season that these kids were special and that this game had a chance to be a "moment". So we crossed our fingers and decided to fly up from Atlanta.

Next thing I saw Warfish's post saying he had chosen this to be his first Jets game. Cosmic forces at work.

'Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile!"

• Post of the Week 1