WR snaps: Mims > E. Moore

Bronx

They’re almost actively avoiding him at this point. I thought they‘d appease him with some reverses and screens but they’ve actually done that with everyone but him. 

I’ll have to rewatch it but Moore also didn’t look to be playing with any intensity. Something is wrong and I imagine he moves in the offseason. A shame because he’s talented.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jets win the biggest game in 10+ years

JetNation: “Which Jet player should we bash today.” 

Facts... we're a wonderfully ****ed up bunch 

I expected way more jubilation and way less looking for angles to get bent on but Jets fans cant help themselves.... I honestly dont know how we are not just ****ing celebrating ecstatically right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Moore is just learning the lesson of playing on Robert Saleh’s team. Put your head down, work hard, do your job, don’t bellyache and you’ll get your opportunities on the field. When those opportunities come, make the most of them and more will come. If you don’t make the most of your opportunities, it’s next man up.

I’m confident moore will rediscover his mojo and role. I’m not sure if he had any post game comments, but he seemed to be celebrating with his teammates after the second half TD, which was a good sign.

Great post.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Mims has ability 

he reallly has to stop with the penalties at some point - The number of penalties he has had from the WR position in such a limited number of career snaps seems alarming, but I haven’t counted. 

His blocking and effort on the catches he almost caught earned my respect. I’m glad he is on the team.

Agree on the penalties.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I like Mims more than you do, but Moore is still a very talented player who we will need at some point. We are deep at WR so we can afford for other guys to shine, but an injury or two can change everything 

Oh yeah i agree our Wr position now as opposed to a couple years ago is night and day, hell even our training camp guys were better this year and looked promising.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

I wouldn't ever thought of this. Mims has outclassed and outplayed E. Moore and the latter should be subject to trade next year.

Screenshot_20221106_211422.thumb.jpg.38625f069e74671962b60d7c57bbf55f.jpg

Im not a fan of this coach picks who he likes based on anything other than the field and talent. Maybe mins really is better than Moore, i doubt it, but there is no way j smith or berries is. 

I think a message is being sent and maybe it is better for the team overall, ness around and find out, no one is above the team etc...sure ok. Maybe shadowbanning Moore by the coaches is really happening,. Maybe Zach just don't like him for dissing him. Idk. But it just seems bad that we have this talented dude doing nothing for us.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Jump in 45 secs or so— interesting how much love Wilson is throwing Mims.  Is it in spite of Moore? Either way they seem to be falling over themselves to talk up Mims

Truth, wilson needs mims, he needs those big wrs to make that clutch catch at the end of the game.  Wilson is probably thrilled that mims got his head on straight so he could get on the field.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

34 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

How do we know who is better if Moore continues to get nearly zero passes thrown his way. The guy has had 1 target in his last 3 games. At least throw his way every once in a while to keep the defense honest. 

Mims Booster here but you are right!!!!

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

Freaking Jeff Smith always gets a target on his very few snaps.  That's the salt in Moore's wound. 

Situation is so weird. 

First play of the day for the offense, Wilson took the shot down the sideline to Mims but Moore was open, I figured, meh, just didn’t see him and wanted the 1 on 1 knowing Mims is a big body and can go up and get it… kept an eye on that all game.. became more and more evident that Moore wasn’t getting the ball and it’s been this way for several, several weeks. 

I wonder if Wilson and Moore got into it behind the scenes and now you’re seeing Wilson bitch him on targets. Because no catches is one thing but no targets? Oof….

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Jump in 45 secs or so— interesting how much love Wilson is throwing Mims.  Is it in spite of Moore? Either way they seem to be falling over themselves to talk up Mims

Problem is...Moore and Mims are not interchangeable.  Just like Davis and Moore aren't either.

Question is why the Jets don't give Moore some of the looks they give Berrios.  That's the comparable.

36 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They’re almost actively avoiding him at this point. I thought they‘d appease him with some reverses and screens but they’ve actually done that with everyone but him. 

I’ll have to rewatch it but Moore also didn’t look to be playing with any intensity. Something is wrong and I imagine he moves in the offseason. A shame because he’s talented.

It’s not a coincidence that moore was demoted and now they love mims.  Definitely using these guys as examples of how to enforce culture violations.  Can’t argue with the results.  From a trading perspective i imagine moore has more value.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

First play of the day for the offense, Wilson took the shot down the sideline to Mims but Moore was open, I figured, meh, just didn’t see him and wanted the 1 on 1 knowing Mims is a big body and can go up and get it… kept an eye on that all game.. became more and more evident that Moore wasn’t getting the ball and it’s been this way for several, several weeks. 

I wonder if Wilson and Moore got into it behind the scenes and now you’re seeing Wilson bitch him on targets. Because no catches is one thing but no targets? Oof….

While I would say not everything is a conspiracy,  Mims may be more a team guy than Moore?

The guy Moore should be competing for touches with is not Mims....it's Berrios IMO, and on the rare occasion, Smith.

Problem is...Moore and Mims are not interchangeable.  Just like Davis and Moore aren't either.
Question is why the Jets don't give Moore some of the looks they give Berrios.  That's the comparable.
Cause Berrios is very quick, very good at catching the ball, the picture perfect team player and electric spark guy

Moore to this point. .. whiny bitch

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

It’s not like berrios gets a lot of targets either.  GW and davis got most of the wr targets this year, and now the TEs are getting some too along with the rbs.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s not a coincidence that moore was demoted and now they love mims.  Definitely using these guys as examples of how to enforce culture violations.  Can’t argue with the results.  From a trading perspective i imagine moore has more value.

Barring a great return, I would NOT trade him...not until perhaps during his last year of his contract at the deadline if he still is not an integral part of this offense.  He is a talented player.  Based on talent alone he should be able to supplant Berrios in his role on O at least, not sure about STs?  Anyway, injuries happen and sometimes it takes awhile to get guys to buy into the 'team' concept.  JMO

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Barring a great return, I would NOT trade him...not until perhaps during his last year of his contract at the deadline if he still is not an integral part of this offense.  He is a talented player.  Based on talent alone he should be able to supplant Berrios in his role on O at least, not sure about STs?  Anyway, injuries happen and sometimes it takes awhile to get guys to buy into the 'team' concept.  JMO

If this continues for the rest of the year, i can see douglas flipping moore for a 2nd round pick and then adding a wr to replace him.  Moore is a good slot wr and those can be found in the draft. 

23 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Moore not getting not targeted is bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He’s still in the doghouse 

I think it’s intentional by LaFleur

If he wanted to get Moore involved, he would have

Wilson rarely gets beyond his primary, and LaFleur is obviously aware of this 

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Moore was 2nd last year on the WR group depth chart, while Berrios was 4th. This is a huge drop-off for Moore.

I get it....but last year Davis got hurt, and there was no Garrett Wilson.  Tarik Black, Vyncint Smith and Keelan Cole were the other options other than Mims.  Berrios is the perfect 4th WR and ST guy.  Jeff Smith is ok as WR 5 and ST play.

Personally, I don't think Davis will be here next year.  The Jets can save like $10 mill on the cap if he's gone after this year.  I think that assumes the Jets want to go that way if Mims pans out which I hope he does.

Then you'd have Wilson, Mims and Moore as #1-3, Berrios as #4 and whomever at #5.

• Upvote 1

Just now, greenwave81 said:

I get it....but last year Davis got hurt, and there was no Garrett Wilson.  Tarik Black, Vyncint Smith and Keelan Cole were the other options other than Mims.  Berrios is the perfect 4th WR and ST guy.  Jeff Smith is ok as WR 5 and ST play.

Personally, I don't think Davis will be here next year.  The Jets can save like $10 mill on the cap if he's gone after this year.  I think that assumes the Jets want to go that way if Mims pans out which I hope he does.

Then you'd have Wilson, Mims and Moore as #1-3, Berrios as #4 and whomever at #5.

Plus the jets had no TEs either.   The td pass was to robinson.  There’s enough options, and now you see wilson looking for mims.  

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Going to be patient with Moore. He can play and will be factor at some point. 

Seriously. Look at Mims now after he was in the dog house basically from inception with this coaching staff. Give Moore some time, he didn't magically lose his ability overnight. 

• Upvote 4