Connor Hughes: "The Jets have The Best Defense in the NFL"

jetsons

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Reading comprehension, I only said Zach sucks, we have a team that is very good despite of him.  D is good, O-line some how came together and we have play makers, if only the QB could look off his first read without throwing a INT (yes today if first read wasn’t open it was throw it away it’s like he got the red yellow green light Sanchez treatment) before today. 

And I’ll say it again imagine this team with Justin Fields.  52 good players 1 bad one.

I have been justly critical of ZW.  Today, ZW did not give it away.  He did not win the game, but he did not lose it.  If ZW continues his new found maturity, the Jets will continue to win.  They have the tools to beat any team in the league so long as ZW does not give it away. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I have been justly critical of ZW.  Today, ZW did not give it away.  He did not win the game, but he did not lose it.  If ZW continues his new found maturity, the Jets will continue to win.  They have the tools to beat any team in the league so long as ZW does not give it away. 

No they will continue to wallow, Average QB’s at best with a good team which we have get you one and done, that’s Zach.

35 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You are blind!  If there was a way to wager I’d bet my house and car.

I’m blind?  You don’t watch games.

It’s ok, you wanted Fields.  But he’s not been the better player in any catagory other than TD passes.  Meaningless

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No they will continue to wallow, Average QB’s at best with a good team which we have get you one and done, that’s Zach.

What else you got Nostradamus?  
Did you have Zach beating the Bills today?  Did you have him at 5-1 after his first 6 games?  No, but you’re telling us about 1 and outs, because this is a SB team apparently held back by the QB

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m blind?  You don’t watch games.

It’s ok, you wanted Fields.  But he’s not been the better player in any catagory other than TD passes.  Meaningless

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out.gif.357a5ceb1fe9fe34fb26484d80345111.gif

I mean he shouldn't be bothering on a day like this, but you are just flat out wrong. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsZa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FielJu00.htm

This season, on a far inferior team where he is forced to carry the offense eveyr week, Fields is beating Wilson in:

completion %, yards, yards per attempt, TDs, TD% and this doesn't even account for the running where he has 424 yards, second highest in the league for QBs behind Jackson. 

You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. 

52 minutes ago, maury77 said:

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out.gif.357a5ceb1fe9fe34fb26484d80345111.gif

I mean he shouldn't be bothering on a day like this, but you are just flat out wrong. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsZa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FielJu00.htm

This season, on a far inferior team where he is forced to carry the offense eveyr week, Fields is beating Wilson in:

completion %, yards, yards per attempt, TDs, TD% and this doesn't even account for the running where he has 424 yards, second highest in the league for QBs behind Jackson. 

You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. 

Completion percentages are so close, especially after today that they’re meaningless.  Zach is easily throwing more yards per game, have no idea where you’re getting yards, they’ve thrown for pretty much the same yardage with Fields having played in what 3 more games?  

I can care less about TDS, who has lead his teams to more points is what I care about.  Breece catching passes and getting stopped at the one twice against Miami  means nothing, they hung 40 up on the board.  So yeah, it’s facts along with the main fact.  Zach is 5-1.  Doesn’t mean ZW will be the better QB but there isn’t anything in Fields year that says he’s the better QB

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Reading comprehension, I only said Zach sucks, we have a team that is very good despite of him.  D is good, O-line some how came together and we have play makers, if only the QB could look off his first read without throwing a INT (yes today if first read wasn’t open it was throw it away it’s like he got the red yellow green light Sanchez treatment) before today. 

And I’ll say it again imagine this team with Justin Fields.  52 good players 1 bad one.

Do you have to butt into every thread with ‘Zach Wilson sucks’? We know he isn’t great, but he had arguably the best game of his season at least in terms of mechanics and how he looked, and against one of the best defenses in the NFL at that. 

You made a whole thread for this, you don’t need to put it into threads about defense or whatever. It’s annoying. I respect your opinion but you don’t have to put it everywhere you possibly can.

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Mario said:

Fields had 3 TDs but only 4.4 YPA. Hard to win like that without rushing for 150+ yds. 

I always thought Justin was the safest pick beyond Lawrence. His running gave him the highest floor. Will his arm catch up to his legs? Who knows. 

I don't know about highest floor, but def highest ceiling.

As far as the YPA, it depends on personnel, playcalling, and what the OC is asking the QB to do.  They just added Claypool but need time to integrate him into the offense.

Fields' pass catching corps outside of Mooney has been an absolute joke.  ESB, Pettis, Kmet, Ryan Griffin.  They were even rolling with Smith-Marsette.  Mooney is 5'11" but 170 lbs soaking wet.  Not exactly an alpha WR1.

If anybody thinks Zach Wilson has it in him to rush for 178 yds with 3 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD with 0 TOs, that's insane.

If Fields can do this behind a trash OL and laughable "weapons", imagine what he could do with Hill, Waddle, etc.