Ashtyn Davis, Elijah Moore

First, I saw #8 Elijah Moore running around. Don't recall if he got a single target/catch...none that comes to mind. I did see him do a quick U-turn shaped spin around the back of Zack but after the ball was snapped he disappeared.  What do you think about his effort, and why he's getting close to zero targets, even today?

To me is just seemed to be a numbers game.....out side of the hot hand Garrett Willson and Conklin pulling everything down in their path, there just weren't tons of ops for anyone else. I saw Mims on a few good run blocks and his third down snag late in the game...I mean we ran it like 5 or 6 times straight but came up a bit short, had a 3rd and 6, Zack thru a laser to Mims for a first down, and we were able to eat more time off the clock before kicking our last FG. But I think Mims is doing about what we want him to...continue to block in the RG and get ready for your one or two opportunities. They seem to come at critical times.

Now back to Moore, he was playing HARD but nada. What will it take for Moore to become a regular target similar to Garrett? Unfortunately it may take Garrett taking a game off with a sore toe or something, then Moore becomes the MAN that game and we all love him again. Or it may take a few more games where MLF starts to believe in Zack a bit more and opens up the passing game, giving all our pass catchers (and RBs) a shot a catching a rock or two.

If Corey Davis was up for this game, Saleh said Mims has earned the right to be out there right along with him (so one of the others gets sat down....Jeff Smith? Moore?) Any way will be interesting to see how our offense looks for the Pats game with Corey Davis back, Mims still called up, Garrett of course, and little Braxton hoping to make noise. Plus our TEs making some huge grabs. I will be interesting to see how MLF fits all these pieced out there. Cant wait!

Well I got rambling a bit more that I though (so excited about our big win!) so I'll end with a mention for Ashtyn Davis. The invisible man who only shows up when we need a huge play, then he goes away for another game or two. This week he was called to take the direct snap on that fake FG and plow 8 yards dead up the middle of the Bills D line for a critical 1st down, that led to our first points! Our team is so talented we can keep a gremlin locked in a box under the stadium then bring him out when need a huge play....then lock him back up, maybe throw him a hotdog! No,, but Ashtyn time is very little, but when his name is called he somehow pulls off whatever his assignment is. I know we all wanted him gone during cutdown, but can we keep him know? He's almost like our mascot at this point!

• Upvote 1

Moore is now in his more natural position. It’s going to take time for him and Zach to develop that chemistry again. Right now, he is splitting slot time with Berrios. And Zach seems to really trust Wilson.

The best development is that Wilson is playing extremely well at the X. That’s huge.

I think when Davis comes back, he and Mims will rotate. Similar to how Moore and Berrios were split today. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Moore is now in his more natural position. It’s going to take time for him and Zach to develop that chemistry again. Right now, he is splitting slot time with Berrios. And Zach seems to really trust Wilson.

The best development is that Wilson is playing extremely well at the X. That’s huge.

I think when Davis comes back, he and Mims will rotate. Similar to how Moore and Berrios were split today

That makes sense, especially if Davis still has a slightly gimpy knee. Rotating him with Mims makes sense. But I'd also like to see both Corey AND Mims at the same time...two tall, fast WRs. Gives Zack more options on how he throws the ball when his target is 6'5".

8 hours ago, FootballLove said:

First, I saw #8 Elijah Moore running around. Don't recall if he got a single target/catch...none that comes to mind. I did see him do a quick U-turn shaped spin around the back of Zack but after the ball was snapped he disappeared.  What do you think about his effort, and why he's getting close to zero targets, even today?

To me is just seemed to be a numbers game.....out side of the hot hand Garrett Willson and Conklin pulling everything down in their path, there just weren't tons of ops for anyone else. I saw Mims on a few good run blocks and his third down snag late in the game...I mean we ran it like 5 or 6 times straight but came up a bit short, had a 3rd and 6, Zack thru a laser to Mims for a first down, and we were able to eat more time off the clock before kicking our last FG. But I think Mims is doing about what we want him to...continue to block in the RG and get ready for your one or two opportunities. They seem to come at critical times.

Now back to Moore, he was playing HARD but nada. What will it take for Moore to become a regular target similar to Garrett? Unfortunately it may take Garrett taking a game off with a sore toe or something, then Moore becomes the MAN that game and we all love him again. Or it may take a few more games where MLF starts to believe in Zack a bit more and opens up the passing game, giving all our pass catchers (and RBs) a shot a catching a rock or two.

If Corey Davis was up for this game, Saleh said Mims has earned the right to be out there right along with him (so one of the others gets sat down....Jeff Smith? Moore?) Any way will be interesting to see how our offense looks for the Pats game with Corey Davis back, Mims still called up, Garrett of course, and little Braxton hoping to make noise. Plus our TEs making some huge grabs. I will be interesting to see how MLF fits all these pieced out there. Cant wait!

Well I got rambling a bit more that I though (so excited about our big win!) so I'll end with a mention for Ashtyn Davis. The invisible man who only shows up when we need a huge play, then he goes away for another game or two. This week he was called to take the direct snap on that fake FG and plow 8 yards dead up the middle of the Bills D line for a critical 1st down, that led to our first points! Our team is so talented we can keep a gremlin locked in a box under the stadium then bring him out when need a huge play....then lock him back up, maybe throw him a hotdog! No,, but Ashtyn time is very little, but when his name is called he somehow pulls off whatever his assignment is. I know we all wanted him gone during cutdown, but can we keep him know? He's almost like our mascot at this point!

I am extremely bullish about Ashtyn's future ... he is the picture of a man making the most of his ops.

Moore was well dressed after the game though and seemed legitimately happy about the win.

giphy.webp

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

David Stein take this advice from 2 former players 

Good stuff....Elijah Moore is talented....but so was Terrell Owens (way more talented than Elijah) and he got himself suspended then traded for the sh*t he pulled in Philly with McNabb and Reid.....he got another shot in Buffalo because he's a top 5 all timer at his positon.....Antonio Brown acting like an a$$hole cost him jobs and money (again more talented than Elijah).

Elijah just needs to work hard and play football and let the rest take care of itself.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Biggs said:

Zach is going to make Moore his bitch for the rest of the season.   This is why Zach is a captain.  Moore went after the QB and OC publicly.  The OC and QB decide who gets the ball.   

I think this is the correct take.

Under that innocent facade he's a bit of a douchebag and an alpha...

Couple of throws could have gone to Moore, both times went to Wilson instead, one he was running the wheel the other both Wilson and him were running the curl. 

Zach's punishing him lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think there is a clear organizational ideology to not reward malcontents. Treat him the way he treated the team and make him work his way back into good graces.

With Corey Davis coming back it will be interesting to see how things unfold.

I'm good with that if that's the strategy.  It svcks because Moore has a lot of talent.  But it's the right move.  If you give an inch to a diva WR, they'll take a mile.

• Upvote 1