The Jets are GOOD, and Zach Wilson sucks.

Lupz27

21 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’m the sensitive one?  I point out our flaw and get attacked like I’m Hitler.  In 4 weeks I’ll be collecting receipts alla Saleh ? ✌️ 

Ah, there’s no classier humor than Hitler humor. 

But at least you’ll be happy if/when the Jets again suck. That’ll be much more cause for elation than the Jets upsetting the Bills.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

57 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Stop with the personal attacks.  I have an opinion about the Jets and their QB.  I’ve been here 13 years and have provided plenty of good content to great content stop.

I'm a fan of Lupz27.  He was one of the most (if not the most) pro-Patrick Mahomes people on here leading up to that draft.  He has plenty of credibility with me.

I've got your back Lupz.  Though I'm still hopeful ZW will pan out.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Zach needs to continue to improve but he progressed today. Just because he isn’t a finished product today doesn’t mean he “sucks” 

Agreed.  It also doesn't mean he played "great" either.  Today was far better than last week though so that's something.

• Ugh 1

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lupz makes an interesting post (taking an "unapproved position") and gets a ton of crap for it.

Meanwhile, JN Captain, FidelioJet says that he thinks Jet fans are the worst fan base in all of sports and nobody seems to care.

There’s nothing interesting in being butt hurt that your guy wasn’t drafted and then overselling what he’s shown in the field.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lupz makes an interesting post (taking an "unapproved position") and gets a ton of crap for it.

Meanwhile, JN Captain, FidelioJet says that he thinks Jet fans are the worst fan base in all of sports and nobody seems to care.

So this is an interesting post:

Both can be true.

It was true with the 09/10 Jets and Sanchez.  You green googled homers will eventually see.

Complete with calling a bunch of the board 'green googled homers', and you expected a different reaction?  On a NYJ message board?

Hmm..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

It didn’t go over well during the draft that year when I said it and it won’t be go well when Fields is killing it and we looking for the next QB.  Just what I see.  I’m a realist.

You have two more weeks of Justin Fields glory and then it's over. Go look at the schedule. It's all going to come crashing down and who's going to be there to pick up the pieces?

• Haha 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

He also played better than Josh Allen. 
….. I wonder if the Bills fan sites are having meltdowns over it?

Possibly, but their QB is proven. He just had a bad day. Zach isn’t proven yet, but we can hope his bad days are becoming less frequent.

• Sympathy 1

Game ball really goes to LaFleur and the coaches 

Pivotal sequence in the game started after they went down 14-3 mid 2nd Q.

ZW with maybe his biggest throw of the game.  The seam ball to GW where he contorts his body, reaching back in mid-air to snare it gets the drive jump-started.

They face a 4th and 1 and Saleh keeps his foot in the gas.  

A FG really doesn’t do much for you there as far as changing momentum and you still have to give the ball back to Allen with plenty of time.

Nice easy boot to Conklin gives them the 1st.  A few plays later MC is in the end zone.

14-10

Jets receive 2nd half kickoff and drive to midfield.  4th and 1 and Saleh / Boyer roll the dice on the fake.

Ashtyn Davis does enough.  1st down.

After the skycam goes down, J-Rob on the nice safe screen pass for TD.  

17-17

ST was lowkey pivotal in this game.  

Bass missed a 57-yarder at end of 1st half that could have extended their lead and broken or at least interrupted the Jets’ momentum.

Zuerlein had the 53-yard make in 1st half that looked like a duck and barely got over and through which got them on the board.

LaFleur with the brilliant play calling on the final drive.  Called exclusively run plays except for the 3rd and 5 slant to Mims.

LaFleur takes a lot of heat here after losses.  But he was terrific today, and the Jets are fortunate to have him.

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You have two more weeks of Justin Fields glory and then it's over. Go look at the schedule. It's all going to come crashing down and who's going to be there to pick up the pieces?

I think Fields will prove to be the better QB and bigger difference maker.

I always he thought he had the most upside of all the QBs in the draft, and we are seeing some of that come to fruition now.

To deny what he’s accomplished of late (with an inferior supporting cast), with literally a historic all-time QB performance today, feels like some pretty naked confirmation bias.

But it doesn’t matter either way at this point.

We are stuck with Zach Wilson.  

I’m also honestly skeptical he can keep up even this mistake-free “game manager” type level of play, but there’s at least more hope than there was a week ago, and regardless, I’m going to savor this win.

• WTF? 1

There have been many weeks since he came back this year in which this post had any merit.  Today is not that day.  He played better today, and hopefully posts like this have less and less teeth moving forward.

As one of his biggest detractors, I hope he continues to grow and prove us wrong.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bob Robbins said:

Honestly I’m still skeptical of Zach but he showed improvement today. He ran forward instead of backwards and was mostly making quick decisions and fairly accurate passes (minus a few missed throws and a couple bailouts by G. Wilson).

But the real issue with this thread that I think people are reacting negatively to (myself included) is the timing and circumstances of it. Huge win for the team against a division rival and SB contender and yet you want to talk doom and gloom about the young QB who played one of his better games? Even if you’re right about Zach (you might be) you’re wrong with this thread.

Well said.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you guys ready to admit some people are just unwilling to anything positive from Zach.  

Anyone watching that game yesterday knows he played a very good game.  Did everything you can ask of a QB.  

Some can’t.  There were fans who complained about every great QB in their prime too.  

Some seem to think every pass needs to be perfect and a bomb and don’t recognize the QB executes the game plan given.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I’m enjoying it.  Just I realize Zach isn’t gonna get this team where we want you can wish all you want it won’t be true.  The quicker they move on the better the team is Really GOOD.

Trade White promote Streveler to back up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Biggest Jets win in three years today and this is the thread you start? lol

Saw Jet highlights on NFL Net a few hours ago.

“Fake News” comes to a sports channel.  Unreal.

Wilson hit 72% of his passes today against the best D in the league.  Get this, the handful of throws he missed, they showed virtually every one of them and NONE of his completions today, not a one haha.  Said they had to rely exclusively on the running game to Win today.

I swear, the National media will still be trolling the Jets and their fans the day they win another Super Bowl.

Wilson had his first 100+ Passer Rating today against the now #1 Ranked D and if you didn’t see the game and just saw their highlights on that channel you’d think he not only didn’t outplay Josh Allen today, you’d think he played like garbage.

• Upvote 4