The Jets are GOOD, and Zach Wilson sucks.

Lupz27

46 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Saw Jet highlights on NFL Net a few hours ago.

“Fake News” comes to a sports channel.  Unreal.

Wilson hit 72% of his passes today against the best D in the league.  Get this, the handful of throws he missed, they showed virtually every one of them and NONE of his completions today, not a one haha.  Said they had to rely exclusively on the running game to Win today.

I swear, the National media will still be trolling the Jets and their fans the day they win another Super Bowl.

Wilson had his first 100+ Passer Rating today against the now #1 Ranked D and if you didn’t see the game and just saw their highlights on that channel you’d think he not only didn’t outplay Josh Allen today, you’d think he played like garbage.

Yeah most of the national media jumped on how beatable the bills are now that the Jets won... 

Jets get no credit for the win outside NY media... It's how bad bills looked

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

Maybe because the first helps prove the second?

I'm not a Zack believer, but the fact that ANYONE thinks today is the day to complain about it?  I'd be interested which fan base is worse . . .

This team hasn't won a Super Bowl in 50+ years.  If we want to win one then there are going to be games where our starting QB has to not just play solid/mistake-free football, but also be a difference maker.  That's the part we haven't seen from Zach yet. 

And I'm not saying he doesn't have the ability to get there.  In fact, I do think he has it in him.  But one of these weeks we need to see it.  And I know this wasn't the week we needed that from him so you can hold off on those responses.  I get it.  But there will be a day.

Btw, I realize most people on here are not mature enough to hear that point after a terrific win like we just experienced.  But it's really not a controversial thing to say at all when you think about it. 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This team hasn't won a Super Bowl in 50+ years.  If we want to win one then there are going to be games where our starting QB has to not just play solid/mistake-free football, but also be a difference maker.  That's the part we haven't seen from Zach yet. 

And I'm not saying he doesn't have the ability to get there.  In fact, I do think he has it in him.  But one of these weeks we need to see it.  And I know this wasn't the week we needed that from him so you can hold off on those responses.  I get it.  But there will be a day.

Btw, I realize most people on here are not mature enough to hear that point after a terrific win like we just experienced.  But it's really not a controversial thing to say at all when you think about it. 

he is a young QB performing EXTREMELY well as of yesterday ..better than any other QB from his class or this year's class ... SO take that to bed with you and suck it.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

he is a young QB performing EXTREMELY well as of yesterday ..better than any other QB from his class or this year's class ... SO take that to bed with you and suck it.

Extremely well?  I'll forgive you because what would a Jet fan know from a QB playing "extremely well" (the Mike White game being an exception).

I'm rooting for Zach so I'm happy he played a solid game.  I slept just fine.  

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The Jets are legit and Zach Wilson might be good enough. 

Wilson is far from great, he's not even good really but, he's good enough and that's all the Jets are asking of him right now and I'll take that for the timing being in hopes that somewhere in there, we see the #2 overall pick at some point.  Because, lets be real, he's a messy, highly flawed player but the fact that he's winning and outside of the NE, not throwing balls/games away as he continues to learn and progress, is a good thing.  We saw him takes a few steps forward in how he managed the pocket and allowed plays to develop, moving mostly forward, not bailing as often and picking up a few first downs with his legs.  Huge aspects when it comes to winning, which is ultimately, all that matters.  Are there areas he needs to improve?  Obviously, yes.  Clearly there is a lot he still needs to clean up but learning and figuring that out while winning, is HUGE for him and the team. 

Exactly right.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Has ZW had an MVP caliber season in his career?  

I’m sorry Zach Wilson has not fulfilled your eminently reasonable standard of having an mvp season during the course of his first 1.5 seasons of pro ball to avoid criticism of a performance that was everything except bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

The roster is pretty loaded. This is the kind of team that can be built with a QB on a rookie contract.

Yesterday was encouraging. Best game I think Wilson’s played. The emphasis on getting the ball out quickly was key IMO.

I think this team can go as far as he can go, which hasn’t been the best feeling after his first few weeks he started. A little optimism crept in after this one for me.

Hopefully he can build off this one.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

It didn’t go over well during the draft that year when I said it and it won’t be go well when Fields is killing it and we looking for the next QB.  Just what I see.  I’m a realist.

What you see? What exactly do you see? Maybe at least make an argument pointing out what makes him bad, other than “he’s bad” . You can’t. You obviously just don’t like him 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Saw Jet highlights on NFL Net a few hours ago.

“Fake News” comes to a sports channel.  Unreal.

Wilson hit 72% of his passes today against the best D in the league.  Get this, the handful of throws he missed, they showed virtually every one of them and NONE of his completions today, not a one haha.  Said they had to rely exclusively on the running game to Win today.

I swear, the National media will still be trolling the Jets and their fans the day they win another Super Bowl.

Wilson had his first 100+ Passer Rating today against the now #1 Ranked D and if you didn’t see the game and just saw their highlights on that channel you’d think he not only didn’t outplay Josh Allen today, you’d think he played like garbage.

Yeah, I suspect last week they got a lot of interest in attacking Zach - so keeping the narrative is good for them.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

The reason why people are pissy is because they aren't allowed to celebrate a season defining win and one of the best wins in 10 years without someone shoving in their face how much they hate the qb... 

Give it a rest... You have spent the last 80 weeks spouting your beliefs... When they beat one of the best teams in football, they should at least give it a week or two... 

Sure ZW has a lot to prove and get better on... He is 5-1 and beat the best team in the league... Maybe he needed the whole to win and didn't need to be the team... But he won and made good passes. When needed. 

Meanwhile Fields is acting like Michael Vick with less accuracy and less touch and he is doing victory laps yet did Chicago win? 

And all this to just prove he is 'right' and anyone that doesn't agree is wrong.

*****NEWS FLASH****

the jets aren't getting fields or any other qb anytime soon... So either root for them or get off the train

I'm not focused on the Justin Fields part of it.  The headline was about the Jets being good but ZW svcks. 

Believe me, I'm celebrating too!  We just beat the best team in the NFL (or at worst, a team that is in the very top tier).

But despite the 12 years of crappy football, I'm not just going to sit there and be satisfied because we're no longer a joke.  We've done plenty of the laughingstock thing.  I'm happy to leave that in the past and just focus on this team trying to be a real contender.  And with this defense, it suddenly doesn't seem as crazy to dream of a Bengals-like SB run this year.  But ZW is going to have to step it up if we're going to get there.  Yesterday's performance was good but, in the bigger picture, we need more from him.  He has the ability.  We need him to realize his potential.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not WHAT you guys are saying, it's WHEN.

The kid took enough steps today to show progress.  And we choose the biggest win we've had in a decade to point out he's not where we need him to be?  And prove our point with JUSTIN FRICKIN FIELDS?!?!?!

It's like making sure the 90 yo guy who's celebrating his b-day doesn't celebrate too much because hey - he's one day closer to death, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’m sorry Zach Wilson has not fulfilled your eminently reasonable standard of having an mvp season during the course of his first 1.5 seasons of pro ball to avoid criticism of a performance that was everything except bad.

You completely missed my point.  Josh Allen gets a pass when he has a bad game because he's had 2 of those MVP-like seasons already.

ZW doesn't get a pass for bad games (not that he needs one for yesterday's game) because he hasn't earned it.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, OCCH23 said:

It's not WHAT you guys are saying, it's WHEN.

The kid took enough steps today to show progress.  And we choose the biggest win we've had in a decade to point out he's not where we need him to be?  And prove our point with JUSTIN FRICKIN FIELDS?!?!?!

It's like making sure the 90 * *guy who's celebrating his b-day doesn't celebrate too much because hey - he's one day closer to death, right?

I've already put the laughingstock Jets in the past.  I'm not going to just be satisfied that we're not sh-tty anymore.  Chris Simms can go F himself if that's what he thinks I should do.

Btw, I don't care about the Justin Fields talk.  I only care about the Jets being focused on being a real contender.

56 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm sorry your suffering from low T.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've already put the laughingstock Jets in the past.  I'm not going to just be satisfied that we're not sh-tty anymore.  Chris Simms can go F himself if that's what he thinks I should do.

Btw, I don't care about the Justin Fields talk.  I only care about the Jets being focused on being a real contender.

So you honestly looked at what a 2nd year QB with 19 career starts was able to do against a dominant defense and you first thought was "UNACCEPTABLE"???

I have no idea what this kid might become, but yesterday isn't what I'll point to as proof he "sucks" . . .

• Post of the Week 1

Football Outsiders had an interesting take:

The Jets successfully protected Wilson from himself for another week; Wilson executed the sort of game plan a team draws up for a third-string rookie. The Jets are coming dangerously close to talking themselves into Wilson, not just for 2022 (fine, this is a fun little run) but beyond (potentially cataclysmic for a team that keeps improving everywhere else).

A four-turnover Wilson meltdown might be cleansing and beneficial in the long run. If only there was some opponent with a long established track record—reinforced just two weeks ago—of doing such a thing to Jets quarterbacks.

I get what they're saying but it feels like they're gonna knock Wilson regardless of what he does at this point.

I do think we need to be realistic and realise that if the best we get from Wilson are games like today, even if it's legitimate progress, we should still bring in legit competition for 2023 - Either he becomes what we want and wins the job or we give the team the best chance. 

This team around the QB is all kinds of legit. Next year we have to make the leap to expecting success and you can't coddle and hide a QB when doing that.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

... Something 90% of this board thought was a pipe dream in week 1.

5-1 .... Let that sink in and bathe in Zach's greatness.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

So you honestly looked at what a 2nd year QB with 19 career starts was able to do against a dominant defense and you first thought was "UNACCEPTABLE"???

I have no idea what this kid might become, but yesterday isn't what I'll point to as proof he "sucks" . . .

Where did I say Zach's play against the Bills was unacceptable?  Where did I say he sucks?  I didn't say any of that anywhere.  

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You completely missed my point.  Josh Allen gets a pass when he has a bad game because he's had 2 of those MVP-like seasons already.

ZW doesn't get a pass for bad games (not that he needs one for yesterday's game) because he hasn't earned it.  

You miss my point. Evaluate zach like a kid from byu with 1.5 seasons of pro experience. That’s who he is. He’s 5-1 with 1 bad game. That has earned him nothing? He was 6-for-7 for 63 yards on the 13-play, 75-yard touchdown drive that drew the Jets to within 14-10 at the half. When called on to perform against the Bills he answered the bell. His naysayers will always find something to complain about.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

You miss my point. Evaluate zach like a kid from byu with 1.5 seasons of pro experience. That’s who he is. He’s 5-1 with 1 bad game. That has earned him nothing? He was 6-for-7 for 63 yards on the 13-play, 75-yard touchdown drive that drew the Jets to within 14-10 at the half. When called on to perform against the Bills he answered the bell. His naysayers will always find something to complain about.

He played very well yesterday.  But just because we won a huge game yesterday doesn't mean we don't need more from him.  On the game winning drive he threw 1 pass (IIRC), albeit an important one.  The defense and the running game were the stars yesterday.  Right now it looks like the only thing that separates the Jets from being a real contender is whether or not Zach can take the next step.  And he has the ability to get there.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Where did I say Zach's play against the Bills was unacceptable?  Where did I say he sucks?  I didn't say any of that anywhere.  

You are legitimizing/defending the posts of someone who clearly feels that way. By definition, it implies you do as well.

If you're saying that's not the case, then I apologize for misunderstanding . . .

Brady and Roethlisberger were game managers until they came into their own. Not using those two as a ceiling for Wilson, just that it’s okay to manage games, as long as you’re winning, until you come into your own. He’s 5-1, we’re playing winning and meaningful football in November and December. Just enjoy it. We’ve spent two decades with such garbage football, you are all going to miss the fun by complaining and waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop. 

• Upvote 4